Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

The forums will be upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin today. (If all goes as planned) We should be down approximately three hours. When the forums return, they will have a different look, but don't dismay! We'll be working over the next few days getting the look and feel right with this new version.

Please post here if you have any issues. We'll open a suggestions thread after issues are worked out. THANK YOU!

Attached Files
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Very nice, can't wait
    Pro 2 Play Community Website @ https://www.pro2play.com/
    UT4 Server/Hub Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut4/guide.php
    UT3 Server Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut3/serverguide.php
    Need help? Join Discord Chat @ https://discord.gg/ETv384q

Comment

Hope to see more options to interact with Epic game and have more visibility for quality contents made by community

Comment

More mobile user friendly?
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
          More mobile user friendly?

I've been using the forums almost exclusively on my phone, I don't see a huge issue with the mobile interface, but not a bad thing to look at.

I hope this goes smoothly.

Comment

Don't get why you guys don't just ditch vBulletin and go with Xenforo, which is in many ways much more suitable for handling a community like this and making forum participation more appealing.

It has live updates/notifications, an excellent PM system, a post editor that is not broken, many other features included by default and is super easy to configure. It also doesn't look as dated in most of the available styles/layouts, but this is something that can be solved with any forum software.

Some example community sites using Xenforo:
            - http://community.playstarbound.com/
            - https://starmadedock.net/
            - https://forums.beyondunreal.com/

Since I doubt a move to Xenforo will ever happen, there are a couple of things that would be pretty nice to have on these forums, that I've seen as a standard on many community forums, see this as a mini wishlist:
            - (Custom) Avatars, makes it easier to recognize posters and is just a nice extra bit of personalization
            - Unlimited PMs, it's 2017... I doubt storage is an issue nowadays
            - Likes (that appear visibly), to encourage good posts (but don't add dislikes, they discourage posting)
            - A better looking and less confusing profile page (it doesn't adapt to the theme and looks cluttered/bad in general, like what is an "Album" supposed to be? What are "Groups" used for?)
            - Less confusing attachment process
            - Better and less broken post editor with more features (and/or buttons for features)
            - (bonus) Live chat integration with discord would be wicked, but not sure if something like that readily exists atm
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
              I've been using the forums almost exclusively on my phone, I don't see a huge issue with the mobile interface, but not a bad thing to look at.

I meant it more sarcastically. Because many pages said something about updating and became a flat-design javascript nightmare.
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                You and me both!
                Stacey Conley
                Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                  [...]When the forums return, they will have a different look, but don't dismay! We'll be working over the next few days getting the look and feel right with this new version.
                  Please, no Paragon forum style, look'n'feel.
                  ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                  ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I want to use avatar, this is possible ?
                    You could also add an information field that allows users to enter their clan tag
                    Last edited by Real LoRD.; 04-10-2017, 02:27 PM.

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

It will be possible on the new forum upload audio files? WAV etc.?

Comment

we must play in Forums or in UT4? better upgrade UT4 even though beta.

Comment

Wow, this is really atrocious. VB5 is worse than I thought...
                          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I have to be brutally honest here: the layout is diabolical. It's giving me flashbacks to the forums of a decade ago.
                            C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                              Wow, this is really atrocious. VB5 is worse than I thought...
                              I
                              Originally posted by Flak View Post
                              [...]When the forums return, they will have a different look, but don't dismay! We'll be working over the next few days getting the look and feel right with this new version.
                              Stacey Conley
                              Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X