Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by 213 View Post
    There is an option for that. It's under the HUD Settings, afaik. Let us know if that helps.
    OK, I'll look around for that, I was not aware this existed. I'll report back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sati1984 View Post
    I want to raise a different issue - I have a 24" monitor and I'm not sitting too far from it when gaming. I'm absolutely struggling to read the in-game chat, since the font is just too tiny. In comparison, I have no problem reading the TF2 in-game chat or the UT99 in-game chat (I also had a problem with UT2004's in-game chat). So my suggestion: have an option to enlarge chat font and add a semi-transparent background to it (as it was done in UT99) to improve readability.
    There is an option for that. It's under the HUD Settings, afaik. Let us know if that helps.
    Last edited by 213; 06-13-2016, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 213 View Post
    Just want to remind the devs that the chat system is still not acceptable.

Keep up the hard work,

Thanks
    I want to raise a different issue - I have a 24" monitor and I'm not sitting too far from it when gaming. I'm absolutely struggling to read the in-game chat, since the font is just too tiny. In comparison, I have no problem reading the TF2 in-game chat or the UT99 in-game chat (I also had a problem with UT2004's in-game chat). So my suggestion: have an option to enlarge chat font and add a semi-transparent background to it (as it was done in UT99) to improve readability.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for pointing that out [MENTION=259874]richardboegli[/MENTION]. The chat system ingame is the broken one. Inbetween matches is still not acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=261162]BigFatErik[/MENTION] I was referring to chat in launcher.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Absolutely... Some kind of persistent chat is desperately needed.

ut can be frustrating enough without the added niggle of having to type he same thing twice or even three times. In between matches is when people communicate most.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for reminding me about that, it's near the top of my "annoying user experience" list. So @richardboegli, youre saying that the in-game chat feature is created by the launcher team? The fact that a new windiw is brought up every few seconds at the end of a game, and loses focus on the in-game chat? I dunno about that....

BTW, you also lose focus if youre trying to change your name at the end of the game too. When youre on the "player settings" tab, the name box will lose focus when the end game screens come up. Pretty silly imo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chat system is done by launcher team IIRC not UT team. Still developers just different ones.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Friendly reminder of broken chat system

Friendly reminder of broken chat system

Just want to remind the devs that the chat system is still not acceptable.

Keep up the hard work,

Thanks
Working...
X