0.1.8 Update posted 2/22/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tack View Post
    OK so the whole eight minute thing in warm up has to go like now. It's already killing the formation of games. Seriously, like this week.
    It is absolutely bizarre. I hope it's a bug because the logic escapes me. I've tried everything on the server side with the botfill command - no joy.

EPIC WE WILL NEED A HOTFIX FOR MATCH STARTUP ASAP. I literally was getting messaged tonight by people in a 7 player deathmatch to join the match so it would start lol. Also, this "need X more" stuff has got to go. I can't even admin bots in (and then remove them) any more to get the match to start.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Really good video by Zaccubus as always. Looks like performance optimizations are gonna have to wait more. Ah well. I was really hoping for those so I could actually play this...

Nah, guys. Don't get rid of sprint. I noticed it and liked it. I think it's actually a good thing that people didn't say anything about it. Or at least the people who actually noticed it not saying anything. Means it blended in very well into the gameplay. Sometimes silence itself is a really good positive indicator... OK, admittedly, I thought that it took a little too long to actually start sprinting and maybe the angle of the turn allowed before the sprint cuts off should be increased a little as well, but that's about it. I didn't think at the time those problems were enough to really bring up.

I definitely understand what Epic is going for here by keeping names static. However, I think we can actually have it both ways. Simply have everyone's official Epic name visible when their actual profile is checked, but allow their surface name to be changed to whatever they want. If someone picks the same surface name as someone else's official Epic name on the server, have there be a simple little x somewhere next to their name to show that this isn't the REAL so-and-so.
      Last edited by Arnox_BU; 02-23-2017, 03:50 AM.
      And still I wait...

Comment

Originally posted by nvz View Post
        Welcome to arena shooters! I've been playing arena fps for well over 10 years now and pugging has been the destination for high skill players in quake and UT games.

There are not enough players for skilled matchmaking or pugging but I can assure you 5v5 ctf is the proper way to play ctf in arena shooters.
        i have no problems with 5v5, we're in prealpha so things are to be experimented with. All I was saying is that some people might get carried away a bit and rage for no reason which will only make people turn away from the game. Then again, that depends on the sanity of players.

Comment

Need option to remove team assist notifications, or change them. They are intrusive in gameplay and truly if you want the player to see their team assists the scoreboard should have a spot for the count. The skull and audio notification is too distracting when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavens Night View Post
            Need option to remove team assist notifications, or change them. They are intrusive in gameplay and truly if you want the player to see their team assists the scoreboard should have a spot for the count. The skull and audio notification is too distracting when it happens.
            I agree. I felt like these were popping up all the time in CTF - 40 or 50 frags and maybe 20+ assists is a lot to keep seeing. I also think it shouldn't appear as "equally" as it is to a kill, e.g. the red lettering with the notification.

It also helped me tactically, where I did some hits on two defenders, went away to pick another angle, another player killed them and I knew the base was clear so went straight in. I'm not sure whether that was a good or bad thing.

Originally posted by DarkSideCookie View Post
            i have no problems with 5v5, we're in prealpha so things are to be experimented with. All I was saying is that some people might get carried away a bit and rage for no reason which will only make people turn away from the game. Then again, that depends on the sanity of players.
            I did experience this against some newer players, which wasn't great.

I guess the build up (5v5 and 8 minute warm-up) is for proper matchmaking. From the comments above it sounds like the duelling is the first full implementation test including leagues, and knocking the games down to 5 minutes is a good idea to get more games logged and to prevent very heavy defeats.

However, the warm-up could be a nightmare in public games. Perhaps turning off the ranked aspect removed the warm-up? But then no stats?
            Last edited by Smurgl; 02-23-2017, 08:58 AM.
            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Match start FIX!!!

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
              It is absolutely bizarre. I hope it's a bug because the logic escapes me. I've tried everything on the server side with the botfill command - no joy.

EPIC WE WILL NEED A HOTFIX FOR MATCH STARTUP ASAP. I literally was getting messaged tonight by people in a 7 player deathmatch to join the match so it would start lol. Also, this "need X more" stuff has got to go. I can't even admin bots in (and then remove them) any more to get the match to start.
              I absolutely agree! People are leaving UT game after they see that thay have to wait for teams to fill so the game could start. Please revert the match start to the previous game build with that ready option before warmup!
              Last edited by Lord Darkman; 02-23-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Okay, I'm glad I wasn't going mad and just missing something!

It seems a bit of a backwards step to me, as I was just starting to get a couple of friends into playing UT by setting up custom servers with the 2 or 3 of us, then filling out the opposing team with bots. Now there is either way too much downtime, or no way to practice with friends/bots. Seems strange not to have an option to ready up in custom or private games as, after all, we know how many people are coming!

P.S. Also, Lance was really good fun, sad to see that's gone!

Comment

Had a quick 10 minute run-around yesterday.

The shock ball effect was a great effect for when you made the combo, but it's continual presence now as the ball travels is a bit OTT & distracting.
                  Liking the way the LG is shaping up (zoom mode actually worthwhile now).
                  Indicators on the health & shield pick ups are nice, maybe a tiny bit too distracting.

The game is like a visual assault on the senses now, and it just makes everything feel fast and frantic. I love it, but certainly find it impacts how long I can play for before needing a break. That could just be an age thing though, its not 1999 anymore...

Comment

Not sure what happened to my forum name and game name but its not USER1977544956!

Comment

Originally posted by User1977544956 View Post
                      Not sure what happened to my forum name and game name but its not USER1977544956!
                      nes710. So what I looks like judging from older posts. Interesting.
                      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I think it's something to do with unifying the accounts. Log in to the Epic launcher and you'll be logged in here too.
                        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Flak prim is beyond unbalanced.

Comment

A couple of things on Single Player:

1) We don't need the "Game: type message here" thingy when a map is loaded (or anywhere else for that matter). Have to press Esc to get rid of it right off the bat.
                            2) Please bring back toggle mini-map, at least prior to pressing Fire to start the match. When trying to do a fly-through of a new or rarely played map it is not needed and in the way big time. If it is still an option, I can't find it in the Control settings.

Thanks.

Comment

Big MINUS for the strict display name.........

-☠-

Comment

anyone noticed shock combo when is fired in alt mode his ball when travelling toward target its a bit slow? I see the ball before getting pushed with normal fire it deviates a bit to one side to another very slightly like a floating effect this makes more hard to shot the ball combo once its previously fired. Older build was fine but this version its odd

Comment

Working...
                                X