Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Please, no Paragon forum style, look'n'feel.
    That is not in the plan.
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I will check back in a few days and see what has transpired.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

That's good to hear Flak.
        My main gripe with a lot of modern forums is not utillizing screen space and cramming everything into one place, often the middle.
        Last edited by Crafty; 04-10-2017, 06:45 PM.
        C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
          That's good to hear Flak.
          My main gripe with a lot of modern forums is not utillizing screen space and cramming everything into one place, often the middle.
          That is a big gripe of mine too, in fact It's already making me crazy looking at it. I'll start working on it first thing in the AM, but in the mean time, please post any issues you're having here!
          Stacey Conley
          -----------------------------
          Unreal Tournament Community Manager
          Epic Games, Inc.
          Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

groooosss!

Comment

He he! I don't like how it looks at the moment either. I hope it's gonna be easy to make it look nice. :P

Comment

Did I jump the gun?

Comment

Nah

*10char*
                  "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                  - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Where's the New Posts button? Did I miss it? Do I have to use Advanced Search with a date range? Aarrgghh...!!!
                    No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Well the mobile interface feels pretty decent. Any chance of us getting a mod sub forum soon?
                      Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                      Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Originally posted by Avalanche._ View Post
                        Don't get why you guys don't just ditch vBulletin and go with Xenforo, which is in many ways much more suitable for handling a community like this and making forum participation more appealing.
                        My guess is because other forums work on vB and it's easier to support a fleet of forums that use the same software. Login integration is also something that will have to be integrated into XenForo

"Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

My big complaint is that you can't see how many pages something is, or jump to specific ones, from the main sub-forum view.
                          Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

I've always liked vBulletin. Xenforo is not better in my opinion. Skinning the interface is everything all the functionality is there. Hopefully you guys make it look swank or at least like before.

Comment

Originally posted by pb. View Post
                              My big complaint is that you can't see how many pages something is, or jump to specific ones, from the main sub-forum view.
                              That does seem to be missing. Admittedly, I think in most cases there is only a need for links to the first and last pages of a thread (and previously, the last page link was annoyingly small).

Comment

Oh no... vBulletin 5? What did you guys dooooo?

I'm gonna add my suggestion to use XenForo to the pile here. vB4 IS getting old but XenForo is made by the old vBulletin team and it's really good. vB4, while fantastic, was the last good vB version. You guys may be able to fix it all yourselves, but it'll be a lot of work and XenForo will cut all that nonsense out for you.
                                And still I wait...

Comment

Working...
                                X