0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
    Hope not. Development is slow, indeed but recently they releases build with plenty community based levels... Gmail was beta for years.
    because ut4 is free2pay its will be alpha for years, and players will be free testers not collaborators

Comment

Flak is overpowered and it's exasperated by some of the maps (something like Outside being the exception). It doesn't need to be the 1 shot weapon it is if it's going to be so easy to use. Make it more difficult to aim, like in 2k4, or decrease the damage. The gun has no skill ceiling (floor?). Anyone can do well with it. That being the case, it shouldn't be so powerful or it should be more difficult to hit someone with a primary. A flak damage decrease, a small rocket nerf, and a different mini secondary (I thought the shards were fine) would solve most of the weapon complaints. It also would remove the need to spawn with armor.
      Last edited by pb.; 12-24-2016, 06:16 PM.
      Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Let's not forget homing tri rox

Comment

flak secondary is probably even worse than primary tho

And I wanted a buff for secondary, but not that way, in 2k4 it was just fine

Comment

I think you mean it has no skill floor, but yeah, even in non-ctf game types, it's become the new lancing weapon. Have it out, because if it's the wrong weapon the range will give you time to switch to something else. It's rarely the wrong weapon, though.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by boNz View Post
              flak secondary is probably even worse than primary tho
              I feel like CTF is pretty flak dominated right now in general. They're both pretty powerful. Only the primary allows for those no-self-damage instant returns.

Aenubis. You're probably right about the "floor". In any case, it doesn't really matter how much you practice or how skilled you are with the gun. It turns any fight, regardless of hp, into a near 50/50. It's at best overpowered and at worst boring.

Comment

I don't disagree.
                Originally posted by Mysterial
                An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Flak primary is killing ctf. In duel, even stacked, you can't rush if the opponent has the flak. This is stupid. It is where I'd prefer flak to be switched by rocket in ctf. At least rocket requires prediction.
                  Last edited by Cunni; 12-25-2016, 01:23 PM.
                  Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                  https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                  http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                  Discord PUG Community

Comment

I think there is a clear consensus that the flak primary needs to be nerfed and the tri-rox removed.
                    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

consensus is that all of the weapons should be reset and start from scratch cause the current system is absolute **** (no other way to put it)

do developers of this game play online or just amongst themselves in their offices ? if they just play with each other in office no wonder they think current system is okay with only few tweaks needed here and there

either way I think its too late for this game to become a true successor to ut99 with addictive gameplay and almost no weak points, unless epic games devotes a lot more resources to this game and starts treating it seriously instead of just a side project that plays second fiddle to paragon and who knows what else
                      || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Originally posted by Furma View Post
                        consensus is that all of the weapons should be reset and start from scratch cause the current system is absolute **** (no other way to put it)

do developers of this game play online or just amongst themselves in their offices ? if they just play with each other in office no wonder they think current system is okay with only few tweaks needed here and there

either way I think its too late for this game to become a true successor to ut99 with addictive gameplay and almost no weak points, unless epic games devotes a lot more resources to this game and starts treating it seriously instead of just a side project that plays second fiddle to paragon and who knows what else
                        Have to disagree, most of the weapons are fine - sniper can be OP on some open maps. Flak is a bit OP up close, but come on... thats the point of the Flak. Sure it could be tweaked a bit more and it is constantly being tweaked, but the weapon balance is the best its ever been. Learn to dodge/stay away from tri-rockets, its not that hard. You can hear people loading and/or have time to dodge if you see them coming at you from a distance. If you got tri-rocketed, you screwed up or got cornered.
                        Last edited by lg-; 12-27-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
                          Have to disagree, most of the weapons are fine - sniper can be OP on some open maps. Flak is a bit OP up close, but come on... thats the point of the Flak. Sure it could be tweaked a bit more and it is constantly being tweaked, but the weapon balance is the best its ever been. Learn to dodge/stay away from tri-rockets, its not that hard. You can hear people loading and/or have time to dodge if you see them coming at you from a distance. If you got tri-rocketed, you screwed up or got cornered.
                          Yeah! I agree. So many people just complain but game is not bad at all. And exactly as you said, learn to play Only what I'm really missing is rocket launcher secondary. And, don't like much overheating for lighting gun but can live whit it.

Edit: Just saw another thread about rocket launcher lock. Maybe is too good. I mean, should not keep lock that long. Too helpful.
                          Last edited by zeljko1234 zeljk; 12-27-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

The frustrating part is that it feels very close to "good". I wish they were more transparent with their feelings on weapon balance in general. There's the (possibly) illusion of a community near consensus on most things weapon related, but it doesn't feel like it's being listened to sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by fb.pb View Post
                              The frustrating part is that it feels very close to "good". I wish they were more transparent with their feelings on weapon balance in general. There's the (possibly) illusion of a community near consensus on most things weapon related, but it doesn't feel like it's being listened to sometimes.
                              Game is still under development. Hopefully, Epic will more listen community (it is hard to satisfy everyone) and make additional tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
                                To be fair, you would be correct about tri-rox if you actually COULD hear them. The sound right now is just not very good. Weapon firing sounds from your own weapon drown out so much of the more important sounds that would actually be useful to hear. When I fire a weapon, I can see that I fired it, I don't need to hear it above everything else, it's sloppy and redundant. I can't remember the last time I actually heard enemy footsteps. Might even be that I've never heard them and that's why I can't remember =]. But as far as being aware of tri-rox by hearing them, it's just not realistic right now.

I'd rather be hearing enemy sounds, not my own: Footsteps, dodges, impact grunts (when hit), rocket loading/firing, etc.

Additionally, it is sometimes very difficult to judge their direction because each rocket can come at you from a slightly different direction/plane/angle since each leaves the rocket launcher at slightly different times and location (unless standing of couse), so even if you can judge the first one as it's coming at you, it's near impossible to predict the 2nd and 3rd. This is different from tri-rox in any other UT.

Then consider the fact that you are unloading 300 damage at once, and you are looking at a big problem. All of this combined turns tri-rox into the ideal (read OP) ambush weapon that you rarely hear coming, and cannot react to once the enemy is on you.

From an Elim perspective, it's much more of a problem in my eyes than OP flak.
                                Last edited by NoBrainsNoAims^; 12-27-2016, 06:31 PM.
                                NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                                My movies on YouTube:
                                UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                                , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                                UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Working...
                                X