Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RZE View Post
    Why shortlinks... why...
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

display setting problem not solved for me with this update.
      sorry, i do not speak english well and i use google translator to read and write.

Comment

My 2 cents on some of the weapons:

Grenade Launcher:
        - I'm not keen on the whole 'right click to detonate' thing. It makes the weapon far too slow to use compared to any of the other guns, exploding grenades in mid-air feels like a cheap shock combo, and having a firing mode that sometimes shoots a nade and sometimes explodes it is kind of unpredictable and unreliable.
        - I think the secondary grenade should explode automatically as soon as another player enters its radius. The explosion could have a small delay and make a beep, so the other player has the chance to dodge the grenade if he does it in the right direction. If you hit secondary again, I think the weapon should always shoot a new grenade, and the previous grenade would be deactivated without exploding.
        - Regarding the primary, I think the bounciness of the grenades should be emphasized to contrast with the stickiness of the secondary fire. Primaries have become a little too heavy in this build perhaps...
        - Secondary could also be a charged grenade instead, so you can charge to increase the firing distance. Not sure if that might make it too similar to the Bio, though...

Link Gun:
        - I have always felt that the LinkGun and Minigun primaries were just too similar to each other, so trying to turn the Link into a burst weapon sounds really good to me. However, I'm not sure that the overheating should be the way to go. A restriction like that makes you worry too much about the overheating instead of the deadliness of the weapon, so it doesn't feel that fun to use... Perhaps it would be worth to turn the Link primary into a non-hold-the-mouse mode, and make it fire a burst of projectiles every click... Not sure about it, though...
        - Regarding the possible name change back to Pulse Rifle... what about vehicles in the future?

Rocket Launcher:
        - While I like the idea of the Grenade Launcher, I miss the rocket grenades too! The weapon is a bit shallow now and I think it would benefit from some kind of 3rd firing mode. Spiral and trident back, perhaps?
        DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
        My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
        My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

The new maps are very nice, but the recoil, the way the screen is shaking at shooting is very distracting. I don't think an oldschool arenashooter needs any of that at all.

Comment

Killed by bad hosting and packet loss. Unplayable, nothing to comment.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarr View Post
              The new maps are very nice, but the recoil, the way the screen is shaking at shooting is very distracting. I don't think an oldschool arenashooter needs any of that at all.
              Go into settings and disable weaponshake

Comment

I think the Link Gun should keep its linking ability but it should work like UT3's but tweaked radius. In fact I find it weird how it went back to UT2k4's link mechanic when UT3's was clearly a superior way of implementing it: you avoid linking teammates when you don't want to, you just have to stay close to the teammate. It's more fun as you don't just run around with that link beam locked on your teammate. It also balanced the mechanic out, having to stay close to the teammate makes them more vulnerable / easier or bigger target and it also promoted teamwork in Warfare/CTF to build nodes/heal vehicles faster.

I would love to hear an argument for removing altogether and why the pre-alpha have had the UT2k4 mechanic until it was removed in response to this argument for UT3's implementation. Bring it on
                Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-11-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

The cross-hair animation behind the lock on makes a lot of sense, but is maybe a bit too large. A similar idea that might work would be to make the cross-hair itself change color when locked on, or a 1/3 of it at a time to match each loaded rocket. Still not a huge fan of tri-rox, as other have said, they're superior to primary fire in every way.

Link changes are cool. Good to see you're playing around.

Stream was great. You guys are clearly reading and considering our feedback. The explanations behind your changes are great to hear as well. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by eBoLa View Post
                    Go into settings and disable weaponshake
                    Where? I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarr View Post
                      Where? I can't find it anywhere.

player settings.
                      sorry, i do not speak english well and i use google translator to read and write.

Comment

are we ever going to have good servers instead of clouds? they are not handling! official servers are next to unplayable any semi decent player will confirm

Comment

Putting the maps
                          - RGB
                          - Dam
                          - Lance

on hold is a bit of a shame.... really hoped they all would get meshes because they are fun to play. And as you try to focus to make UT more newbies friendly, I believes these maps should stay in the game ... for the fun part...

Comment

EPIC GUYS.....PLEASE CHANGE YOUR SERVERS PLEEEEEASE

The game is becomed REALLY NEAR TO UNPLAYABLE, especially after 4pm (italian time). THE SERVERS ARE REALLY LAGGY.. I'm hopeless for this UT at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by systemfehler View Post
                              player settings.

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Great build, liking all the changes and the new maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X