Frame Drops!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame Drops!!

Hey I love to play Unreal Tournament but I have frame drops!
    I run the game on High-Epic setting. I have more than 60 fps and sometimes these drops so hard that the game lags.
    Its hard to play with these lags. I tried V-Sync but that its under 60 fps but I want 60 fps.
    I limited the fps in the settings but I have frame drops.
    So is it possible to set the fps exacly to 60 fps so that these not drops or get higher?

I hope someone can help me and sorry for my english I am just a german guy.

Best wishes
    Lukas

Hi [MENTION=4082]Luka[/MENTION]s and welcome to the forums.

As the game is still in #Prealpha and hasn't been fully optimised I suggest running at all low settings instead of Epic.

Also, post your computer details and was resolution you run at.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
      Hi @Lukas and welcome to the forums.

As the game is still in #Prealpha and hasn't been fully optimised I suggest running at all low settings instead of Epic.

Also, post your computer details and was resolution you run at.
      Just came to say that I also get some severe drops, though in most DM games in maps not meshed yet, such as tuba, I tend to get high frames 150+, however in maps where there are lots of players and weapons firing, the framerate drops.

A few nights ago I was playing some CTF and it was shooting all the way down to 50-60 in heavy firefights and then back up to 100+ when there is less happening (this was also in a non-meshed map).. in meshed maps like Chill it gives a big hit to framerates.

Normally this wouldn't bother me too much as 60 is still a very decent framerate, however in this game not so much.. when the framerate contrasts wildly between high and lower it can be very jarring and affects the gameplay big time, more than in other types of games that don't require such quick movements and mouse flicks.

I hope over time it will improve as the engine is optimized and enhanced. I play with almost everything on low @ 3440x1440.
      IGN: Xannen

Specs: 2600k@4.6, Gigabute Z68XP-UD4 Mobo, 8gb Patriot Viper DDR3, Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Corsair HX1050 PSU, Zotac 980ti, TT Core V31

Comment

Use frame rate smoothing if you do not want more than 60 FPS.

Comment

Working...
        X