Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bio Launcher - Can we stop using this now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    Even with limited time, I would suggest you play a match or two with the Unreal Prime weapons / Wail's weapons to give you some additional perspective.
    Just tried the prime mutator. Not so sure about rocket speed, feels slower. Wail are they equal or slower than current UT build?
    Couple of things I noticed:

- Crosshairs completely screwed up.
    - Rocket launcer ALT-Fire is bugged. Sometimes It made reload sound but didn't fire at all.
    - Shock-Combo is Overpowered.
    - Love the alt-fire on the minigun. Should do some serious damage since it fires projectiles but felt a bit weak?
    - Linkgun primary felt a bit weak as well. I prefer original but with 1 or 2 damage points less per primary hit.
    - Sniper trail is nice.
    - Flak doesn't feel like close combat shotgun anymore. It's ok but I think I like the original a bit more.
    - I don't like the original UT sounds. New game needs new sounds

Great job on the mutator though!
    Last edited by forward; 03-16-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danko955 View Post
      I dont like bio launcher at all.
      Too spamy primary, stupid insta web, no following goo but you have that stupid gas so its equal.
      Secondary doesnt feel good and clean when i nail someone like with normal bio. Guess its because off that explosion and gas

We need a ripper for sure, and for bio either fix this launcher or make something totally new for primary and 3rd fire for normal bio riffle or just remove the gun completely.
      Yes agreed. BIO out!

Comment

Originally posted by forward View Post
        Has it been changed recently?
        Maybe the demos I watched where old version?
        Or is there another weapon mutator, with the old UT99 sounds?
        Well I'm not entirely sure, but I think Wail said before it was the same as Epic's rockets, which was a few updates ago - and Epic slowed down rockets by 5% since then. I'm talking about the Trident RL, the one included in Unreal Prime, not the Eightball which is more similar to the UT99 RL.

Comment

Originally posted by forward View Post
          Just tried the prime mutator. Not so sure about rocket speed, feels slower. Wail are they equal or slower than current UT build?

Trident rockets are faster than current build (slower than previous build). This is one of the annoying things about trying to keep track of all of this stuff: I don't have the time to update some kind of data sheet based on where the darts hit on any given day inside Epic offices.

- Crosshairs completely screwed up.
          Blame Epic for that.

Love the alt-fire on the minigun. Should do some serious damage since it fires projectiles but felt a bit weak?
          It's powerful if you hit all of the shots, but you're probably not going to do that unless it's in something like Assault or Onslaught where you're liable to face off against bigger & more predictable targets. That seems like a suitable use for me, but it's still WIP. People who just want the classical fire & fire faster modes already have those to play with.

Linkgun primary felt a bit weak as well. I prefer original but with 1 or 2 damage points less per primary hit.
          It's a different paradigm in which you should be aiming at your opponents feet for splash (ala Quake), instead of relying on hit assist spheres to hit your enemy for you.

I don't like the original UT sounds. New game needs new sounds
          Having a real audio engineer to redo sounds from scratch would be nice. That's not my skillset.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Working...
          X