Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.1.5 Update posted 10/18/2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Hayrack View Post
    @code187 During that half of a second shock core ajusts itself to crosshair, what could have been a potentially missed combo in tense situation. I know it's subjective but it greatly improved my combo accuracy.
    There are plenty of little tricks you pick up along the way that improve accuracy but its how the weapons work.

    i mean if you fired the core then moved your cross hair quickly say 90 degrees it wouldn't align, its not that its aligning its how it looks when its fired.

    I got heaps of tips to improve your shock accuracy but instead of writing them down i like to demonstrate if/when i get asked.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

    Comment


      Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
      French guy? Who? No.

      Are you kidding me? Do I know what hitscan is? I am talking about sniper, so yes, I know what hitscan is. Not really talking about shock secondary in this case, but even that actually is hitscan - just against the secondary ball. Your statistics mean nothing. I didn't get sniped a couple of times. I'm talking about instant one shot sniper kills over and over. And trust me this is out of nowhere, while I am dodging like crazy using transclocator + movement keys + dodge keys + jumping + sliding. Yes, the average player is nowhere near that good with sniper and that is why you may disagree, but someone with well-tuned aim has a really unfair advantage with it. Maybe you haven't played such games, but trust me, it isn't fun as you really can't do anything, the moment you appear you usually get sniped. Again, I know this is not an issue against all players. But my opinion is that no one should be able to have that kind of advantage or the game gets pretty bland.

      I don't see any more "skilled" players, hence maybe why you have this issue of not understanding that a high damage un-dodgeable weapon is OP. I speak strictly from a CTF perspective though, so keep that in mind. In DM its less of an issue as its easier to find cover and keep distance. In CTF you have an objective, so you can't just sit around (except for the lame snipers that do and ruin the match). The sniper is too easy to hit and/or does too much damage when used by a skilled player, that is my opinion and my point. I don't care if you disagree. I am not the only one who thinks so, I hear the same thing from other players often enough both in game and on this forum.
      i'll put it this way, i 'd be happy if every defender ever was using sniper rifle all the time, as a fc i'd be so happy but no they use flak and combos because that is what is overpowered, i have never heard argument more stupid than hitscan is op because it is undodagable only you and some developer could think that rofl, say what you want but statistics do not lie especially in ctf sniper is way behind shock flak and rl in kills hell maybe even behind stinger

      Comment


        I wouldn't mind seeing that shock change if someone can make a quick video.

        Having a 1 min damage for rockets and shock, reducing the flak (per) shard damage by 1 would make a good difference to the weapon balance.
        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

        My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

        Comment


          Having played some more recently. And I hate when it when I read it else where but that needs to be said after lunpiglades post : against and With the best players in Europe.

          Sniper and shok prim are definitely not a problem even with the best aimers in the World. But Im surprised nobody mentionned it yet, enforcers and mini are extremely strong. Not so many people use mini because its dirty and theres a small delay before firing. But once you are on the Target its a kill. Only direct flak or roket after using a wall to hide can help you.

          Comment


            Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
            but someone with well-tuned aim has a really unfair advantage with it.
            Of course someone with good aim has an unfair advantage, someone that can place rockets well also has an unfair advantage with RL, someone that is sick at predicting combos with the shock rifle also has an unfair advantage with shock, are you actually implying that people that are good with a certain weapon should be punished for it? Because that's hilarious.


            Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
            hence maybe why you have this issue of not understanding that a high damage un-dodgeable weapon is OP.
            Hit-scan is un-dodgeable, but not unavoidable. Sure, you cannot dodge the instant hit shot itself, but you can do a lot in terms of movement to make that shot as hard as possible to land. Sounds to me like you don't know how to counter hit-scan properly and then call it OP. But I can tell you with a lot more confidence that many more people have a much harder time countering flak/rockets than sniper, including me.

            And I've played against some very hit-scan heavy players. It only gets ridiculous when 3-4 of them camp at the same time with sniper (which usually indicates team imbalance anyway, because with balanced teams they'd never get that opportunity), but try actually doing something at all as attacker when 3-4 of them camp the flag base with stombos+flak+rockets, those are literally the most boring matches.

            You're a minority here, sniper is most definitely not OP, if anything, it's the only weapon that sits just right in terms of balance. I've shown you the stats, you may not care, but stats are a lot more objective than your opinion. It's strange that sniper accounts for so few kills on average among CTF players if it's so OP, isn't it?
            Last edited by Avalanche._; 10-24-2016, 07:04 AM.
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

            IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

            Comment


              Originally posted by boNz View Post
              Im surprised nobody mentionned it yet, enforcers and mini are extremely strong. Not so many people use mini because its dirty and theres a small delay before firing. But once you are on the Target its a kill. Only direct flak or roket after using a wall to hide can help you.
              Indeed, minigun aint that bad. here's my weaponstats:
              Attached Files
              UT Since UT99 Demo

              Comment


                Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
                You can set it in the menus still, its just cut off the screen a bit. Check the other thread in this forum regarding this. Its there.
                Yeah, but you can only set it to toggle, that is a huge difference for me anyway, maybe not for others. Especially with the slow weapons change, and every other time I hit the button it brings up another weapon instead of my x-loc. So when i hit the button, and it responds so slowly that i end up hitting the key again to make sure it is registering. By that time it skips the x-loc, and goes back to the previous weapon. It makes me a sitting duck while i wait for the x-loc, and i get slaughtered every time like an *******. Also, I am crashing almost every other game, and my rig has never had any issues before this update...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by brik5hithou5e View Post
                  Yeah, but you can only set it to toggle, that is a huge difference for me anyway, maybe not for others. Especially with the slow weapons change, and every other time I hit the button it brings up another weapon instead of my x-loc. So when i hit the button, and it responds so slowly that i end up hitting the key again to make sure it is registering. By that time it skips the x-loc, and goes back to the previous weapon. It makes me a sitting duck while i wait for the x-loc, and i get slaughtered every time like an *******. Also, I am crashing almost every other game, and my rig has never had any issues before this update...
                  I'm not experiencing this bind bug others are having, I have xloc bound to a key still (non-toggle), probably got lucky.

                  You might be able to adjust it manually with a local bind though (that doesn't get deleted by the cloud).

                  Try putting this in \Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini:
                  LocalBinds=(KeyName="Z",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SelectTranslocator",FriendlyName=)

                  Put it under the header [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput] in that ini file.

                  Replace Z with whatever key you use.
                  Last edited by Avalanche._; 10-24-2016, 03:10 PM.
                  Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

                  IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

                  Comment


                    I don't like new armor system, in my opinion it makes armors less important than health vials Too much situations when I was killed by one hit when I had fresh belt. Additional 25 armor on respawn is unfair (reward for the lost fight?).
                    Last edited by rAge.; 10-24-2016, 05:04 PM.

                    Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
                      I'm not experiencing this bind bug others are having, I have xloc bound to a key still (non-toggle), probably got lucky.

                      You might be able to adjust it manually with a local bind though (that doesn't get deleted by the cloud).

                      Try putting this in \Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini:
                      LocalBinds=(KeyName="Z",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SelectTranslocator",FriendlyName=)

                      Put it under the header [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput] in that ini file.

                      Replace Z with whatever key you use.
                      How funny, the "z" key is exactly the key i bind it to!! Question: my input.ini file doesn't have that header in it. Can I just add it at the end, or does it have to be in a certain order? And thanks Archer, I really hope this works, and I sure do appreciate you taking the time to help me out!!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
                        I'm not experiencing this bind bug others are having, I have xloc bound to a key still (non-toggle), probably got lucky.

                        You might be able to adjust it manually with a local bind though (that doesn't get deleted by the cloud).

                        Try putting this in \Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini:
                        LocalBinds=(KeyName="Z",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SelectTranslocator",FriendlyName=)

                        Put it under the header [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput] in that ini file.

                        Replace Z with whatever key you use.
                        Well, no luck adding that rule to my input.ini file, though I wasn't sure exactly where to put it. initially I just added it at the bottom, but when that didn't work I changed it to look like this:

                        [/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
                        bEnableMouseSmoothing=True
                        DoubleClickTime=0.300000
                        ActionMappings=(ActionName="SlowerEmote",Key=MouseScrollDown,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
                        ActionMappings=(ActionName="FasterEmote",Key=MouseScrollUp,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
                        DefaultViewportMouseCaptureMode=CapturePermanently_IncludingInitialMouseDown
                        ConsoleKey=None
                        bCaptureMouseOnLaunch=True
                        bDefaultViewportMouseLock=False
                        DefaultViewportMouseLockMode=LockOnCapture


                        [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput]
                        LocalBinds=(KeyName="Z",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SelectTranslocator",FriendlyName=)
                        bCaptureMouseOnLaunch=True
                        bDefaultViewportMouseLock=False
                        DefaultViewportMouseLockMode=LockOnCapture

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by boNz View Post
                          Having played some more recently. And I hate when it when I read it else where but that needs to be said after lunpiglades post : against and With the best players in Europe.

                          Sniper and shok prim are definitely not a problem even with the best aimers in the World. But Im surprised nobody mentionned it yet, enforcers and mini are extremely strong. Not so many people use mini because its dirty and theres a small delay before firing. But once you are on the Target its a kill. Only direct flak or roket after using a wall to hide can help you.
                          From our 2v2's the other day?

                          Enforcer is a massive problem at the top end of this game right now. Just like in UT3, it's going to get to the point where it's delivering both the most kills and the most deaths for each player in a match.

                          For me, the enforcer should be a weapon that can be used as a last resort or to defend yourself with for a while whilst searching for a real weapon. I'm not sure how they can make it viable yet not OP when it deals 20 damage per hit.

                          Primary mini is powerful (although sometimes poor at registering hits) but at least it is a pickup weapon. Secondary stinger is kind of ridiculous, you don't even need to really aim it (not to mention with it only dealing 12 damage it's far more efficient just to use primary or again, the enforcer).

                          There are times I feel that Epic are trying to balance player skill, rather than the weapons, to make it more even for all. However, I take heart in the great job they have done with taking link gun primary from an overlooked weapon, to an OP monster, to a place where it is usable without being dominant. So, hopefully enforcer and secondary mini are just something we have to go through until a sensible solution is found.

                          I do, however, think there are advantages to balancing weapons around the high-level players so that it filters downwards. For me, and I could be completely wrong, it doesn't really work the other way around. For example, buffing weapons too much for the lower levels means that at the higher levels it can become inefficient to use certain other weapons. Right now, enforcer is the biggest example of this.
                          Last edited by w)v; 10-25-2016, 04:14 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by brik5hithou5e View Post
                            Well, no luck adding that rule to my input.ini file, though I wasn't sure exactly where to put it. initially I just added it at the bottom, but when that didn't work I changed it to look like this:

                            [/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
                            bEnableMouseSmoothing=True
                            DoubleClickTime=0.300000
                            ActionMappings=(ActionName="SlowerEmote",Key=MouseScrollDown,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
                            ActionMappings=(ActionName="FasterEmote",Key=MouseScrollUp,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
                            DefaultViewportMouseCaptureMode=CapturePermanently_IncludingInitialMouseDown
                            ConsoleKey=None
                            bCaptureMouseOnLaunch=True
                            bDefaultViewportMouseLock=False
                            DefaultViewportMouseLockMode=LockOnCapture


                            [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput]
                            LocalBinds=(KeyName="Z",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SelectTranslocator",FriendlyName=)
                            bCaptureMouseOnLaunch=True
                            bDefaultViewportMouseLock=False
                            DefaultViewportMouseLockMode=LockOnCapture
                            Make sure you're using the right Input.ini (in the WindowsNoEditor folder), also this is mine for reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/frmywkq32s...Input.ini?dl=0
                            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

                            IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

                            Comment


                              The new secondary fire of the minigun is COOL! i like too mutch how it works. Now is USEFULL and powerfull during support. I just don t like at all the graphic effect. It need to be more "mechanical" and less "fantasy" in my opinion.

                              I think that rocket launcher need to be more slow, im NOT talking about the speed of the rocket. Im talking about the recharge speed and the time to charge 3 rockets, maybe in this way will get a good nerf, but still deadly.

                              Shock is perfect, just change the primary sound.

                              flak primary need a nerf too, specially at medium/long range, flak should be deadly only for the short range fight

                              WE NEED A NEW MINIGUN 3d model... the actual is really f....ing awful. This will lure people to use it more


                              Good job epic guys

                              PS the official german frankfurt hubs are LAGGY as hell in the last 2 weeks. I usually had 50-60 ping, now i have always 100+ and is unplayable. On the italian server i get 25-30 ping

                              Comment


                                Havent played the build yet but according ti the comments its pretty good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X