Leave a comment:

• replied
    *frantically flails around like a mad man*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice, i'm loving the new maps they pushed out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MapCore results are in! We're planning to do a stream next week to announce results. More details coming soon!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, that's good to know... Let's see if I can find some time for this (probably not... ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From Mapcore

Just because Phase 1 ended it doesn't man you can't continue improving your shell during Phase 2. The deadline is set so we can playtest and evaluate to improve the outcome of Phase 2. As stated in the rules, feel free to move on to Phase 2 as soon as you are finished with Phase 1. You don't have to wait until the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ****... I'm a bit late to the party... O_o

Will we be allowed to keep making gameplay changes once Phase 1 is over? I'm out of time to consider joining otherwise... :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Basilica.png
Views:	1
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	345306

I don't know about you guys, but to block out my map I find that utilizing some basic models I've created from BLENDER allows for more concise shapes than relying on BSP alone. While a good layout is paramount for a contest entry, I find that even blocked out maps that are decent to look at get played more, plain and simple. A more final version of the map can of course further divide this Basilica up to be more modular, of course....

Even THIS started life as blocked-out BSP in Unreal Tournament, but was just a simple walkway that was plain FUGLY instead of the roof being part of the walkable area... the front of the Basilica will be a ramped' entry while the rear leads to an elevator shaft (jump trick, people)... so there are actually 3 floors to this thing....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Imagine Games View Post
    also does anyone know where we can get the assets were going to need for this?
    Most of the assets are available in the UT editor. You can also use any assets from UE4 marketplace – there are quite a few free assets there. Also a hint: Epic games demos and tutorials (see "Learn" section of Unreal Engine tab in the launcher) also have quite a few assets that can be used in any UE4 project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    also does anyone know where we can get the assets were going to need for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im new to this software have a full time job that regularly makes me work 60 hours a week..... IM GONNA MURDER THIS!!!!! TURN UP *****ES WERE GONNA GIVE THEM A YEARS WORTH OF LEVELS!!!!! nah but really ill do all I can with what I have

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
    Experimenting with different setups like that is ok and encouraged!
    Thank you sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
    Does the map have to use a traditional showdown type map that is essentially a DM map? Or would it be ok to utilize the new team spawning and have teams spawn in the same room at the beginning of each round?
    Experimenting with different setups like that is ok and encouraged!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does the map have to use a traditional showdown type map that is essentially a DM map? Or would it be ok to utilize the new team spawning and have teams spawn in the same room at the beginning of each round?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A couple of my ideas weren't particularly sci-fi or futuristic but more of a real world environment. Nothing near as deviant as a cartoon style.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X