0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fix the chat system please.
    it still minimizes my game when someone sends me message for some reason, lost 2 games today because of that.

Comment

my two cents:

- weapons balance is still so messed up. for example: link gun is pretty useless now (hard to link people) and rockets have still too big impact (killed many times by one single rocket with full health and armor?? seriously?)
      - the belt is still pretty useless too .. having it or not doesn't change so much
      - servers are laggy af. and keep crashing ... and btw: where's the epic ITA server?
      - mouse sensibility is completely fu**ed up. I'm having troubles to set it properly as it used to be before this build
      - weapon switch also seems very slow...
      -

Comment

Originally posted by nea View Post
        my two cents:

- weapons balance is still so messed up. for example: link gun is pretty useless now (hard to link people) and rockets have still too big impact (killed many times by one single rocket with full health and armor?? seriously?)
        - the belt is still pretty useless too .. having it or not doesn't change so much
        - servers are laggy af. and keep crashing ... and btw: where's the epic ITA server?
        - mouse sensibility is completely fu**ed up. I'm having troubles to set it properly as it used to be before this build
        - weapon switch also seems very slow...
        -
        I had to increase mouse sens to get it to a similar level as previously. I'm right now on a value 3.689571, I think previously I was 3.04..... something, just above 3 at least if that's any help. Even changing 0.01 brings a noticeable change in this game so you just have to keep testing different values everytime there's a change in mouse sens due to some new build. Takes a little while to dial in the perfect feel again. This is maybe the 3rd time I've had to adjust sensitivity during these 2 or so years.

- Link Primary I think the increase in rate of fire made it OP, it feels like the most well rounded weapon now that works efficiently on all ranges. It also had a speed boost previously, with these two changes it clearly made it OP even with the cooldown. Personally I'm not quite that convinced cooldown is the way to go, at least if the balance is OP during the time cooldown is not active as you can easily kill some enemies during that time that the balance factor of cooldown is pretty moot point.
        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-13-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunni View Post
          Same experience for me. Fps drops >> mouse floaty >> map unplayable.
          same here, at least on some maps (Unsaved, e.g.) (GTX 970)

Comment

Originally posted by lupinglade View Post
            The respawn delay has been reduced and is mostly ok now.
            no it's not
            whats the point of respawn delay in FFA?
            || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

FPS drops for me. This is on all maps I believe. Seen it on ASDF and Lea.
              The fps-stats show over 100 fps but it feels like it drops to 30 fps all the time. At the moment it is unplayable for me.

Comment

Here are a few more comments:

- Flak shard damage should be reduced by 1. It's still OP and some games you die 60-70% just by flak. (This is especially important when the starting armor is removed)
                - Flak secondary is also getting spammed a lot now and doesn't need to be that accurate. It could do with a slight nerf.
                - Impact hammer has lost it's volume. It needs to be louder to make it more obvious when someone is trying to hit you with it or make a hammer jump.
                - The sound effect for picking up a flag is too loud
                - Put the grenades back on the rocket launcher and remove the tripple rockets alt fire.
                - Remove the grenade launcher and try another weapon. I've tried it out and it doesn't work. It's too unpredictable and is basically bottom of the list in terms of weapon choice
                - New maps do seem decent, although 2 amps on Polaris isn't great. The belts have been nerfed now so it would be better to swap the two around
                - Lose the spawn delay or move it to 1 second to allow players to realise they've died and not just auto-spawn elsewhere. It's still too long and frustrating and where is the benefit of it?
                - Edit: The sound has improved and is better positionally. It's not quite right yet, but moving in the right direction. Tweaks to the shock sound were better.

Finally, there needs to be a shuffle at the end of public team games. Balance has been terrible for some time and the number of players that try to balance the games are vastly out-numbered by those that want to join the winning side and get some free points. It seems to me that most games are... join the side that is going to lose the game or join the winning side and have no challenge.

Shuffling teams makes players more likely to play the next round because there's always a chance it will be turned around next time. Player numbers are already around their lowest I've seen and things like this can help keep people playing longer (and enjoy it more).
                Last edited by Smurgl; 11-14-2016, 11:16 AM.
                Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

i think elo shall be removed or nullified at every build that would help ctf a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
                    Here are a few more comments:
                    - New maps do seem decent, although 2 amps on Polaris isn't great. The belts have been nerfed now so it would be better to swap the two around
                    I originally designed the map with the belts and amps switched. So 2 belts up top and 1 amp in middle. The problem was it made the defense far too stacked, it was nearly impossible to get past the defenders. Even with the belt nerfs, I think its still too much armor. I dont think the AMPs are really a problem, they only last for 30 seconds and often times most teams dont fully utilize them so if you are running the flag and hammer jump up, there is a decent chance for an AMP to give you that extra edge to make it to mid.
                    PayBack

Comment

Sound:
                      • Enemy footstep sounds give away too much location info. Should be consistent volume in all directions.
                      • Amp firing sound doesn’t trigger every time.
                      • Some sounds are lowered/muffled when others are playing.

Weapons:
                      • Rockets: Primary RoF should be faster. It’s not fun to use when the current movement mechanics are so fast. Lower damage to 90-99. Lock-on animation could be smaller.
                      • Flak: Increase primary RoF a tiny bit and lower damage. Secondary should make enemy kick-up more?
                      • Link: Current primary cool down indicator is too big and too close to the crosshair.
                      • Enforcer: Decrease primary spread.
                      • Shock: Combo radius feels really big especially when receiving one. Increase combo pushback.
                      • Grenade Launcher: Detonating secondary grenades mid-air is quite nice. Auto switch to next best weapon when primary ammo finishes instead of waiting for that last secondary to detonate.

Movement:
                      • I like that you can dodge against a ledge to gain some height and keep momentum It makes movement smoother, but sometimes it happens by accident and I go flying.

Mouse:
                      • Add option in menu to disable FOV scaling.
                      • Acceleration options feel completely useless when I gave it a go. Far too high/strong.
                      • Add a feature to make FOV and sensitivity independent.

Game:
                      • Remove spawn delay as I’m constantly bashing the mouse button.
                      • Camera still feels weird like it’s zoomed in too much, either that or all of the maps are too small/cramped. It’s too easy get to the other side of the map in no time and little effort.
                      • Increase maximum X FOV option to ≤130 and replace menu option with vertical FOV input.
                      • Player animation/change of direction still looks a bit erratic.
                      • Add option to pick enemy DM skin colour. (For colour blinded)
                      • Damage dealt indicator is distracting. Needs separate opacity/size setting.
                      • Damage received indicator needs opacity setting in menu.
                      • Add a lower graphics pre-set in menu.
                      • Add a no gore option.
                      • Warm up with all weapons
                      • Get rid of bots online. Allow one bot by default for last player.
                      • Incorrect aspect ratios on different resolutions in full screen mode still an issue.

Network:
                      • Occasional timeouts or weird disconnects but still on the server whilst unable to see or do anything.

Maps: Batrankus is really nice. Salt is okay but a bit dark. Backspace plays very smoothly. Unsaved needs optimising.

Comment

• Enemy footstep sounds give away too much location info. Should be consistent volume in all directions.

and why? you shouldn't know someone is behind you based on their steps alone?

consistent volume in all directions has no purpose - that means you will only navigate around maps by visuals only

everything else I agree with (especially adding a no gore option as gore is useless in competitive matches) and I would add much faster rockets (not RoF but travel time so it matches quake live more)
                        || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Originally posted by Furma View Post

and why?

Because it actually feels like wall hacking the way it is now. I'll just fire rockets around the corner for easy kills/damage. It's too loud and very persistent. I'd rather only have footstep sounds for jumping, landing, dodging, running fast and maybe sudden change of direction. Or just make it very quiet in comparison.

I don't like the idea that footstep sound behind you should mysteriously be louder as I prefer to use volume to judge distance.

Also, lack of silent walking option.

Comment

Originally posted by l1nk- View Post
                            Because it actually feels like wall hacking the way it is now. I'll just fire rockets around the corner for easy kills/damage. It's too loud and very persistent. I'd rather only have footstep sounds for jumping, landing, dodging, running fast and maybe sudden change of direction. Or just make it very quiet in comparison.
                            maybe it should be lowered in volume, but I disagree footsteps should be removed all together - they were present since the first UT

again, using only visuals for enemy orientation is not okay - we need sound as well otherwise I can just play without headphones/with sound muted if I can't figure out where enemies are by their sound

Originally posted by l1nk- View Post
                            Also, lack of silent walking option.
                            this is only needed for your own footsteps (so you don't hear yourself walking)
                            Last edited by Furma; 11-14-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furma View Post
                              but I disagree footsteps should be removed all together - they were present since the first UT
                              I've never agreed that they be removed entirely in the first place. You should read my post carefully.

Comment

There are still networking issues when players leave and join.

Comment

Working...
                                X