No announcement yet.

Forum look... will it change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean placed at the top of the page, if you scroll it will move out of the top edge, right? Not pinned as overlay (such like it is now but it will stay)?
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
      You mean placed at the top of the page, if you scroll it will move out of the top edge, right?
      Exactly

Not pinned as overlay (such like it is now but it will stay)?
      That's how it was before this animation ...at least for lower screen resolutions.
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
        [MENTION=1513]Flak[/MENTION] [MENTION=4096]Entropy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6511]Who[/MENTION]EverIsResponsibleForThis !!!

Please, pin the header to the top of the page and stop its animation!!!!
        I'm getting headache from this in and out moving garbage.
        I don't know if you are aware of it, but even Safari on an iPod can quickly scroll up by taping the black bar (where the date/time and battery stats are). We don't need to be remembered every second where and who we are.

Even Fazebook is not that annoying.

PLEASE, CHANGE THE HEADER!!
        I'm sorry to say but I have to bump this thread.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

[MENTION=34994]papercoffee[/MENTION]:

Greasemonkey, Scriptish, Tampermonkey, Violent monkey, ...
          Code:
          // hide nav bar
          var globalHeader = $('#epicGamesNavigation');
          globalHeader.attr('style', 'height: 0px');
          globalHeader.attr('style', 'display: none');

// remove top spacing
          $('#toplinks').prev('br').remove();

// add profile link
          $('#notifications').after('<li class="welcomelink">Welcome, <a href="'+window.PROFILEURL+'">'+window.USERNAME+'</a></li>');
          Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 04-12-2016, 07:38 PM.
          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

[MENTION=192]RattleSN4K3[/MENTION]
            Thanks ...but it won't work.
            I have no clue how Greasemonkey works

Edit-------------------------
            Ok I set a wild-card after forums/ and it works ...except for the "add profile link" part
            Last edited by papercoffee; 04-12-2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Ok I set a wild-card after forums/ and it works ...except for the "add profile link" part
              Hmm. If you're logged in, it should add the "Welcome, papercoffee" part to the toplinks section. I haven't checked other themes, but UEGrey does work. It should look like this (although that I've modified the bar a bit more):

Spoiler

Comment

Hmm. If you're logged in, it should add the "Welcome, papercoffee" part to the toplinks section. I haven't checked other themes, but UEGrey does work. It should look like this (although that I've modified the bar a bit more):

Spoiler
                Nope ...that's how it looks for me.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	header.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	345308

I use NoScribt with facebook and googletagmanager blocked.

Comment

Nope ...that's how it looks for me.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]28510[/ATTACH]
                  Seems like the toplinks area is located a bit lower than normal. It's near the twich ad in your screen.

Try this script
                  Code:
                  // hide nav bar
                  var globalHeader = $('#epicGamesNavigation');
                  globalHeader.attr('style', 'height: 0px');
                  globalHeader.attr('style', 'display: none');

// remove top spacing
                  $('#toplinks').prev('br').remove();

// add profile link
                  $('#notifications').after('<li class="welcomelink">Welcome, <a href="'+window.PROFILEURL+'">'+window.USERNAME+'</a></li>');

// Remove last toplink padding to the left; creating a dynamic css rule
                  $("<style>")
                      .prop("type", "text/css")
                      .html("\
                          .toplinks ul.isuser li:first-child {\
                              padding-right: 0px;\
                          }")
                      .appendTo("head");

// move toplinks into breadcrumb bar
                  var newtoplinks = $('<li style="float: right;"></li>');
                  newtoplinks.append($('#toplinks'));
                  $('#breadcrumb ul.floatcontainer').append(newtoplinks);

// fix css props of toplinks being offset
                  $('#toplinks').css('position', 'static');

Comment

[MENTION=192]RattleSN4K3[/MENTION]
                    And now it looks like this

Name:	header02.png
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	345309
                    ...What screen resolution do you have?
                    Last edited by papercoffee; 04-12-2016, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Additionally remove the padding of the toplinks tag.
                      Code:
                      $('#toplinks').css('padding-top', '0px');
                      Still don't know why "$('#notifications').after(...)" doesn't add anything. Try
                      Code:
                      §('#toplinks ul.isuser').append($('<li class="welcomelink">Welcome, <a href="'+window.PROFILEURL+'">'+window.USERNAME+'</a></li>'));
                      ... instead of the line "$('#notifications').after(...);"

Comment

Still don't know why "$('#notifications').after(...)" doesn't add anything. Try
                        Code:
                        §('#toplinks ul.isuser').append($('<li class="welcomelink">Welcome, <a href="'+window.PROFILEURL+'">'+window.USERNAME+'</a></li>'));
                        ... instead of the line "$('#notifications').after(...);"
                        Didn't you mean $('#toplinks ul.isuser').append(... ?

Well now it works ...It's not as beautiful as your edited header but it's ok-ish.

Name:	header03.png
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	345314

Comment

Am I the only one or is the "Notifications" area now behind the black EpicGames header?
                          (it could be a cache problem on my end though)

Name:	utforum_header2.png
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	345315

Well now it works ...It's not as beautiful as your edited header but it's ok-ish.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28516[/ATTACH]
                          Depending on your browser, you can use the Inspector to see what the values are of the ".toplinks" html tag. In Firefox, you can press Shift+Ctrl+C. In your case, it's likely a padding (top and right) which needs to be adjusted). Using the most recent script, the "toplinks" area is already moved into a specific html tag and the position is set to static. Additionally you could try using the css property "display: inline".

PS: Yep. I meant $.

Comment

Depending on your browser, you can use the Inspector to see what the values are of the ".toplinks" html tag. In Firefox, you can press Shift+Ctrl+C. In your case, it's likely a padding (top and right) which needs to be adjusted). Using the most recent script, the "toplinks" area is already moved into a specific html tag and the position is set to static. Additionally you could try using the css property "display: inline".
                            I checked it and did see that "toplinks" is pinned right under "breadcrumb" but I think the "navbar" would be a better place.
                            But my understanding of scripts is very rudimentary and I couldn't get it placed there. I'm too dumb for scripts as it seems.

Comment

Thank you Epic team, for changing the header and its behaviour ...I was long away and didn't notice the changes.
                              Now I can disable the Greasemonkey script.

Comment

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Stacey Conley
                                -----------------------------
                                Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                                Epic Games, Inc.
                                Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                                X