No announcement yet.

0.1.8 Update posted 2/22/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic has done it again - another RL&FC weakening because most players would just shoot with shock and sniper rifle only and cannot get over getting killed by someone at short distance.
    I guess the nickname force is because some nicknames caused problems in the game? Cannot see another reason. At least let server itself decide whether it would be allowed or not.

Elimination mode is the best and most played mode. You might want to buy it (if you leave it intact).

Speeding up with holding forward key made sense and was removed as well.

Please, roll back to the August build and go live with that. The only gameplay improvement that I've seen since then is shorter distance dodging + secondary fire on minigun (btw primary is a bit useless now - the spread is so wide nobody can hit a **** unless super close and even with my high mouse sensitivity, still a problem then).

Comment

Also, going to console for chat history is not very effective since other useless stuff is displayed there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotvik View Post
        Epic has done it again - another RL&FC weakening because most players would just shoot with shock and sniper rifle only and cannot get over getting killed by someone at short distance.
        The problem is that those two weapons take absolutely 0 skill to use.. or well, mainly flak. Rockets are just too random, and the new trirox doesn't fix that. Getting DIRECT hits from random **** flying around is not really the pinnacle of gameplay to me.. It has nothing to do with skill, just makes luck more important than it should be, not that it should never happen but the rate at which it happens is way too high, which is caused by a combination of huge rockets, huge splash radius, cramped map design and (resulting) limited player movement. As for flak.. Imo they are nerfing it completely in the wrong way, flak should take a lot more effort to hit with fully than it does now, or they should make movement more capable of dealing with it somehow. Right now you can for instance play DM and +forward with flak only and nearly always be more effective than by using all the weapons in their proper situations, on nearly any map. It was never about the damage, yet for some magical reason it receives a damage nerf... Which does not change the gameplay at all from what I tried yesterday, in CTF at least.
        Last edited by Avalanche._; 02-23-2017, 02:25 PM.
        Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Link gun fire.

IMO, It sounds to gun like :P
          It's also way to loud atm, compared to many other weapons.
          It doesnt sound something electric or chemical anymore.

The previous pulse sound wasn't so bad i think, but a little cartoonish for my taste.
          Infact, i miss the sound now, before i was complaining about it
          It was like bad pop music, some happy track that's for some months in your head after you heared it.

(i am still a sucker for happy tricker sounds tho)
          Last edited by Grommie; 02-23-2017, 03:11 PM. Reason: Optional ;)
          MSI Z170A GAMING M5 | i7-6700k 4GHz | 4x4GB DDR4 - 2666MHz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | ASUS IPS 120Hz 1440P | Audioengine D1 + Sennheiser HD650 | WIN 10 x64

Comment

+1 Big MINUS for the strict display name.........

The username system gives me problems.
            My oldschool UT nickname since 1999 is in use.

Comment

I had said I did like the link gun fire, but I do agree it needs to sound more somewhere between lazer and electrical. I encourage the punchiness and hope that it rolls out to all weapons so that it doesn't sound so dominant, in comparison to weakening the sound to balance it with the others.
              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

The true problem with Flak still remains, which is the massive collision size of the shards at close range. Makes it very simple to land partial damage at a minimum.

I'm still not sure about Rocket secondary. I just feel like the staggered release is completely unnecessary, if you are going with the trident formation, what is the point? It just leads to a higher chance of self-damage when shooting around edges and sloppy, unpredictable, annoying gameplay.

I think the new sounds for link are "punchy", which is good, but it needs to sound less like combustion projectiles, and more like electrified plasma. We need more "womwomwomwom", less "thudthudthudthud". =]
                NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                My movies on YouTube:
                UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
                  The true problem with Flak still remains, which is the massive collision size of the shards at close range. Makes it very simple to land partial damage at a minimum.

I'm still not sure about Rocket secondary. I just feel like the staggered release is completely unnecessary, if you are going with the trident formation, what is the point? It just leads to a higher chance of self-damage when shooting around edges and sloppy, unpredictable, annoying gameplay.

I think the new sounds for link are "punchy", which is good, but it needs to sound less like combustion projectiles, and more like electrified plasma. We need more "womwomwomwom", less "thudthudthudthud". =]
                  I agree the flak shards are too large when fired. The reduction in damage helps, but it's still too easy to hit with so many shards.

In the time I've actually got to play (warmup), I haven't noticed any difference with the rockets. They're still very close together at launch which is where the main problem is.

Left in to highlight the Chrome forum bug again:
                  Iagreetheflak
                  Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

I tried logging out of launcher and forum and re-log back in, my name is still wrong.

The problem with forcing names is people take all the good names and then never use them. If your going to force us to use forum name at least delete all the forum names that have been inactive for over two years.

Comment

What is the reason behind Force User Name anyway? Is there a benefit somewhere? I loved changing my name to whatever kooky name I thought up that day. Everyone I played with knew exactly who I was. I can live with it but somebody has got to fix it for User1977544956. Guy says he's been playing forever. Fixing situations like that should be a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Tack View Post
                        What is the reason behind Force User Name anyway?
                        There's 1 guy who's mad someone used his nickname pretending to be him and someone else actually believed it was him. Then there's the guy who's worried he might lose rank/elo to a better, aliasing player he normally avoids playing.

Gotta suck the fun out of everything to keep the 1% happy.

Comment

Originally posted by JSKR View Post
                          There's 1 guy who's mad someone used his nickname pretending to be him and someone else actually believed it was him. Then there's the guy who's worried he might lose rank/elo to a better, aliasing player he normally avoids playing.

Gotta suck the fun out of everything to keep the 1% happy.
                          Well I hope that isn't true, but if it is, welcome to the land of the permanently offended, I guess.

Comment

1) get rid of health/armor pickup effects - too big and distracting (you cant see enemies in the corner of the screen - it was already hard with low visibility skins, now its even harder when going after pickups)

2) link primary sound is bananas - not good

3) all weapons are still imbalanced and shock needs double the ammo (or atleast 30 ammo)

performance seems to be back on previous level (no longer lagging on meshed maps) so thats a positive - and I don't know if its placebo, but mouse input also feels much better (more like raw input) when using medium/low graphical details (on high, mouse input feels laggy)

one step forward, two steps back again..
                            || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Sniper Rifle

Slight delay before start zooming in zoom mode so can consistently get min zoom.

I am a bit concerned about that delay. Getting min zoom was not really a problem.

Has Epic considered adjustable zoom via the mouse wheel once in zoom mode?

Comment

Enforcer with Infinite ammo?

Hello!
                                I'd like to share my opinion on the new update talking about the following points:

• With the new clip functionality of the Enforcer you can reload a clip when you're out of ammo. It means this weapon now has infinite ammo. I don't think it is the right direction for this weapon in particular, considering the fact you can deal quite a lot of damage with it if used accurately. Then, it becomes an overpowered machinegun if you are in akimbo mode due to the infinity count of the stock ammo. I hope it's just a temporary solution for the lack of the Impact Hammer in several gamemodes, instead of a permanent solution to remove definitively the Impact Hammer in all the standard gamemodes.
                                • I really like the direction taken for the sound of the Link Gun's primary fire. It's like the HL2 Pulse Rifle's sound with a traditional plasma bolt sound. The problem is that the volume of the latter is too low compared to the former. I think it would be better to amplificate the plasma sound. It would be also nice to increase the pitch of the "ballistic" sound (the former).
                                • I like the effects you added while picking up both health and armor. Regarding the latter, I noticed this effect doesn't show up in the 1st person if you have 150 armor points. Then, I mostly prefer the armor effect which is simpler, since the green crosses of the health's obstruct my view. In my opinion, effects like these, which show up right in front of your sight, should be as simple as possible.
                                • As many people say, it's quite frustrating to wait X players to begin a match. I think something like this could be implemented when this game will reach a higher playercount, or at least halve the waiting time.

Thanks for the patience.

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X