Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New playable pre-alpha build posted 8/29/2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Amant-Rus View Post
    1. I've not to find crosshair for 4 minutes in menu! Please add this tab to weapons.
    2. i've tried to bind weapons on keys, what is "group 1", "group 2"....? Please add names of weapons.
    Here

    1: Impact Hammer
    2: Pistola
    3: Bio
    4: Shock Rifle
    5: Link Gun
    6: Stinger (minigun)
    7: Flak Cannon
    8: Rocket Launcher
    9: Sniper Rifle
    0: Redeemer


    Really wish you guys would look around a bit this has been posted twice by me and I got it else where. A lot of the comments on here are addressed elsewhere.
    The reset of key binds was in the release notes. I discount anyone's rants about how **** it is if they have not done this basic research.

    Just to counter the moaning, I like this build, well done UT team

    Comment


      Originally posted by GreyNick View Post
      Here

      1: Impact Hammer
      2: Pistola
      3: Bio
      4: Shock Rifle
      5: Link Gun
      6: Stinger (minigun)
      7: Flak Cannon
      8: Rocket Launcher
      9: Sniper Rifle
      0: Redeemer


      Really wish you guys would look around a bit this has been posted twice by me and I got it else where. A lot of the comments on here are addressed elsewhere.
      The reset of key binds was in the release notes. I discount anyone's rants about how **** it is if they have not done this basic research.

      Just to counter the moaning, I like this build, well done UT team
      Shouldn't have to is the whole point.

      In the menus the weapons should be labeled after the weapons or at least have a key. You shouldn't have to memorize or lookup what group is what weapon and go back and forth just to map your weapons thats stupid and time consuming. Sure eventually you remember them but for new players this just laughably harder than it should be.


      Also warmup should be a forced 1 minute warmup, its too confusing and just doesn't work in practice the way its setup now. Mods in past UTs already did this for years and it was 1 minute forced which just works better.
      Last edited by ness 710; 09-01-2016, 09:13 AM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by nes710 View Post
        Shouldn't have to is the whole point.

        In the menus the weapons should be labeled after the weapons or at least have a key. You shouldn't have to memorize or lookup what group is what weapon and go back and forth just to map your weapons thats stupid and time consuming. Sure eventually you remember them but for new players this just laughably harder than it should be.
        What if for a usability point of view, you can bind your weapon keys in the weapon settings as well?

        While it is a double up, it still fall within being reasonable from a usability point of view.

        As a bit of an easter Egg, you could actually press the keys and have the weapons change in the settings screen.
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

        Comment


          Reserving judgement on most things, but it's clear without much playing that the red screen and spawn delay ought to be rolled back. The red screen as it currently appears just makes it harder to avoid further damage rather than its intended purpose of giving you an alert. The spawn delay, meanwhile, just reduces the fun quotient.

          Comment


            The armor system changes in duel are boring in my opinion. With the free 25 armor and maxing at 100 for both armors besides belt, it doesn't feel very rewarding by timing and controlling the armors. It's almost a mute point to control them effectively, you often lose more HP when trying to secure it and you only get a marginal armor improvement if any at all. I mostly do it out of habit but it just feels wrong that the stack max is 100 (without belt). I think it also lowers the skill ceiling, we're talking about a 75 armor variance between a fresh spawn and someone that effectively controls 2 armors outside of belt.

            The rockets feel a bit too slow / sluggish to me, not sure how others feel about them.

            Other changes I think were pretty good. Overall this build was an improvement in my opinion, just don't love the armor system changes. I think a higher armor cap for 100 armor / 50 armor would be better but still giving belt an edge and incentive to get it.

            Comment


              Originally posted by argeshaar View Post
              Reserving judgement on most things, but it's clear without much playing that the red screen and spawn delay ought to be rolled back. The red screen as it currently appears just makes it harder to avoid further damage rather than its intended purpose of giving you an alert. The spawn delay, meanwhile, just reduces the fun quotient.
              There is an option in the UI about hit damage or something, but I can't say for sure whether it affects this - but have a look for it and give it a go.
              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

              My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

              Comment


                This build just feels too slow now. Movement is noticeably slower, rockets are noticeably slower. I didn't think there was anything wrong with either previously. Just me?

                Comment


                  Thank you very much I gonna try this one.

                  Comment


                    The rocket isn't any slower, it just looks different.

                    Comment


                      Cant change my nick. It wont save.

                      My stats gave been reset.

                      My friends list is always empty, but appears again if i add someone who is already on the list.

                      And spawntime sucks imo.... This is not cod

                      Comment


                        [QUOTE=InVader;254485]


                        Armor:
                        • The simplified armor is an... interesting change. I do like how it can be stacked up.
                          • Problem is, it can only be stacked up to 100. It makes armor very weak and often not worth fighting over. Full stack should be 200, like in UT3.
                          • If the mentality behind this change was that the old armor system was too complicated, then let me tell you that the issue was with the UI, not the mechanics behind it. The armor value in the hud could've been color coded based on how much absoprtion you had (yelow = 50%, red = 75% and a shining effect for the 100% absorption of the shield belt), making it much more intuitive. The system wasn't complex, it just wasn't intuitive either. Reflex did the same thing and it works wonderfully.


                        Praise InVader for this comment. Epic Make it happen!

                        Comment


                          Respawn delay sucks, really really sucks
                          25 armor to start in CTF sucks for carrier
                          Shock is op, too easy in CTF against carrier
                          Movement is too slow now, not enough of a feeling of momentum

                          otherwise sound, hud, flak, mini, are much better. Link might be too weak now, not sure yet. Rockets feel slow.

                          Comment


                            i'm happier with the flak, but it still needs work
                            i think the spread should be more like a cone
                            it should start out as a tighter spread, and fan out more

                            because up close, you still get one shotted by it @ 100/25, as the spread seems to be about 3 body widths wide
                            i think it's still too easy to use

                            also, i've nailed people with 3 rockets, and they survive, has damage been reduced?

                            would also like to see some kind of visual difference between a spawned 100/25 guy and someone with 100a or 150a
                            different colours of armour/shield, depending on how much they have? it only needs to be revealed if/when you hit them/deal damage
                            Last edited by bacon buster; 09-01-2016, 07:25 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
                              Respawn delay sucks, really really sucks
                              25 armor to start in CTF sucks for carrier
                              Shock is op, too easy in CTF against carrier
                              Movement is too slow now, not enough of a feeling of momentum

                              otherwise sound, hud, flak, mini, are much better. Link might be too weak now, not sure yet. Rockets feel slow.
                              people keep saying that 25a at spawn is bad
                              i think it's a bit more nuanced than that
                              for example you can attack at the start of halves now, and be that bit more confident that you can survive their rockets

                              also, if you kill the defender, with the spawn delay, you will be out of the base before they have time to spawn, grab rockets, etc.
                              Last edited by bacon buster; 09-01-2016, 07:33 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
                                25 armor to start in CTF sucks for carrier
                                The respawn delay balances this out.

                                ...not that I think it's good or anything.
                                Unreal Tournament CTFer.
                                ____________________________

                                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

                                YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X