0.1.5 Update posted 10/18/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yes, Thanks for the answers

But when you say about respawn timers "we would like to leave this as it is and see how people feel about it"

Who are these people exactly ? i think its pretty clear that people on the forums dont like it

Comment

Originally posted by boNz View Post
      Well yes, Thanks for the answers

But when you say about respawn timers "we would like to leave this as it is and see how people feel about it"

Who are these people exactly ? i think its pretty clear that people on the forums dont like it
      those are the same people who like spawn armor current aoe and minimum damage values and say netcode is the best it has ever been

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
        Link Gun Updates - Overheating and Linking
        Link Gun overheat is a solution for being able to hold down the primary for long periods without running out of ammo or doing anything interesting. Now you have to juggle your heat up mechanic while dodging and this has broken up the firing cadence of the weapon. This has reduced spam and made the link gun more interesting to master. This ultimately is a quality of life improvement overall for the weapon. We believe this is heading in the right direction and will continue to iterate on it.
        if you are going to introduce heat mechanic you have to increase damage output significantly (something akin to plasma gun in doom/quake) since it overheats in matter of seconds before any real damage can be done

there will be 0 point in using this weapon once you remove its secondary fire

I'd rather use bio rifle, load up secondary to its max and hope for the best then use a weapon that will overheat in 2sec

Deathcam - New Post-Death Feedback
        We understand the deathcam is causing discomfort for some players. We would like to know how you feel it should work and what is actually causing your issues.

We will continue to iterate on this feature. Our goal is to improve player experience and help teach people about where their deaths are coming from.
        there is a whole thread on what causes discomfort with kill cam - its rapid camera tracking (+ fast zoom) of the player that killed you

btw how is introducing kill cam in arena shooter improving player experience? kill cam is useless in an arena shooter and I would say detrimental to the whole experience
        if you don't know where your death is coming from (as you've put it) then you have to get better at the game or pay more attention (it even states who killed you with which weapon in the upper left corner of the HUD)

kill cams are useful in games like battlefield where you've got big levels with lots of potential campers (so kill cam prevents anyone from camping on a same spot for too long)

Respawn Time Updates
        We would like to leave this as is for a while and see how people feel about it. Before the armor change, the respawn timer was set to 1.5 seconds. After changing the armor, it was bumped to 3, which was too long. We’re now down to 2 seconds.
        god no, nooooooooooooooooooooo

see how people feel about it? they've been *****ing about it on this forum ever since it was released

whats the point of respawn timer in deathmatch games? purely so that the kill cam has some purpose?

you could argue that respawn timer is useful in CTF games where you give a flag carrier some room to escape the enemy base instead of constantly being flooded by defenders

also no mention of netcode and official hubs? both are awful and bring down the whole gameplay due to lag, missed projectiles and wonky movement caused
        this should be your priority because its causing players to leave due to ****ty gameplay

+ colors are messed up with this latest build on ALL maps - they are way too intense (especially on CTF-Titan pass) and make everything ultra bright/glowy
        Last edited by Furma; 11-03-2016, 08:14 AM.
        || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Originally posted by quietshyguy View Post
          those are the same people who like spawn armor current aoe and minimum damage values and say netcode is the best it has ever been
          you tell me 1 positive thing about respawn timer in a deathmatch game
          || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Originally posted by Furma View Post
            you tell me 1 positive thing about respawn timer in a deathmatch game
            i can not tell you one in any game mode, ask those people who epic is listening to, not me...

Comment

Hey guys, Zack and I pulled some questions from this thread and we have some answers for you. We're also going to try to do a stream soon to cover these and what's coming up.

Impact Hammer’s Removal in FFA and Flag Run - More Details

Functionally, the Impact Hammer is unintuitive. We’re playing around with widening our movement options by moving some abilities over to other weapons. (i.e. Grenade jumping) New players found the Impact Hammer confusing and it was frequently mistaken for a ranged weapon. We would love to prototype an updated version down the road, but for the time being it is a roadblock to making our game more approachable for new players.
              See the problem I have here, for 15+ years the impact hammer was intuitive enough to allow UT to become recognized as one of the most iconic and well known arena fps games and now suddenly the gaming population is too dumb to understand it, that doesnt make sense. I get that you are trying to make the game more broadly approachable, however you keep taking out all the fun stuff that the experienced players enjoyed. So what if a new player doesnt understand the mechanics of the IH the first day of playing, its fun learning new aspects to a game. If someone plays UT for a month and still doesnt understand how the IH works, well they are too dumb and you were right, but I really dont see that being a problem for the vast majority of players.

Simple mechanics make a game that is easy to master and boring to play. Complicated mechanics makes a game that is difficult to master but exciting to play.
              Last edited by PayBack; 11-03-2016, 09:41 AM.
              PayBack

Comment

What’s coming?
                We have so many great things coming online soon! We are happy to announce we’ll have some community maps coming to the marketplace (more on that later!), updates to Flag Run, and a new version of the Bio Rifle from Kazeo Hin. Lots more coming so keep watching!
                Ohh, yes!!! I didn't have much time (and still don't) to contribute or even follow forum regularly but UT is my favorite game since my childhood LOL. With the latest hardware I bought, looks just awesome. Only not so many maps are available. So yes, please add more maps with full graphics and more gamers will join. For project would be good to have at least one new map per month instead about one per year as we have now.

Comment

The secondary is now a singly large proxy grenade that sticks and detonates with alt fire. This allows for quick re-fire and airbursting of the lobbed proxy mines. The mines will detonate if shot by enemies or if they walk over it. The player who placed it can also detonate it by shooting it.
                  Yes! Can't wait to try it

Reminds me of a mutator my friends did for UT2004, Kaboom. They created a half rocket launcher / half grenade launcher that had a single instant rocket as primary fire and a sticky grenade as alternate fire. Very similar to the current alt fire except for the proximity thing.

It was a blast to use and also a very tactical/psycological tool, especially in duel. People actually changed route when they saw the grenade. You were always left wondering if the one who placed it was watching that passage or if he actually put the mine there to ambush you on the alternate route. These are exactly the kind of gameplay twists that I always wanted to see on the base game.
                  Last edited by SgtRenny; 11-04-2016, 02:42 PM.
                  uWarfare :: Website :: devART :: Italian UEd Community @ Exiles of UEd

Comment

Originally posted by CuCoSo AfTeR View Post
                    I hope that we will get some new good ctf maps soon
                    yes give us some new ctf maps

Comment

Impact hammer (shield gun) - an iconic weapon of the series - gets randomly cut out of two game modes because nobody bothers to fix it and new players can't dedicate 30 mins of their gold-worthy time to complete basic training tutorials?

OK

About the kill cam - what's wrong with it? First, what is good with it? What is the purpose of a killcam if it zooms and pans into the walls/floor/ceiling/occluding mesh, not to mention giving out direction of retreat like some autohook+wallhack?!

Comment

what focus group, or research has gone into discovering that new players don't understand the impact hammer?
                        who could possibly think it was a ranged weapon?

using that logic, we should can the shock rifle and translocator too
                        no new players know how to use those weapons

Comment

I was in a DM game, had 56 kills out of which 43 were by flak (DM-Underland) - its real easy to go on a shredded spree (especially if you have a 144Hz monitor and have little issue tracking opponents)

yeah, I would say flak is still OP and should be severely nerfed.

Comment

Thanks for the response Flak. It's great to know that the forums are being watched. Looking forward to the stream.

Comment

Deathcam - New Post-Death Feedback
                              We understand the deathcam is causing discomfort for some players. We would like to know how you feel it should work and what is actually causing your issues.

We will continue to iterate on this feature. Our goal is to improve player experience and help teach people about where their deaths are coming from.
                              You could try with a fixed scene first or with a much slower camera follow on the player.

Comment

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
                                Thanks for the response Flak. It's great to know that the forums are being watched. Looking forward to the stream.
                                They might be watched but certainly they are not being taken seriously, otherwise they would notice NOBODY wants a **** delayed spawn and NOBODY wants hammer removed and almost everyone wants flak nerfed, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X