0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] 0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

We've made a new pre-alpha playable build available. See the instructions on how to get this build.

UPDATE 11/10/2016: We have an update coming 11/11 that will fix the issue that is preventing users from launching the client.
    If you are unable to launch the latest update of Unreal Tournament please ensure that you have the 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015'. You can find it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...etails.aspx…
    We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible

UPDATE 11/11/2016: We have resolved the issue with clients requiring the 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015'. Please visit the Epic Games Launcher to get the update.

See you guys online!
    Last edited by RZE; 11-11-2016, 03:00 PM.

woohoo! tenchars

Comment

there we go clean install hope i can play this game again, been a while......

Comment

epic launcher is not reporting any available UT updates (there was only launcher update, but after restart still not UT updates)

edit
        updating now
        Last edited by Furma; 11-10-2016, 01:20 PM.
        || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

you said you fixed it but on hidden weapons projectiles still come out of right and then go to center god **** it :/ how hard that can be to fix looks extremely disorrienting on shock cores and rockets

Comment

Does this build fix the "spawning facing walls" problem in duel? I don't see it in the version notes.

Does this build fix the issue in duel where when you enter warmup, once the game starts you don't have the option to choose your spawn?

Comment

I have just finished the update, but I cannot run the game. I click the "Launch" button, and than it says "Busy" ... and then after a few seconds it comes back to the "Launch" button again.

Comment

Originally posted by PeRasa Mario View Post
                I have just finished the update, but I cannot run the game. I click the "Launch" button, and than it says "Busy" ... and then after a few seconds it comes back to the "Launch" button again.
                Same here.

Comment

Hitscan traces from other weapons are no longer blocked by shock balls.
                  Heck yes.

Any chance we can get old stinger secondary back? The new one barely requires aim to use effectively, is extremely annoying to come under fire from, and doesn't feel very impactful or satisfying. The old alt was more satisfying to use, and had some cool niche uses thanks to its knockback and shard jumping.

I'm also glad about the improved bot A.I., but I'd love to see a reduction in their prowess with link. At longer ranges, they just spam the bejeezus out of the primary, you'd think their links didn't overheat. At closer ranges, they have an annoying tendency to link pull, even on lower skill levels and in absurd scenarios (I've had instances where they did a 180 and instantly link pulled me, even as the link beam got obscured by a wall or something.)

Their use of the grenade launcher is also pretty annoying at times. In the last build, they'd spend all of their time charging sticky mines; if you killed them while they were charging, they would invariably let loose with all the sticky mines in a wide fan in front of them the instant they died. Not only did this cause some aggravating unavoidable damage, but I don't even think the ability to discharge all pre-loaded grenades on death is available to regular players (nor should it be).

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarr View Post
                    Same here.
                    Same here, game won't launch anymore.

Ok fixed!
                    Download and install this and try again:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145
                    Last edited by forward; 11-10-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Ok, it is impossible to switch full-screen resolution to 2560x1440. It always switch to 2000x1000. Additional info: My display has a native resolution of 5120x2880, due to this 15 mpixel monsters I switched to 2560x1440 and could play with this setting very good until the last two UT updates.
                      This was never a problem even with the very first alpha release of UT 4, but the developers have sucked again
                      Will try to uninstall and reinstall the whole UT version.

Comment

Originally posted by PeRasa Mario View Post
                        Install the VC2015 Redist. If this does not help, a hotfix is supposed to be released tomorrow that should fix this problem for everyone.
                        [MENTION=191175]Snyp[/MENTION], try setting the resolution via console using "setres" command: "setres 2560x1440"
                        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                          Does this build fix the "spawning facing walls" problem in duel? I don't see it in the version notes.
                          This should be fixed in the new build. Let us know if you see it again.
                          https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-6086

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                          Does this build fix the issue in duel where when you enter warmup, once the game starts you don't have the option to choose your spawn?
                          Thank you for bringing this duel issue to our attention. You can track the bug on JIRA: https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-6498

Comment

Well I've tested out the updated grenade launcher. It's a lot better now, although instead of the secondary being useless it's now the secondary is superior in almost ever aspect to the primary.

With the secondary you can aim for their feet and detonate it once it landed. With the secondary you can still air-burst (don't remove that). Basically the secondary can be used as a slightly weaker rocket that can be detonated mid flight. While the primary is still just spam and hope that the randomly bouncing grenades hit something.
                            Although the reason why I'm liking the secondary could be because I was maining demoman in TF2.

All in all I might start using it over the enforcer now.

The new models for the armors are certainly distinctive from eachother, but I don't really like the style. I'd still prefer the thigh pads/chestpiece/helmet combo. At the very least make the shield belt absorb 150 damage total instead of absorb 50 and mitigate 100. Currently if you're fighting over it and barely win it it's not really useful. Personally I feel like the 100 bonus health pickup is a lot more desirable because of the abundance of the other armor pickups and the lack of benefit for aquiring the shield belt over those.
                            Last edited by Andoulline; 11-10-2016, 04:47 PM. Reason: May have forgot the 2nd part of the post...

Comment

@_Lynx

@
                              Snyp, try setting the resolution via console using "setres" command: "setres 2560x1440"

Thank you very much for your hint. It worked for me and you have saved my day

Comment

Working...
                              X