0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
    Well, UT was always kind of demonstration of the UE. I think that Epic made more money selling engine than UT. Anyway, you're right and it's obvious from the first announcement. That's why they made it free, open source, etc. with a hope that community will make a lot of maps. Community wast strong with UT before, so it is/was logical. So if game fails, it's partly our failure as well.
    A lot of the community isn't here anymore though so if they're relying on us its gonna be done in 2030. I feel like Epic has to put more effort into the project if they want the community to get more hyped (involved).

Comment

Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
      If you can't hit one in four hit scan shots with minimal effort, your problem is hardware, not skill. Once your hardware is up to snuff, it shouldn't take any special practice to be proficient with hit scan.
      ive never seen you play, havent found anything from you on twitch, youtube or whatever. Can you please upload one match of yours ?

Man, you've been writing inanities on that forum for years now. Percentages with hitscan mean nothing, what matters is the amount of damage you can deal vs. the damage you receive, and that's a huge difference.

Using rokets isnt any different anyway, you just click as well, on a map zone rather

Comment

Its easy enough to hit 3 or 4 headshots in a row - its too easy to headshot altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
          A lot of the community isn't here anymore though so if they're relying on us its gonna be done in 2030. I feel like Epic has to put more effort into the project if they want the community to get more hyped (involved).
          Agree. Maybe pre-alpha was bad idea after all. People try, got disappointed and just left. Not surprise if you remember the very first build. Also, I'm not sure how many people nowadays actually want to spend time making content for the game. Unfortunately. Could be said that the new generations are spoiled with so many other games to play. In the same time, veterans don't have much time as they used to have years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by boNz View Post
            Man, you've been writing inanities on that forum for years now.
            I agree, he has a strange view of the world, but maybe that will bring an interesting point sometimes (Not really this time ).
            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
              Its easy enough to hit 3 or 4 headshots in a row - its too easy to headshot altogether.
              LOL.

(10 char)
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I bet there are going to be updates next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Astech View Post
                  I bet there are going to be updates next year.
                  At least should be!

(I was expecting update before end of this year but last update was big so probably not much new things are made in mean time)

Comment

ive never seen you play, havent found anything from you on twitch, youtube or whatever. Can you please upload one match of yours ?
                    I have one youtube clip up from 2k3 CAL TAM, and a stack of demos from 2kx, and UT. Not really sure what you are looking to see.

what matters is the amount of damage you can deal vs. the damage you receive, and that's a huge difference.
                    Are you assessing balance in the current #prealpha by comparing weapons? lol. That's futile and asinine. My current comment string on hit scan is conceptual, not related to a #prealpha WIP which I would never bother to record, or broadcast any play of. I don't even use my handle online, or currently a cross hair for that matter. Current state of this game is a joke, just like the projectile tooling.

The reality people need to face is that making projectiles into the current joke that they are now is to keep them in line with how easy hit scan is inherently. So long as you keep on with this "religion of precision" nonsense that decrees "hit scan to be the only real shooting skill" you're going to be completely lost as to what epic is trying to do, and eliminate any of your balance input from being useful.

To reassert some context here, I advocate everything being harder. Plasma needs to be slower, rockets slower, rockets and chunk to 1pt collision, sniper to fast projectile, replace salvos, all projectile mini, projectile enforcer, etc, etc. Everything is too easy to frag with at the moment, and it makes the game more about positioning than shooting. If I had to render a theory as to why? Epic is basing their "accessibility" changes (which is basically newspeak for "easier to score") on the affinity for what is essentially the easiest set of weapons to learn: Hit scan.

The first sniper rifle changes unique to #prealpha were to make it projectile, and even the most seasoned of vets flooded the forums with QQ.

Sniper is "okay" in it's current state, as are shock beams. They, however, will be ez sauce if/when netcode, frames, and input are ironed out. At which point in time the stats will probably reflect a need for more projectile buffs to keep up. Even from the current state, which is laughable.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone that the projectiles are currently stupid easy, but comparing them to hit scan, when you erroneously think they should garner more reward isn't a good form of argumentation in any logical context. Especially when you see how dominant hit scan currently is at the ranges it's designed for, again, because all the current weapon toolings make this game about positioning, and not actual weapon use skill. Most maps are scaled for CQC, so to a biased eye, said long range weapons will look weak. Judging a monkey on his ability to swim, and all that. Gone are the days of lightning gun lancing, and shock beam dominance at every range. About the only positive thing I have to say about weapons at the moment.
                    Originally posted by Mysterial
                    An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Any word on when a new build or update is coming?

Comment

Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
                        I have one youtube clip up from 2k3 CAL TAM, and a stack of demos from 2kx, and UT. Not really sure what you are looking to see.
                        He probably wants to see you just clicking on the players with hitscan against some skilled players in ut4.

Comment

Projectile prediction and hitscan is both skill.

For some players hitscan is indeed limited to point and click.
                          They position the crosshair, wait for the opponent's move and then time there click. I see this often while spectating and sometimes it will work, but in the long run, you won't hit players with decent movement.

Comment

Originally posted by forward View Post

They position the crosshair, wait for the opponent's move and then time there click.
                            I do this pretty often for a few reasons. In CTF people are generally moving in 1 direction. The mouse input is poor, especially when fps isn't 100% stable at 145. I find it dramatically decreases instances of non-registered shots. I didn't used to do this. I don't do it in Quake and didn't in 2k4.
                            Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

WTF Why was DM Vortex removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                                WTF Why was DM Vortex removed?

WOW getting better at English
                                Join the community Facebook page
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Working...
                                X