Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bio Launcher - Can we stop using this now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by forward View Post
    Just tried the prime mutator. Not so sure about rocket speed, feels slower. Wail are they equal or slower than current UT build?

Trident rockets are faster than current build (slower than previous build). This is one of the annoying things about trying to keep track of all of this stuff: I don't have the time to update some kind of data sheet based on where the darts hit on any given day inside Epic offices.

- Crosshairs completely screwed up.
    Blame Epic for that.

Love the alt-fire on the minigun. Should do some serious damage since it fires projectiles but felt a bit weak?
    It's powerful if you hit all of the shots, but you're probably not going to do that unless it's in something like Assault or Onslaught where you're liable to face off against bigger & more predictable targets. That seems like a suitable use for me, but it's still WIP. People who just want the classical fire & fire faster modes already have those to play with.

Linkgun primary felt a bit weak as well. I prefer original but with 1 or 2 damage points less per primary hit.
    It's a different paradigm in which you should be aiming at your opponents feet for splash (ala Quake), instead of relying on hit assist spheres to hit your enemy for you.

I don't like the original UT sounds. New game needs new sounds
    Having a real audio engineer to redo sounds from scratch would be nice. That's not my skillset.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has it been changed recently?
    Maybe the demos I watched where old version?
    Or is there another weapon mutator, with the old UT99 sounds?
    Well I'm not entirely sure, but I think Wail said before it was the same as Epic's rockets, which was a few updates ago - and Epic slowed down rockets by 5% since then. I'm talking about the Trident RL, the one included in Unreal Prime, not the Eightball which is more similar to the UT99 RL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Danko955 View Post
    I dont like bio launcher at all.
    Too spamy primary, stupid insta web, no following goo but you have that stupid gas so its equal.
    Secondary doesnt feel good and clean when i nail someone like with normal bio. Guess its because off that explosion and gas

We need a ripper for sure, and for bio either fix this launcher or make something totally new for primary and 3rd fire for normal bio riffle or just remove the gun completely.
    Yes agreed. BIO out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    Even with limited time, I would suggest you play a match or two with the Unreal Prime weapons / Wail's weapons to give you some additional perspective.
    Just tried the prime mutator. Not so sure about rocket speed, feels slower. Wail are they equal or slower than current UT build?
    Couple of things I noticed:

- Crosshairs completely screwed up.
    - Rocket launcer ALT-Fire is bugged. Sometimes It made reload sound but didn't fire at all.
    - Shock-Combo is Overpowered.
    - Love the alt-fire on the minigun. Should do some serious damage since it fires projectiles but felt a bit weak?
    - Linkgun primary felt a bit weak as well. I prefer original but with 1 or 2 damage points less per primary hit.
    - Sniper trail is nice.
    - Flak doesn't feel like close combat shotgun anymore. It's ok but I think I like the original a bit more.
    - I don't like the original UT sounds. New game needs new sounds

Great job on the mutator though!
    Last edited by forward; 03-16-2016, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont like bio launcher at all.
    Too spamy primary, stupid insta web, no following goo but you have that stupid gas so its equal.
    Secondary doesnt feel good and clean when i nail someone like with normal bio. Guess its because off that explosion and gas

We need a ripper for sure, and for bio either fix this launcher or make something totally new for primary and 3rd fire for normal bio riffle or just remove the gun completely.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah ok. Havent played with the mutator myself yet, only watched some demos with the mutator on.
    I don't like the rocket speed, waaaay too slow.
    But tbh i'm not interested in playing around with mutators in this stage of development.

I don't have much time to play and if I do, I want to play the game by EPIC. I still have some faith in them
    I'm sure some tweaking will be done to the current weapon balancing. But I already like it more than previous UT's atm.
    Even with limited time, I would suggest you play a match or two with the Unreal Prime weapons / Wail's weapons to give you some additional perspective.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
    It's 5% faster than Epic's rockets.
    Has it been changed recently?
    Maybe the demos I watched where old version?
    Or is there another weapon mutator, with the old UT99 sounds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's 5% faster than Epic's rockets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes .
    Ah ok. Havent played with the mutator myself yet, only watched some demos with the mutator on.
    But tbh i'm not interested in playing around with mutators in this stage of development.

I don't have much time to play and if I do, I want to play the game by EPIC. I still have some faith in them
    I'm sure some tweaking will be done to the current weapon balancing. But I already like it more than previous UT's atm.
    Last edited by forward; 03-16-2016, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trident RL, as in your mutator?
    Yes .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    If only there were another weapon that controlled space through bounces, but didn't do 70 damage per hit.
    Real subtle [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION]....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    The RL grenades (Epic's) have built-in randomization to them that purposefully makes them unreliable.

Just for reference the Trident Rocket Launcher grenades do shoot further and have the silly randomization removed, so yes, it's pretty close to the Bio Launcher functionality (sans gas cloud).
    Trident RL, as in your mutator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My thoughts exactly.
    The bio launcher is redundant if you could fire the RL grenades a bit further.

Is it so hard these days to invent a new weapon?
    The RL grenades (Epic's) have built-in randomization to them that purposefully makes them unreliable.

Just for reference the Trident Rocket Launcher grenades do shoot further and have the silly randomization removed, so yes, it's pretty close to the Bio Launcher functionality (sans gas cloud).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ocket-Launcher
    Agree on all points.

If the rocket launcher had a switch to fire only a single grenade in secondary mode and they fired like the Bio launcher, than it could be removed.

The current projectile is not catered for in the same way like Bio launcher.
    My thoughts exactly.
    The bio launcher is redundant if you could fire the RL grenades a bit further.

Is it so hard these days to invent a new weapon?
    Last edited by forward; 03-16-2016, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the idea of the new bio launcher and love the way nades play into arenafps, I hope it hangs around for the future. However in its current state I feel it has too many options. It's like a Swiss army knife:

Shoot nades
    Bouncy nades
    Gas cloud
    Goo blob
    Goo blob Web

The rate of fire is too fast, and you can literally hit the moon with the current launch distance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X