0.1.5 Update posted 10/18/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dopesack View Post

And count me in for hammer coming back in DM. According to Zaccubus' youtube vid it's because it's only used by 1% of the player base. I disagree with that logic. There are many useful(skillcap-esque) mechanics that are underused in quality games. This punishes better players, essentially lowering the skillcap.
    Same here. Just cause 1 percent uses it in DM doesn't mean much, especially if the newcomers need to learn how to use it DM. :P

Also, first impressions of the new Grenade Launcher is not good, can't find a good use other then spam it in CTF to throw attackers off, and all they need is a well aimed rocket to blow you up to kingdom come. Alt fire feels too slow paced for UT IMHO. Bring back the bio launcher and replace the primary fire of the Bio Rifle, has better utility and versatility IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dopesack View Post
      According to Zaccubus' youtube vid it's because it's only used by 1% of the player base. I disagree with that logic. There are many useful(skillcap-esque) mechanics that are underused in quality games. This punishes better players, essentially lowering the skillcap.
      Is this before or after the "Epic fix" where it was improved significantly by making it charge for 5 seconds to jump 2 feet?

Thank you epic, downloading.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Well my first impressions for the Grenade launcher is not good.

The firing arc feels wierd (same as with the bio launcher), it's the same overly bouncy projectile, and the alternate fire mode seems useless because of the low damage and firerate. The primary fire can kill a fresh spawn in 2 hits, the secondary needs 4 and you can't even rely on loading up the 4 shots as if the shots miss their AOE will be too far from the target. The one good thing about it that I found is that you can airburst the secondary shots (like tf2's sticky launcher) but again the damage is way to low for the fire rate.

Comment

Originally posted by SX View Post
          Same here. Just cause 1 percent uses it in DM doesn't mean much, especially if the newcomers need to learn how to use it DM. :P

Also, first impressions of the new Grenade Launcher is not good, can't find a good use other then spam it in CTF to throw attackers off, and all they need is a well aimed rocket to blow you up to kingdom come. Alt fire feels too slow paced for UT IMHO. Bring back the bio launcher and replace the primary fire of the Bio Rifle, has better utility and versatility IMHO.
          Jesus man give it a chance. This is the first iteration of a brand new weapon. It obviously is going to need lots of work to get game ready, instead of complaining and offering nothing of value to the project, why not instead offer useful feedback that the devs can use to improve the weapon.
          PayBack

Comment

1% of kills maybe
            what % of people used it for jumps/protection?

Comment

Originally posted by bacon buster View Post
              1% of kills maybe
              what % of people used it for jumps/protection?
              I actually won games with that ****ing hammer, gah i was keen to come back to play some halloween, and no hammer, seriously whats the point

its my default weapon, guarantees more kills than that ****ing enforcer
              Last edited by SgtStabStabs; 10-18-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Can we remove or make a way to remove the kill cam. Is there a console command I can use to get rid of the kill cam? I cannot play like this uuuuugh. It makes me feel ill, and makes the game very unenjoyable for me.

It makes me feel sick, and now I find I don't even want to play. Which is sad cause this is the only game I play Why would you put a thing like that in a game without a way to disable it is way beyond me. What I mean is the camera focuses on the person who killed me, I don't want that it makes me feel sick. Is there a way to disable it in the INI? someone please say yes

Comment

Originally posted by Bah_Mee View Post
                  Can we remove or make a way to remove the kill cam. Is there a console command I can use to get rid of the kill cam? I cannot play like this uuuuugh. It makes me feel ill, and makes the game very unenjoyable for me.

It makes me feel sick, and now I find I don't even want to play. Which is sad cause this is the only game I play Why would you put a thing like that in a game without a way to disable it is way beyond me. What I mean is the camera focuses on the person who killed me, I don't want that it makes me feel sick. Is there a way to disable it in the INI? someone please say yes
                  For clarity what do you mean by it making you feel sick? Like motion sickness or cant watch yourself die sick?
                  Join the community Facebook page
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I would rather have it focus on my corpse, than to JUMP to the player who killed me, it is very disorientating to jump from my camera to some aweful perspective of the person who killed me. It may seem minor so some people I guess. I just want a way to disable it so I can go back to playing. Isn't there an easy way to disable it? maybe not. I have never had this problem before, but now, the kill cam is really just ruining the game for me. I do feel sick, with all the camera jumping. I never felt like this with any other game, so I have no idea. I tried to play today, but everytime the kill cam came on, I just felt sick. I don't care if ppl kill me a million times, it is just the camera jumping that makes me feel sick, why wouldn't they make it so you could disable it? I don't understand at all....

Comment

Originally posted by G4M1NG N1NJ4 View Post
                      Why did the Enforcer get a redesign?
                      Because it needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
                        Jesus man give it a chance. This is the first iteration of a brand new weapon. It obviously is going to need lots of work to get game ready, instead of complaining and offering nothing of value to the project, why not instead offer useful feedback that the devs can use to improve the weapon.
                        I know, hence the terms "First impressions." Give me some time to sink into the weapon.

I think primary should be impact grenades rather then bounced and timed. and it give it's lingering effects like the bio launcher.

Comment

This game needs Elimination so bad on official hubs or in the core game.

Comment

It's the Activate Pickup / Toggle Translocator, the font is too big or name too long... I had the same issue.

Comment

NEW RELEASE FEEDBACK::::

• CTF RESPAWN TIMER MUST GO! There's a Mutator to delete it on the server side, but it's a VERY bad feature. It should have an option to remove/delete it.
                              • "Death cam focuses on killer" seems like a fun idea but it makes me dizzy when Fragged!!! Total unnecessary IMO. It should be configurable to enable or disable it!
                              • Remove the Warm up Mode for CTF completely or make it configurable to 15 - 30 seconds. Warm up mode is for Match Play, not PUGS!
                              • Link gun primary is now utterly useless as it overheats within seconds of engaging an enemy - TOTALLY AGREE - I just don't understand EPIC's logic here. Was the community asking for that?
                              • CTF ReSpawn timer needs to be removed completely - I hate it so much I typed it twice! It was never there before so why add it now?

-- Game play does feel a bit better
                              -- Weapons a little better too except for the Link IMO.

Are you guys listening to the Community on this development??? I cannot believe the Community is asking for CTF Re-spawn timers, Death Cam's, Weapons that over heat, Warm up mode for PUGs, etc...

Overall an improvement, but PLEASE come out with a fix for the issues I raised above!
                              Last edited by Flak; 10-26-2016, 10:52 AM. Reason: hard to read

Comment

Originally posted by Binger
                                I get motion sickness pretty bad from a lot of things. That's one of the things I like about unreal. It doesn't do that to me as long as I'm playing. I can't spectate players. I like Elimination but I have to look away from the screen when my player is dead. This kill cam whipping around the map definitely causes motion sickness in me. Even though it's very quick and it normally would take longer than that for me to get sick there is something about it that brings it on immediately. Option to disable please or I'm afraid I won't be able to play anymore. I will have to train myself to look away every time I get killed.
                                Phew I wasn't sure if I was going crazy. I have never felt sick playing a game, but the killcam just whips around and in erratic ways. I love this game, but not the killcam. I don't remember a kill cam in any of the UT games, perhaps its just the motion when I die that makes it feel way to chaotic.

Comment

Working...
                                X