No announcement yet.

0.1.7.1 Update posted 1/26/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fps drops/stuttering in this build using latest nVidia drivers, etc. Last build ran smooth as butter for me.

Comment

That reminds me, the new background image is good on the menu (PC only it seems). New character on the way?
      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
        That reminds me, the new background image is good on the menu (PC only it seems). New character on the way?

Yes, who is it?
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
          Yes, who is it?
          {My reply was below, but I get this bug every time I post - space bar does not work. I'm leaving it in in the hope that someone finally fixes it! I have to do a new line, then go up a line before typing using Chrome (latest version)}

Dunno.He'sabeardedfellowandnotsurewhothatwouldbe.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by hekoone View Post
            About the performance, for me is perfect with an i3 6300+GeForce 1050 Ti (Using High preset, no AA).
            A little discovery: you can already try the DX12 renderer, see additional command line arguments field (add -DX12)

Yes, it's working if you don't mind an error exiting UT
            Have you done a comparison in FPS difference between the two?

I'll give it a go later and report back.
            Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoBits View Post
              Also none of the UI is clickable when the game is in fullscreen mode. I have to change it to windowed from Fullscreen.
              I had the same problem. I'm running with two displays though, so my fix is to click on the background of OS X on my second display, then click back on my primary display with UT. For some reason switching focus from UT, to OS X finder, then back to UT, fixes the problem. If you're only on one display, maybe it works to alt-tab there and back.

Comment

Keep up the good work Epic, you are still trying.

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                  Have you done a comparison in FPS difference between the two?

I'll give it a go later and report back.
                  DX12 renderer seems capped to 60 Hz (or refresh rate).
                  So no comparison is possible.

Comment

My monitor is 144Hz, and DX12 works fine with it. Might want to check your video settings on desktop.

Comment

What happened to the FPS? Before this update, the FPS was stable. Now, regardless of the screen resolution, and the degree of elaboration of maps, FPS varies from 20 to 120. And it is at all times the minimum settings. I can't play with it.

Comment

Hi, just FYI guys I am skipping this build unwillingly as long as CTF and FR are considered because of massive crashing (CTF after up to 30 seconds, FR latest at the end of round).

• Flagrun is fun (as I found out few builds ago with bots when nobody wanted to play it).

Comment

Dx12 forces UT into borderless fullscreen, so it's using the windows vsync and capped to your monitor hz. It's the smoothest experience for ut, but there must be a lot of input lag.
                          Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
                          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                            Hi, just FYI guys I am skipping this build unwillingly as long as CTF and FR are considered because of massive crashing (CTF after up to 30 seconds, FR latest at the end of round).
                            There are occasional issues for me at the end/beginning match screens as well as very occasional gameplay crashes. The 1060 simultaneously changes frequency, spikes to 100% and crashes. This build is much less stable than the previous in this regard.
                            Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
                            www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Dark View Post
                              Dx12 forces UT into borderless fullscreen, so it's using the windows vsync and capped to your monitor hz. It's the smoothest experience for ut, but there must be a lot of input lag.
                              Not if you are using GSync/FreeSync monitor which you should be for UT as it helps tremendously.

Comment

Tried dx12 as in the picture above, played half a minute, the input lagg is unbereable.

Comment

Working...
                                X