0.1.7.1 Update posted 1/26/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by master94ga View Post
    Flak got a nerf today that should be released in the next patch: "Flak damage adjustments: shard 14->13, shell direct hit 109->103."
    Now it does the exact same damage of ut2k4
    Woohoo! This takes the max possible damage down to 117, which prevents 1 shotting a newly spawned individual.

The other aspect is the initial hit collision size. I think a direct hit at point blank range should be a 100-120 damage shot, but the large collision of the shards when they are fired initially (the collision size shrinks) makes it so that 7 or 8 of the shards will hit if you get "good" accuracy. Lowering this size will go a good way to reducing the OP nature of the weapon, whilst still keeping it powerful for a well aimed shot.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

• So happy to hear of flack nerf. I know new players like it for easy kills but as a flag runner in traditional ctf it became almost impossible to survive 5 players all using flack chasing you. Can't wait for next patch.

Comment

• don't see it as much of a nerf tbh
        what gametypes have 25A on spawn? only FR yeah?
        so it still gibs a fresh spawn, and it's still too generous with it's collision size and spread

Comment

• trying to think of other ways to make flag running more balanced. obviously good support is the key, but even then with several defence all using flack it gets spammy. now i realise i need to adapt and use weapons that help facilitate my survival and using flack back (fight fire with fire) can work but its just the numbers of people choosing to use it due to its current effectiveness. maybe there is a way to slow rate of fire or minimize primary damage or even the number of players that can possess it at once. (i understand the latter opens up a whole new can of problems) just throwing around ideas. btw love the game and am so happy to see it being worked on again. as far as i'm concerned its the premier fps arena style game out there. still love the shock (especially the combo) and the tl is such a great addition to fps games even since 99. makes it so fast and adds such a unique aspect to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bacon buster View Post
            don't see it as much of a nerf tbh
            what gametypes have 25A on spawn? only FR yeah?
            so it still gibs a fresh spawn, and it's still too generous with it's collision size and spread
            All game types have 25 armor on spawn. So 1 shot wont kill a fresh spawn.
            PayBack
            Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
            Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
            UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
            UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

• Originally posted by PayBack View Post
              All game types have 25 armor on spawn. So 1 shot wont kill a fresh spawn.
              Deathmatch does not, from what I last played (week or two ago).
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

• correct
                and with no hammer, you can't even attempt to deflect the shot

Comment

• I get some real problems even when I have a constant fps of 119-120 (gtx 970 newest driver): It feels slightly lagged or a little soapy, I have a normal ping, I get weird movements like dodges even if i do not dodge. Any ideas?

Comment

• Flak needs even more nerfs keep em coming, rockets too. I seen a noob running in straight lines get 40 kills on Deck because its the only weapon he would use.

Comment

• VRAM full? ;D

Comment

• Originally posted by plutoniumsulfat View Post
                        VRAM full? ;D
                        Don't believe it. Is that seriously possible. I thought 3.5 GB should be enough. If this is a serious suggestion, how can i check that?

Comment

• Its a f lol. Worst and worst every updates. Standart devs plan: worsening performance, add some needless GUI changes and, of cause, changing linkgun sounds. Most important to change linkgun sounds! LOL
                          Im playing many months with GTX770 on max graphs. Now my videocard is nothing, like a laptop performance. Let' s keep it that way
                          Last edited by Undland; 02-22-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Since update I'm having issues with sound stopping working. It goes out in middle of match and I have to restart client to get sounds back.

Comment

Working...
                            X