0.1.7.1 Update posted 1/26/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Dark View Post
    Dx12 forces UT into borderless fullscreen, so it's using the windows vsync and capped to your monitor hz. It's the smoothest experience for ut, but there must be a lot of input lag.
    Just try in windowed mode (no fullscreen)!
    No Vsync (obviously) and no FPS cap (0).
    No bots.
    Same spot, sniper rifle balcony in Outpost (looking at the compound, shield belt position):

D3D11 -> 100 FPS
    D3D12 -> 83 FPS

D3D11 -> 50% CPU usage
    D3D12 -> 25% CPU usage

1050 Ti + i3 6300.

Comment

After last update from 23.01.2017- launcher is stuck into "UT update loop":
      Unreal Tournament is updated, it works, and after quit from game & launcher and re-run launcher it begin to update game again... it already "updated" it several times, and every time it download 8.4 GB data again...
      How to fix this issue?

Comment

Thanks for the update! Looks like we have partial/patch updates now? Cool!

Comment

Patch the Bio Rifle into the next build

Comment

Great build, Epic - really liking the way this is going. Fast, frantic, feels like UT to me! I love the damage radius effects, and the damage dealt numbers. Makes it crystal clear if you hit or not, and gives a good indication of exactly what each weapon is capable of. Might stop the moaning about flak, because its clear to me it doesn't do anywhere near as much damage at range that the majority of people on here would have you believe!

Love the new rocket sound, especially when it soars past you. Hear the fear!

Having said that, unsure about the link gun sounds. Primary I'm probably just getting used to, but the secondary is teetering on annoying (right up there with the impact hammering clacking away).

Tried flag run for a bit (but I'm generally just a TDM kind of guy). Seemed pretty decent though, and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy it.

Lightning gun? Well, I was a wee bit disappointed it doesn't have the UT2004 functionality, but I guess you have to try something different. Primary was ok (effects aside - not keen on the two trails as to me it just doesn't look like where you have aimed), but I didn't like the secondary. Waiting for a charge never feels right, always better to hold a button. Maybe if zoomed in, then holding down the primary button charges and releasing fires the shot?

Anyways, nice stuff indeed. Cheers!

Comment

1) remove damage numbers from instagib matches since its unnecessary (+ add damage number toggle so you can turn it off from the menu)

2) make character movement speed slightly faster - atm its kinda slow and traversing whole maps is a pain, especially in flag run + it would make firefights more interesting and dynamic

3) degraded performance is present only on textured maps (all of them) while shell maps run as they did in previous builds

4) please do something about mouse input since it feels laggy - we need raw mouse input option that wont kill the framerate (skip GPU buffering..)

5) get "Find matches" option back on the main screen - matchmaking should not be the only thing present on main screen

6) add the option of resizing weapon models cause in their current form they are too big and distracting (especially shock rifle firing and slipping out of hand animation which puts me off for some reason) - basically I am forced to play with hidden weapon models

7) leveling is too hard once you hit higher levels (30+) - you get like 20-200XP (mostly <50) per match so it takes hundreds of matches just to move from lvl31 to lvl32

8) you say you will focus on weapon balance and adding additional content (like textured maps) later on when you figure out the basics first - if that is so, why waste time on improving tutorials? shouldnt tutorial development be the last thing you do before release? this is pre alpha, mostly UT veterans play this game at this point and its not like this is some new game which no one knows - you had 4 iterations of this game on PC so far, I think pretty much everyone knows what UT is about

9) netcode is so bad at this point, that you don't have to aim at enemies to hit them - makes instagib especially frustrating since you die or kill and don't have a clue how that happened.. I especially like when I play with ping 30~ and hear/see me hitting an opponent before him, but I die while he lives.
              || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

I am still experiencing Micro Stuttering and it looks like it got worse.. ALMOST UNPLAYABLE !!!

Comment

God i hate granade launcher, it's dumb, not usefull, not fun, and not UNREAL ffs.... :/ remove it or make it unreal like ripper (where's that weapon?)

With this patch i see that this UT is not community maded, it's like every game (we will let you have impact on some bs and we will implement some baaaad things). Be prepared to fail this way another UT

Comment

Originally posted by mar-v-son View Post
                    God i hate granade launcher, it's dumb, not usefull, not fun, and not UNREAL ffs.... :/ remove it or make it unreal like ripper (where's that weapon?)

With this patch i see that this UT is not community maded, it's like every game (we will let you have impact on some bs and we will implement some baaaad things). Be prepared to fail this way another UT
                    This... We already have our own grenade launcher... you know... it's called THE FLAK CANNON!

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post
                      This... We already have our own grenade launcher... you know... it's called THE FLAK CANNON!
                      And it has no remote control for the "rocket"
                      And man, I remember SO CLEARLY the Harobed Church when every Unreal veteran found the flak for the first time in his human life as player

Comment

After having played the new build a few hours and general thoughts:

1. Flak still need nerf. Don't know why shred speed was INcreased...
                        2. Have had always the feeling that sth is wrong with the Sniper. Shock works fine and responsive, with the sniper I have the feeling that there is some delay between my click and the actual shot.
                        3. I have some minor performance issues with this build, at least more than before. I have a gtx 970. Or it is just the hubs or whatever
                        4. Not sure about lightening gun. I would prefer the version from 2k4. New design is awesome.
                        5. I do not like the grenade launcher. Why is it still there?
                        6. Ranking system still broken. But of minor importance.
                        7. After playing UT4 almost 1.5 years, I still have the feeling that projectiles are op in comparison to shock and sniper (see 2.), but maybe it is only the fact that i use a higher fov now
                        8. I do not like the new sounds, especially rockets and pulse. Was better before.

Comment

Chill was my favorite map before bio was removed. Sand was my favorite map before shadows was added. One week ago unreal was very fast hot game with high fps. Now it is not. That is the reason why i dont play ut3 after ut2004. You ruined everything.

Comment

I often test play offline with bots. The November 2016 update was working quite well, and the weapons and balance made for a very playable December/January. However, with the new January 2017 update I'm finding the bots are much less challenging. For example, I played Adept level and would win about 75% of the games I played. Now, I'm winning 100% and usually with a margin of 2:1 or higher. So, I moved up to Masterful, and again I'm winning too much. Something is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by FSTIV View Post
                              I often test play offline with bots. The November 2016 update was working quite well, and the weapons and balance made for a very playable December/January. However, with the new January 2017 update I'm finding the bots are much less challenging. For example, I played Adept level and would win about 75% of the games I played. Now, I'm winning 100% and usually with a margin of 2:1 or higher. So, I moved up to Masterful, and again I'm winning too much. Something is not right.

I personally think its gotten better, i dont necessary mean bots. In ut99 in a 10-15 min map with 6 players or so id get 100+ frags in DM. This is the first build where this is possible. On average im getting 10-20 more frags then in previous builds and its starting to feel right.
                              I cant put my finger on what has actually changed its not like the weapons are more powerful, may be the movement still trying to work that one out.
                              Join the community Facebook page
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

ragdoll bugs so much on almost every game i play, like i fly through the floors or ceilings or when i die corpse moves unnaturally.
                                Flak is worse, not sure who's idea was to make it better for longer distance i mean isnt the point of that stupid flak to actually be a close range weapon.
                                Still i see no point in nade launcher, it just brings mess and spam but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X