Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite UT Moment?

Hi folks,
    In all the excitement of the announcement, it's hard not to remember my favorite moments playing UT. I figured we could share, whether it was maps, modes, mods, a specific match, or frag. One of mine would be playing seemingly endless matches in CTF-TwinValley with my college roommates. We played it enough that we started developing strategies on a whiteboard for matches against other rival dorm rooms.
    David Spalinski
    @spazinski
    Epic Games

drunken gaming in 2k4 man. it was so awesome with my mates

Comment

I played UT2004 CTF competitively, and i've just got a million great stories to tell!

It's mostly the suspense, the suspense I havent experienced in any multiplayer game since. I loved how the competitive scene easily adapted to community made maps. I absolutely loved IRC pickup channels! Had the best matches ever.

Comment

Flying around in Hall of Giants with the Mr Pants Excessive Overkill mod.

And crushing Xan's winning streak of course.

Comment

A Clanbase (or possibly Jolt...time has passed) 5v5 CTF ladder match, drawing 4-4 with the ten second countdown just starting on LavaGiant and me just breaking through the central wall carrying the flag - cue the greatest piston jump of all time to fling me over the wall of my base from a ridiculous distance. Just as I land on our flag pole, with 2 seconds remaining, my team return our flag allowing us to win 5-4 with literally 1 second remaining.

Lovely.
          M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareKitteh View Post
            Flying around in Hall of Giants with the Mr Pants Excessive Overkill mod.

And crushing Xan's winning streak of course.
            EO > all other gameplay

Comment

Just this past year discovering that I could play UT99 from a USB flash drive at a public terminal.
              Dueling Flak Cannons
              We see the shells falling
              Together, we die

Comment

Very generally, my 2 favorite "moments" in any of the Unreal Tournament games(although Unreal is my favorite):

-The amazement/awe from experiencing UT2003 when it first came out, at my best friend's house; that sleek, sexy sci-fi blue menu screen, that unforgettably in-your-face menu action music, and of course the brand new sound & graphics that put the Dell to it's knees.

-The experience of UT; that unique, powerful instagib, the infinite list of truly amazing maps, bucketloads of the funnest mutators, hilarious skins & voice packs, incredibly audacious Total Conversions...pretty much *anything* UT; you name it.

Comment

Air Rox (Shooting someone mid-air with a rocket launcher resulting in their death)

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                    EO > all other gameplay
                    WOO! The community I played on had this version of the mod. Pretty much all EO weapons except sniper and the game speed with everything else being vanilla. So self damage on (no boosting), original health, etc made the game tons more faster.

Comment

Instagibbing a guy in Codex with the Biorifle before he took the belt
                      Oh and various air rockets too

Comment

Everytime when I was playing with my classmates during the breaks + all the planning before we played against the other class...... it was an epic time
                        Here you can find all my Unreal Engine 4 Video Tutorials: <<Klick here>>
                        • on my channel you can find germand and english tutorials
                        • there are also around 180 video tutorials about the UE3 on my channel

Comment

A recent one in UT99 was me shooting a guy with a pistol at the same time he was shooting a redeemer, resulting in a redeemer exploding in his face . Lol'd hard. The match happened to be a duel in some redeemer arena map (can't remember the name), i was winning but then my connection died. A sad ending.

Comment

Smacking a Raptor and a Cicada out of the air with a pair of completely random unaimed SPMA direct hits (ONS-Adara). Couldn't convince anyone that I wasn't cheating though, but I was pleased with my "Hahaha, oh Duuuuuude!" moment.
                            Protocol is our alt-fire function.

Comment

20 seconds before the match ended in a very intense 2-1 (we were the ones losing) VCTF-Suspense LAN game, our flag carrier was just reaching the base (right underneath the Manta spawnpoint) when a Raptor, which spawned like 5 seconds beforehand, managed to get to our base and crush him, along with everyone else who came to assist. When the announcer announced "Red flag returned", the entire room was cheering (especially the guy who pulled it off, he nearly tore his headphone cable right out)! 12 players felt like a thousand
                              Last edited by DDRRE; 05-19-2014, 05:12 PM.
                              Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                              "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                              Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
                              X