No announcement yet.

0.1.5 Update posted 10/18/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DeathCam is making me very DIZZY!!! Please remove it or allow me to disable it!!!!!!!!!! Immediately, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Flak; 10-26-2016, 10:55 AM. Reason: hard to read

Comment

Originally posted by emc.clark.kent View Post
      NEW RELEASE FEEDBACK::::

Originally posted by emc.clark.kent View Post
      • CTF RESPAWN TIMER MUST GO! There's a Mutator to delete it on the server side, but it's a VERY bad feature. It should have an option to remove/delete it.
      • "Death cam focuses on killer" seems like a fun idea but it makes me dizzy when Fragged!!! Total unnecessary IMO. It should be configurable to enable or disable it!
      • Remove the Warm up Mode for CTF completely or make it configurable to 15 - 30 seconds. Warm up mode is for Match Play, not PUGS!
      • Link gun primary is now utterly useless as it overheats within seconds of engaging an enemy - TOTALLY AGREE - I just don't understand EPIC's logic here. Was the community asking for that?
      • CTF ReSpawn timer needs to be removed completely - I hate it so much I typed it twice! It was never there before so why add it now?

-- Game play does feel a bit better
      -- Weapons a little better too except for the Link IMO.

Are you guys listening to the Community on this development??? I cannot believe the Community is asking for CTF Re-spawn timers, Death Cam's, Weapons that over heat, Warm up mode for PUGs, etc...

Overall an improvement, but PLEASE come out with a fix for the issues I raised above!

What are you complaining about? Respawn delay was already enabled in the previous build and has now even be reduced from 3 -> 2s ... calm down!
      Last edited by Flak; 10-26-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

why on earth would you take the grenades from the rocket launcher? This has to be the dumbest thing ever. For the first time in UT history, the ROCKET LAUNCHER does not have a secondary purpose!! Grenade launcher? Just build the dam thing into the rocket launcher. It looks ugly as sin by itself. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

AND MY GAWD MAN, REMOVE THE STUPID DEATH KILL CAM. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

Last edited by Flak; 10-26-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Dear RZE,

I am not new to UT and have been playing this game since 1999. I was a map reviewer for Planet Unreal. I have played on CTF TWL Ladders with my clan, EMC. Please take action on my feedback immediately! These changes CANNOT wait for the next release...

NEW RELEASE FEEDBACK::::

• CTF RESPAWN TIMER MUST GO! There's a Mutator to delete it on the server side, but it's a VERY bad feature. It should have an option to removed/deleted. Very bad feature that the community was not asking for. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
          • "Death cam focuses on killer" after a frag seems like a fun idea but it makes me very dizzy when Fragged! Why spin me around at all? Who asked for that in the Community? It's 100% unnecessary IMO. It should be configurable to enable or disable it!
          • Remove the Warm up Mode for CTF completely or make it configurable to 15 - 30 seconds. Warm up mode is good for Match Play, not PUGS!
          • Link gun primary is now utterly useless as it overheats within seconds of engaging an enemy - TOTALLY AGREE - I just don't understand EPIC's logic here. Was the community asking for that?
          • CTF ReSpawn timer needs to be removed completely - I hate it so much I typed it twice!
          • It was never there before so why add it now?

-- Game play does feel a bit better
          -- Weapons a little better too except for the Link IMO.

Are you guys listening to the Community on this development??? I cannot believe the Community is asking for CTF Re-spawn timers, Death Cam's, Weapons that over heat, Warm up mode for PUGs, etc...

Overall an improvement, but PLEASE come out with a fix for the issues I raised above immediately. I cannot wait for the next patch or I will just stop playing I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by darkmantis View Post
            What happened to the grenades from the rocket?? The shock ball makes my eyes get a little weird because it travels in a spiral now. What's with the redeemer moving so slow when changing weapons? Why is Ut4 moving slower? Shouldn't this game be FAST!!!??
            ever thought about reading the build release notes ??
            you well get lots of answers to you questions out of that ..... some guys are quite astonishing here

Comment

I've had a bit of a run around, but I'll play a bit more soon and provide feedback.

As I am not one to do YouTube videos my feedback is similar to that of [MENTION=16207]sickzau83[/MENTION]

Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Anyone idea what should have changed for DM-Sand? Or did they miss to update this build with the new version of that map?

Comment

An option to turn off the kill cam would be nice, I find it disorienting as well and I'm not normally sensitive to stuff like this. Also, the respawn time is so low that the kill cam is hardly noticeable anyway. And no, don't make the respawn time longer! Shorter if anything would be better. I think we only need a replay at the end of the match, the last cap in CTF or the last kill in DM.

I haven't tried the new grenade launcher yet, but I do miss it on the rocket launcher. Look at quake 2 btw for a good grenade launcher example.

Overall this new build feels much better.
                  Last edited by lg-; 10-19-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Did you guys take out stock in Logitech and Dramamine? The spawn delays are going to make me break my left mouse button and the kill cam is going to break my stomach .

On a serious note, thanks for the hard work on this build. Will be interesting to see how plays once everyone gets readjusted to the changes.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

this build seems to have fixed the freezing issue with sounds which is awesome looking forward to playing again
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Originally posted by Andoulline View Post
                        Well my first impressions for the Grenade launcher is not good.

The firing arc feels wierd (same as with the bio launcher), it's the same overly bouncy projectile, and the alternate fire mode seems useless because of the low damage and firerate. The primary fire can kill a fresh spawn in 2 hits, the secondary needs 4 and you can't even rely on loading up the 4 shots as if the shots miss their AOE will be too far from the target. The one good thing about it that I found is that you can airburst the secondary shots (like tf2's sticky launcher) but again the damage is way to low for the fire rate.
                        And the ammo you get is just ridiculous. 15 spammy grenades would have been more than enough, but no, you get 30....
                        Every new release it feels like the noob-factor get's boosted with this game.

I still laugh (or cry ) about most of the game design. The new armor models still look terrible. Or are these meant as placeholders also?
                        Where is this game going anyway.
                        If they keep on moving with this tempo, with every 2 months a new build with some bug fixes, replaced sounds and some weapon nerfs and bufs, it will take 20 years to get a finished product.
                        Last edited by forward; 10-19-2016, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
                          Because it needed it.
                          I appreciate that extremely "helpful" reply.

Comment

I just wanna appreciate a small, but for me personally important design choice.
                            I really enjoy the new default crosshairs. They are perfect in their size, hitscan-play is fantastic at distance and close range and each crosshair fits the use and style of each weapon totally well.
                            Whoever designed those set the bar pretty **** high for any further improvement.

Comment

I'll post feedback mainly on weapon balance/changes and stuff as that's what I still think is the thing requiring most attention/has the ability to improve gameplay the most at this state:

- New enforcer, feels/looks quite fine, perhaps a bit overcomplicated geometry/look for a pistol, overall I think the new design works better than old though, I also enjoy the new sound. The weapon seems balanced but I still think 2ndary fire should be revamped to something else than burst fire.

- The Grenade Launcher in my opinion, doesn't work well for DM kind of gametypes at all where fragging is in the focus. It's too spammy, too powerful, secondary in particular, you can just load up a few grenades, shoot towards the enemy and get a free kill, doesn't require that much accuracy, just shoot and detonate. It feels cheap. The ability to use grenade jumps IMO I'd rather see being part of Rocket Launcher, you don't need a whole new weapon for this. IMO this weapon would only work for Vehicle gamemodes, there it could be nice to be able to throw some stickies and have their vehicles drive on top of them and potentially flip them over if it's a lighter one like scorpion. But I don't think this weapon might be suitable for other gamemodes.

- I miss the Grenades for Rocket launcher, the weapon feels oversimplified now only being able to do direct hits when Flak has both bouncing shards and the arc with 2ndary. When you put it next to Flak Cannon and its abilities and the that it feels less satisfying to use due to only being able to use it for direct hits makes it feel like Quake and other arena FPS, for me it's the abilities of UT weapons which make them addicting to use. I mean grenades doesn't come handy everywhere but when they do it feels nice to have the option. Let's not castatre on UT's perhaps biggest selling point, the dynamic and deep weapon gameplay.

- Stinger 2ndary I'm not particularly fond of, not the visual effect or the mechanic. First, it feels too close to link gun primary, 2nd, the effect doesn't look that great. 3rd, it's a bit too powerful as it is now, it may be low damage but it doesn't appear so, I can accurately nail down targets rather quickly with it. I think it's too much of an overlap with link gun here. The shard crystals had both a slight push effect and momentum impacting power that could be use for movement tricks. I'm not sold on this mechanic TBH.

- Shock Rifle is quite fine as it is, my biggest issue is the sound, it sounds cheap, too toy-like.

- Flak Cannon, while still somewhat easy to use, I do think primary and 2ndary now is better balanced among each other, before the primary was too powerful in comparison to 2ndary but perhaps both are now slightly too powerful, don't know but the 2ndary fire feels better to use now though than it did before. The sound for this weapon could still use some overhaul both for the primary lasting "screech" sound and the 2ndary "catapult" sound, it doesn't fit the game IMO, again a bit too "toy-like".

- Link Gun my opinion is that the 10% speed increase wasn't necessary, the dmg reduction from 22->20 I'm quite neutral on, it should be roughly 20-22, maybe 21? But I don't like the speed increase, it now feels too spammy, too minigun like, I'd rather have a greater diversion between the feel of the weapon where the link gun is the slightly slower and therefore difficult to land hits with the projectiles in comparison to minigun but when you do land the hits it has the potential to finish off a target faster than Minigun. As it is now, it's too easy to hit targets due the 10% speed increase, the previous speed was just fine I think, was fast enough for longer ranges that you could still hit people but it had still very slight ability to be dodged but now it's very hard to dodge even on long distances as a result on the speed increase. The 2ndary might still need a dmg adjustment as well, it's as if the 2ndary kills pretty much as fast which is much more reliable when the opponent keeps strafing. The 2ndary fire is also too low in volume comparison to other weapon sounds.

- Sniper is pretty fine as it is but I don't think the hitboxes should be dynamic, rather find the ideal static hitbox size.
                              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 10-19-2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

^ I also want to point out that sounds for Shock and Flak still need a rework (flak alt still surprises me every time - it so out of place; and new shock primary feels less snappy which is not good for a hard hitting hitscan IMO). But Sniper feels alright (to me at least).
                                - got sig? -

Comment

Working...
                                X