0.1.5 Update posted 10/18/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
    Flak is fine, its an up-close weapon - that's what its for, maybe could be reduced just a bit but only if the hitscans are fixed. Shock is OP, minimum damage/radius needs reducing. Sniper is OP too and its infuriating. At least we need the helmet back. I don't get why we have instant hit high damage hitscans, that is very broken. No matter how much you dodge, its easy to snipe. They need to require more skill, like have distance based ballistics or something if thats the kind of damage they will deal. It is really bad the way they are now, its just point, click and win -- the enemy has no chance really if you can aim. Battles are more fun IMO.

The game is not bad though, the game is amazing, best one there is, really.
    If you look at the stats that Archer posted you can clearly see people abouse rl/flak way too much. Do you know when people abuse something? When it gives them clear advantage. So why don't people use sniper if it's that strong?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideCookie View Post
      If you look at the stats that Archer posted you can clearly see people abouse rl/flak way too much. Do you know when people abuse something? When it gives them clear advantage. So why don't people use sniper if it's that strong?
      ... And I love how nobody makes a single peep about shock cores automatically aligning themselves onto the crosshair right after firing them.

Comment

funny thing is devs come open this thread in hopes of seeing what we think of new flag run maps xd

guess nobody cares ay?

Comment

If you play skilled players it's all hitscan and the game feels pretty dull at times. If you haven't seen hitscan abuse you haven't been playing much. Rockets/flak is quite dodgeable.
          Last edited by lg-; 10-23-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

If you play skilled players it's all hitscan and the game feels pretty dull at times. If you haven't seen hitscan abuse you haven't been playing much. Rockets/flak is quite dodgeable.
            I've been playing more than plenty myself. When three people disagree with you it might be the case that you're the one with the skewed perspective, or the situation on the US servers is wildly different. Show me stats of these players you speak of, lets see if they have +50% sniper kills on average.
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

what in the world are you talking about, are you not the french guy who plays with that same name in game? literally everyone who responded to you is much more skilled than you are and oh my god you know what hitscan even is? it is shock prim and sniper mosrtly and big damage maker on shock is combo, who's statistics do you want to pull up xaz? mighty? who ever you want, you can check and see how "only hitscan" their game is rofl. i have never seen top players come around here saying hitscan is op not from ctf not from duel, what ut are you even playing dude. if you got sniped couple of times that is not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayrack View Post
                ... And I love how nobody makes a single peep about shock cores automatically aligning themselves onto the crosshair right after firing them.
                +1. It is very ugly and disturbing.
                Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                Discord PUG Community

Comment

Originally posted by quietshyguy View Post
                  what in the world are you talking about, are you not the french guy who plays with that same name in game? literally everyone who responded to you is much more skilled than you are and oh my god you know what hitscan even is? it is shock prim and sniper mosrtly and big damage maker on shock is combo, who's statistics do you want to pull up xaz? mighty? who ever you want, you can check and see how "only hitscan" their game is rofl. i have never seen top players come around here saying hitscan is op not from ctf not from duel, what ut are you even playing dude. if you got sniped couple of times that is not the end of the world.
                  French guy? Who? No.

Are you kidding me? Do I know what hitscan is? I am talking about sniper, so yes, I know what hitscan is. Not really talking about shock secondary in this case, but even that actually is hitscan - just against the secondary ball. Your statistics mean nothing. I didn't get sniped a couple of times. I'm talking about instant one shot sniper kills over and over. And trust me this is out of nowhere, while I am dodging like crazy using transclocator + movement keys + dodge keys + jumping + sliding. Yes, the average player is nowhere near that good with sniper and that is why you may disagree, but someone with well-tuned aim has a really unfair advantage with it. Maybe you haven't played such games, but trust me, it isn't fun as you really can't do anything, the moment you appear you usually get sniped. Again, I know this is not an issue against all players. But my opinion is that no one should be able to have that kind of advantage or the game gets pretty bland.

I don't see any more "skilled" players, hence maybe why you have this issue of not understanding that a high damage un-dodgeable weapon is OP. I speak strictly from a CTF perspective though, so keep that in mind. In DM its less of an issue as its easier to find cover and keep distance. In CTF you have an objective, so you can't just sit around (except for the lame snipers that do and ruin the match). The sniper is too easy to hit and/or does too much damage when used by a skilled player, that is my opinion and my point. I don't care if you disagree. I am not the only one who thinks so, I hear the same thing from other players often enough both in game and on this forum.
                  Last edited by lg-; 10-23-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I cant speak for others but my reason for not making a single peep is because my cores fly to where i shot them too not where my cross hair is.

I have however noticed more double cores coming out due to netcode. The second ball is aligned with the cross hair think that is what you are seeing. However im not sure which ball you can actually combo when that happens, since i know ill probably miss time it due to lag and dont want to waste ammo so i let it go.
                    Last edited by code187; 10-23-2016, 05:38 PM.
                    Join the community Facebook page
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

i knew i was seeing something strange, that jerky movement the shock core makes after firing really messes with me. i think i saw some other projectiles doing it too, but i don't remember which. i really don't like this behavior

Comment

[MENTION=13344]code187[/MENTION] [MENTION=11885]Bad[/MENTION] In single player, I'm scoring shock combos like nothing if I stand still or run straight into firing direction. The problem is (was, lol?) me actually being LAME at hitting them... Now shock core starts at the weapon barrel and 0.5 s later it alingns itself to crosshair vector. That means, if you stop your mouse, stand still or barely move, you can spam combos with 98 detonation accuracy and no need to ajust your aim between primary and secondary firing.

I don't know, is it a bug, a handicap aid for newbies or lower rank players, a singleplayer-only feature but I assume it happens in multiplayer too, and whatever it is, it greatly improves accuracy while camping and works like some reverse soft lock-on to shock core.

Comment

@code187 @Bad In single player, I'm scoring shock combos like nothing if I stand still or run straight into firing direction. The problem is (was, lol?) me actually being LAME at hitting them... Now shock core starts at the weapon barrel and 0.5 s later it alingns itself to crosshair vector. That means, if you stop your mouse, stand still or barely move, you can spam combos with 98 detonation accuracy and no need to ajust your aim between primary and secondary firing.

I don't know, is it a bug, a handicap aid for newbies or lower rank players, a singleplayer-only feature but I assume it happens in multiplayer too, and whatever it is, it greatly improves accuracy while camping and works like some reverse soft lock-on to shock core.
                          Im not quite following, it sounds like you are talking about standing in one spot or running in a straight line, shoot the core and the problem is if you dont move your mouse its on the cross hair? I mean thats how it works.
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

In single player, I'm scoring shock combos like nothing if I stand still or run straight into firing direction. The problem is (was, lol?) me actually being LAME at hitting them... Now shock core starts at the weapon barrel and 0.5 s later it alingns itself to crosshair vector. That means, if you stop your mouse, stand still or barely move, you can spam combos with 98 detonation accuracy and no need to ajust your aim between primary and secondary firing.

Post above directed at [MENTION=11885]Bad[/MENTION]_Joe . Accidentaly spammed some random user named "Bad" with my insights, lol. Is it possible to edit posts on mobile? Can't find this function...

Comment

Originally posted by boNz View Post
                              Lunpinglade please give me a link to a YouTube match of yours so I can see wich UT you are talking abojt
                              yes, I would like to see that, too! Shock and sniper op and not Flak? This is ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                                Im not quite following, it sounds like you are talking about standing in one spot or running in a straight line, shoot the core and the problem is if you dont move your mouse its on the cross hair? I mean thats how it works.
                                [MENTION=13344]code187[/MENTION] During that half of a second shock core ajusts itself to crosshair, what could have been a potentially missed combo in tense situation. I know it's subjective but it greatly improved my combo accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X