• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    lel at still not releasing a patch

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The solution to wanting different warmup times for different matches is simple. Use custom rulesets and change MaxReadyWait and MaxPlayerWait in GameOptions to suit in each Gamemode.

GameOptions=?TimeLimit=10?MaxReadyWait=60?ForceNoBots=1?MaxPlayerWait=60?

That doesn't work for Epic's default rules since we can't edit them. Play on community servers and forget about Epic's servers with poor rulesets and no custom maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why footsteps sounds are dependent on surface? This makes me mad, how so important part of gameplay, could be such random!? On one surface you can hear perfectly your enemy (for example on asdf, vials on top - footsteps should be always as clear), and on another you can't hear any sound of your opponent. I guess this game is supposed to be esport platform, but it definitely won't be with solutions like that. Just give us possibility to fit sounds to our taste, including options like disable own footsteps, sound level of our weapons or choosing the best sound to footsteps (which work on every surface).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it update time yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DDRRE View Post
    Where can we get the Linux server build? The usual post hasn't been updated:
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...Playable-Build
    ++; Was hoping to come back and check out the game again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got one question to Epic.

When these horrible Amazon's official servers die?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rocket tri-dent spread feels pretty random. I liked it better before I had more control over where I wanted to land all 3 rockets during release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I agree. This is stupid "big brother" mentality. Please remove the inability to change a nickname.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    patch was fast and in the right direction. gamplay is much better, tytyty.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't feel like flak is perfect, but it's much better than before. Often now you'll take a full flak and still have a couple health points, giving you an opportunity to fight back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkSideCookie View Post
    I would leave 1-2 minutes for warmup unless all players are ready. Would give you a lil bit of time to use facilities or take a drink
    agreed, 1 - 2 min is the ideal time for warmup, it still beats just having to wait to ready up but 8 min warmup is a lot worse though than the 1 min delay before. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems, by the latest change, that they can identify a matchmaking game and a pub game. I can see that a matchmaking game should allow some extra time to get full teams, but for a pub game there's no real worries about starting with less numbers.

The warmup time should be adjusted accordingly. For a brand new instance 3 minutes is probably ok (or none with bots), but even 8 minutes on a matchmaking game is too long.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cunni View Post
    It is up to PUG servers to add a Warmup mutator. But for public servers, the game should start asap.
    I would leave 1-2 minutes for warmup unless all players are ready. Would give you a lil bit of time to use facilities or take a drink

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is up to PUG servers to add a Warmup mutator. But for public servers, the game should start asap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ness 710 View Post
    Look at CS:GO for warmup I don't understand what is so hard to implement??? Mods in past UT games did it the same exact way if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Its so simple, just a forced 1 minute warmup. No readying up, no useless 8 minute warm up.

The problem with readying up is often the whole server readys up but one guy. You also can't warmup without readying up. Another negative is new players don't understand the whole readying up process or hitting enter to warmup.

If its forced its easy to understand and everyone has to partake in it. And if its only 1 minute most people will not be annoyed by it.
    The problem with 1 minute forced warm ups is that it makes competitive games impossible. Pug games will not be able to organize since they decided to remove the match instance lobbies for who knows what reason. The one thing they did really well with hubs and they took them out...

Either way, with this system it would mean that you need to get all 10 people into the match within a minute or else you need to restart the match. Anyone who has played a pug before knows thats impossible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X