0.1.5 Update posted 10/18/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astech View Post
    Havent played the build yet but according ti the comments its pretty good.
    Feedback of the month, keep it up!
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
      Make sure you're using the right Input.ini (in the WindowsNoEditor folder), also this is mine for reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/frmywkq32s...Input.ini?dl=0
      Yeah, I was using the right one, and I tried every **** thing I could think of, I even tried replacing mine with yours and it still didn't work. But I noticed that ever since the last update, I get a message window when I log in that says "could not load custom content" in the title, and underneath it says something about could not load some custom content packages blah blah, and then it mentions something about the wrong version of UT. and suggests that I download correct packages from where ever I got the ones i have, or something to that effect. I am giving up for now I suppose, I am so frustrated, and I spend too much time playing this **** game anyway. Thanks again for trying to help though, that was very cool of you, and I appreciate it.

I'll just wait for the next update and see if they fix that in the control settings. Fat chance probably, cause nobody else seems to mind, but if I get jonesing to play too bad, maybe I will just drop another hard drive in my box and install fresh, and see if that makes a difference. I will also check back here frequently, to see if anybody has any other ideas, or if anyone also gets that message about the custom content ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
        Where is the Key bind for Translocator? Thanks.
        It should be in the control settings, you may have to reset your control settings as some have reported a bug with it.
        Stacey Conley
        -----------------------------
        Unreal Tournament Community Manager
        Epic Games, Inc.
        Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

My whole installation was just a big mess, so I wiped it all clean and am reinstalling everything fresh. I'm sure that will fix most of my issues, and if I'm lucky it will fix all of them. Thanks guys, and keep up the good work!!

Comment

Epic, can you break the netcode, it's too good

Also can you oddly place the crosshairs because being directly in the center is not a good idea

Please don't make Vulkan or DX12 work.

The FOV and view distances needs to be changed every build.

Thanks

Comment

this build is so bad that shots do not come out of your weapon yeah that bad i literally had to go to weapon hand right instead of hidden to make sense of what is going on on the screen

Comment

Originally posted by quietshyguy View Post
                this build is so bad that shots do not come out of your weapon yeah that bad i literally had to go to weapon hand right instead of hidden to make sense of what is going on on the screen

Yup. This is why people are saying above that shock cores adjust themselves to the center of the cross hair. Because they come out from the right side even when your weapon is hidden.
                NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                My movies on YouTube:
                UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Originally posted by w)v View Post
                  From our 2v2's the other day?

Enforcer is a massive problem at the top end of this game right now. Just like in UT3, it's going to get to the point where it's delivering both the most kills and the most deaths for each player in a match.

For me, the enforcer should be a weapon that can be used as a last resort or to defend yourself with for a while whilst searching for a real weapon. I'm not sure how they can make it viable yet not OP when it deals 20 damage per hit.

Primary mini is powerful (although sometimes poor at registering hits) but at least it is a pickup weapon. Secondary stinger is kind of ridiculous, you don't even need to really aim it (not to mention with it only dealing 12 damage it's far more efficient just to use primary or again, the enforcer).

There are times I feel that Epic are trying to balance player skill, rather than the weapons, to make it more even for all. However, I take heart in the great job they have done with taking link gun primary from an overlooked weapon, to an OP monster, to a place where it is usable without being dominant. So, hopefully enforcer and secondary mini are just something we have to go through until a sensible solution is found.

I do, however, think there are advantages to balancing weapons around the high-level players so that it filters downwards. For me, and I could be completely wrong, it doesn't really work the other way around. For example, buffing weapons too much for the lower levels means that at the higher levels it can become inefficient to use certain other weapons. Right now, enforcer is the biggest example of this.
                  Sadly the Enforcer has been this way for a few builds. I think the fact most competitive people don't play TDM or DM a lot has helped it not surface more. I've long thought the Enforcer is a joke of a starting weapon, way too strong.

In Elimination it's never used though because you're given every weapon and armor. In Duel it can be pretty annoying vs certain players that just abuse the hell out of it but generally it doesn't swing a game - maybe just a kill or two they otherwise shouldn't have gotten.

Comment

I can't help but feel I'm greatly missing the grenades with rocket launcher everytime I use the weapon now. It feels way oversimplified/non-UT (read standard arena FPS) with its direct hit possibility only. I tend to avoid it in favor for flak cannon which is so much more useful/versataile.

I would rather see grenades be the 2ndary fire that can be loaded up to 3 grenades and then perhaps make them triggerable like grenade launcher to increase their usefulness. Burst fire of rockets need to be changed anyway, as it covers way too huge damage area in splash radius with 3 rockets and it really doesn't make primary fire worth using most of the time.
                    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 10-28-2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

About enforcers I believe the main problem, more than damage even, is that it shouldnt be able to do damage from distance. You kill someone with roket, hé spaWns AT the other side from the Map and can hit you easily with enforcers. Or someone you even spawn in the back of someone who killed you in tdm.

RPGWIZARD : you are totally right about tri rox and theres something ultra broken, the sound is way too slow for tri rox. It has been like that for so many builds now

Comment

Around a year ago I made a dedicated thread about enforcer, unfortunatelly nothing changed. (Enforcer is OP in TDM)

This is the solution which I'd like to see:
                        My proposition:
                        14 damage, the same RoF (DPS = 42, 8 vs 5 hits to kill 100hp guy)
                        every shot is accurate
                        more ammo (already implemented)
                        Last edited by rAge.; 10-28-2016, 09:37 AM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

guys please either make projectiles/shots come out strictly from the center of the screen or revert to them coming from the right hand side

current state of things makes me so dizzy i can not play more than 10 mins straight. rockets seem (are?) stupidly slow and disorrienting shock cores feel weird flak ball almost seems to go to the right instead of where it should be going

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                            I've had a bit of a run around, but I'll play a bit more soon and provide feedback.

As I am not one to do YouTube videos my feedback is similar to that of @sickzau83

After a little more play testing I've noticed a few bugs which I'll post separately in more detail: Grenade launcher not switching, first use load delay

As Orange is the ammo colour, is this the colour choice for the weapon? If so, good choice!

Flak is smoother.

Rocket launcher needs to.have another mode to replace grenades. I was thinking toggling fire options; current, spread and maybe triangle?

Grenade launcher is how I envisioned it from the bio launcher. I'll have to do a sketch, some concept art and a model for It.
                            I REALLY REALLY like the "Reduced size of hop before slide", it makes movement feel more smooth.

I was playing Titanfall 2 before playing an instagib round of UT with bots and then posting this. Movement in UT feels a lot more fluid...or maybe I'm just use UT over Titanfall 2 movement.

Secondary shock Rifle sound needs to have the screeching turned down. I get goosebumps like someone is scratching nails down chalkboard.....
                            Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I remember back in the old days, I used to be able to get on top of one tower in facing worlds and use my impact to shoot my xloc across to the other tower. There isn't any way to do that anymore, is there?

It seems like I haven't crashed since this latest update on 10/27 ish, so good job on that one guys. I still am unable to bind my xloc-select, only xloc-toggle, and I don't mean to be a pest, but if I'm asking too much to have that control setting put back in, then can you guys at least assign it to a weapons group?? Was there a reason you needed to take it out in the first place. If it aint broke don't fix it is a good practice...

Comment

I've had a bit of a run around, but I'll play a bit more soon and provide feedback.

As I am not one to do YouTube videos my feedback is similar to that of @sickzau83

After a little more play testing I've noticed a few bugs which I'll post separately in more detail: Grenade launcher not switching, first use load delay

As Orange is the ammo colour, is this the colour choice for the weapon? If so, good choice!

Flak is smoother.

Rocket launcher needs to.have another mode to replace grenades. I was thinking toggling fire options; current, spread and maybe triangle?

Grenade launcher is how I envisioned it from the bio launcher. I'll have to do a sketch, some concept art and a model for It.
                                I REALLY REALLY like the "Reduced size of hop before slide", it makes movement feel more smooth.

I was playing Titanfall 2 before playing an instagib round of UT with bots and then posting this. Movement in UT feels a lot more fluid...or maybe I'm just use UT over Titanfall 2 movement.

Secondary shock Rifle sound needs to have the screeching turned down. I get goosebumps like someone is scratching nails down chalkboard.....
                                So just had a few IG DM matches and the movement is really good and smooth.

I've mentioned previously about the ability to break out or continue a slide. I'd like to reiterate it here. Knowing the duration of a slide increases the predictability.
                                Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
                                X