No announcement yet.

0.1.7.1 Update posted 1/26/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Flagrun but I cannot play online more than one round before crashing
    DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Problem: if you have an Oculus Rift connected to your updated Windows 10 PC when you start UT, it starts up the HMD (even though not on your head) and starts Oculus Home. Then, sounds from the game go to your headset instead of your normal sound device. I had to disconnect my Rift to get around the problem. Also, note that I didn't have this problem with previous version.

UPDATE: on the same PC, I also have the Steam/HTC HMD software installed (but, the HMD not connected). After I removed the Rift, UT starts my Steam VR (beta) (which just complains there is no HMD present). I also have Unreal Engine installed on this machine, and I have noticed the same thing happens when I start UE (even if I have no VR blueprint running). This started with UE 4.13.
      Last edited by FSTIV; 01-23-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Has the setup for Linux build changed? trying to run it same as last build gives me:
        "The game module 'UnrealTournament' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up"

Comment

Option to not update

It would be nice if the Epic Launcher did not REQUIRE you to update to the latest UT release. I would have preferred to wait until maps were re-baked to the latest release before playing the new version so I can keep playing maps I like.

Comment

Downloading for the second time as 1st one failed due to only having 17GB free space on my ssd, no big deal just seems like it needs too much space for a 5gb file to download.
            Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

New build? Bad! Reduced performance. Unplayable for me(

Comment

Installed fine after i made room on ssd to 30GB. I played it for about an hour so far.

Pinging hubs off the bat where their usually 30-50 ping were 500-1000. This is pretty common but once you join it usually corrects itself. This time it didnt so i just tested out off line.

Apart from the usual problem where shock rifle empties after 3 combos...yeah, one day fingers crossed.

I found that the new sounds like link one's only sometimes play and revert to the old ones (now i didnt delete files in my documents folder maybe thats got something to do with it) i didnt mind em, a bit loud. (like when a commercial comes on tv)

Mini secondary hits way too easy like it has a bigger hit box then rockets.

Was testing the bio rifle and after each charge soon as i shot it , it changed to another weapon automatically. (I didnt change my settings for it to do that)

Link pull on secondary release is "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING"(as with most of your decisions) So i attack someone with secondary they change to lets say FLAK now the moment i release they will be in my face with the best point blank weapon. Self explanatory. i should have control when the pull activates if i chose to switch from secondary to primary.

So i was playing off line deathmatch and there was no map vote after each map, just cycled through.

Id like the shoot under lifts feature to come back, miss it. Forces players to jump to avoid damage, easily avoidable but fun to land a frag. One of those things that was fun to do but removed.

Playing on deck and im sure im not the only one to see this problem, the angle of most of the walls prevents you to do wall runs. IMO this is a new manover in UT4 deck's walls should be angled the opposite way to utilise this.
                Last edited by code187; 01-23-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

How do i create a custom match with the lightning rifle?

I cant seem to find the create custom match section nor the add mutators section when creating a match.

Comment

I have been playing Flag run all night and i have to say, awesome and fun! Good job guys..

Grenade launcher - please combine with the rocket launcher.. or atleast add additional feature to the rocket launcher..

Lightning gun is great, but it's totally nerfed that it's power is limited to 1 zoom mode. How about making it part of the game - as a regular gun - and make it like the sniper rifle? Zoomed in 100% makes it useless. How would you like a sniper gun the same way? Stupid, I know. Fix it. Btw, lightning should look like a bolt of lightning , not a weird pulse rail gun. Why not borrow from 2004 LG?? that was a bad **** gun..

Other than that, great build. looks like you guys are going in the right direction.

Comment

Awfull update. Played 10 mins and thinking about uninstall for good. From the preview video it looks like copy of Overwatch, just terrible. Then I saw the new sounds and I was thinking am I playing game for 5 years old? Are the devs got insane or are they trying to steal few players from cartoon games?

This game have nothing common with UT world, right now at US time 50 ppl online, what a joke.

Seriously devs stop making game worse and start to work on proper UT, aka Unreal and Unreal tournament 99 theme. Flak barrels and Link sounds are just so bad. It breaks any immersion real UT fan could have.

I really hate the route this game is going, into cartoon joke game. All versions of UT4 so far was not succesfull, the player base is not interested in this game and was allways low like barelly 100-150 players online. With updates like this and childish style you won't get more ppl, kids doesn't care about UT, it's nothing cool or hyped to spark interest for them.

It's too hard to learn the maps with all the lift jumps, wall dodges and slides for new players so get rid of them all. Veteran players allready can run all maps with eyes closed if you add all the jumping then new players are getting roflstomped even more and they will never catch up.

I am really dissapointed with devs and how they rape Unreal tournament legacy.

Comment

seems like map vote is broken for online play too

Comment

Good work... minor changes but 30% loss of performance. What a joke
                          What is a point of optimizing sounds or having new shining gun if game lose performance? If latest generation CPU and GPU can not run UT at steady 120 FPS @ 1080 resolution (on absolutely minimum settings), you have a serious problem.
                          As a rule, every new build should increase performance... if not, you will end up with final version of UT running at 1-2 FPS on quantum PC only.
                          You obviously don't understand how software development works....
                          Last edited by FishThrower; 01-24-2017, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropheus View Post
                            Awfull update. Played 10 mins and thinking about uninstall for good. From the preview video it looks like copy of Overwatch, just terrible. Then I saw the new sounds and I was thinking am I playing game for 5 years old? Are the devs got insane or are they trying to steal few players from cartoon games?

This game have nothing common with UT world, right now at US time 50 ppl online, what a joke.

Seriously devs stop making game worse and start to work on proper UT, aka Unreal and Unreal tournament 99 theme. Flak barrels and Link sounds are just so bad. It breaks any immersion real UT fan could have.

I really hate the route this game is going, into cartoon joke game. All versions of UT4 so far was not succesfull, the player base is not interested in this game and was allways low like barelly 100-150 players online. With updates like this and childish style you won't get more ppl, kids doesn't care about UT, it's nothing cool or hyped to spark interest for them.

It's too hard to learn the maps with all the lift jumps, wall dodges and slides for new players so get rid of them all. Veteran players allready can run all maps with eyes closed if you add all the jumping then new players are getting roflstomped even more and they will never catch up.

I am really dissapointed with devs and how they rape Unreal tournament legacy.

I bet you were outraged how bad the previous build was to....... and the one before that..... and the build before that one, and the one before...

You see where I'm going with this?
                            Last edited by FishThrower; 01-24-2017, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FishThrower View Post
                              You obviously don't understand how software development works....
                              Originally posted by FishThrower View Post
                              I bet you were outraged how bad the previous build was to....... and the one before that..... and the build before that one, and the one before...

You see where I'm going with this?

Might be a idea to tag or quote who your talking too.

Comment

Lightning Rifle - i kinda expected a cool Sniper reskin, like the LG from 2k4 so i was a bit disappointed, but the new functionality is interesting so it really feels like a new weapon that fits the game. Not sure i like the zoom charge though. The design is ok but the scope hides too much of the weapons body shape in first person. I am pretty sure, that the weapon will look a lot better ( from POV ) with smaller scope or no scope.

BTW speaking about new weapons, how about you convert the bio to acid flamethrower ? The game lacks flamethrower type weapon so ...

Flag Run - seems cool. Not sure i will stick with it but i will give it a chance.

But again - the spam feels a bit too much. The flak and rockets are really annoying to go against. That rocket instakill is just too annoying. You really should reduce the rockets hitbox size and damage. And to compensate increase the speed of the rockets. Would be better for larger maps.
                                Again the same problems with the weapons:
                                -link overheat still sucks. If you really want to limit primary so much just make it burst fire.
                                -shock combo size is too big ( a lot of area denial ) and ammo is not nearly enough. Combos are fun, limiting them for the sake of balance is bad way to fix things imo.
                                -rockets and flak feel like close proximity instagib weapons that do not require that much aiming ... it is way too easy to instakill people with them.
                                -the minigun alt still sucks. How about a finisher functionality - a fast projectile that does a lot of damage ( spike maybe ? ), but to activate it you have to shoot primary for ... some time. Like a charger that is charged while shooting. The longer you hold primary the stronger the alt will be.

Dodging still feels unreliable.
                                Weapons switch speeds are still too slow ... but i guess that feedback is pointless to give ...
                                Last edited by SnowballWr; 01-24-2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X