No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for the "New Posts" link from me too!
    - got sig? -

Comment

Don't like it personally in comparison to old forum. I miss/can't find "Activity" and "New posts" pages. Also miss the Subscriptions page.
      Save changes in profile settings doesn't work for me. Click doesn't trigger anything.
      Last edited by Wasteful; 04-11-2017, 05:35 AM.
      Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Comment

Some words about new forum. It's not bad. Need time to get used to it. It should be possible upload audio files for example: WAV. I can upload picks or videos but can't audio files. It's a bit annoying especially on Sounds and Music forum. One more thing. On the UT Game Feedback please add sub-forum "Weapons Balance". It's very important and currently every posts and threads about weapons balance are in mess and hard to find it. These infos should be in one place, where we can add some ideas, stats, discuss etc. Please do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ness 710 View Post
          I've always liked vBulletin. Xenforo is not better in my opinion. Skinning the interface is everything all the functionality is there. Hopefully you guys make it look swank or at least like before.
          How exactly is it not better? Keep in mind that it is made by vBulletin devs in the first place, it basically has all the good stuff from vBulletin plus more good stuff. It also doesn't have the wealth of security issues that vBulletin has.

The only valid argument I've seen so far for not using Xenforo over vBulletin for these forums is the point that Lynx_ made:

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post

My guess is because other forums work on vB and it's easier to support a fleet of forums that use the same software. Login integration is also something that will have to be integrated into XenForo
          It would just be a large undertaking to change everything and fix login integration.

Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by Avalanche._ View Post
            It would just be a large undertaking to change everything and fix login integration.
            There are no plans for change. We'll just be working on making this a much better experience. Upgrading was just the first step.

Stacey Conley
            -----------------------------
            Unreal Tournament Community Manager
            Epic Games, Inc.
            Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
              +1 for the "New Posts" link from me too!
              This is also something I would like as that is by far my "most visited page".

On the positive side, the bloody "nospacewhenreplyingtopostinchromebug" is now gone.
              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post

This is also something I would like as that is by far my "most visited page".

On the positive side, the bloody "nospacewhenreplyingtopostinchromebug" is now gone.
                That drove me nuts!

Also, I made the forums wider so that annoyance is gone too.
                Stacey Conley
                Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteful View Post
                  Don't like it personally in comparison to old forum. I miss/can't find "Activity" and "New posts" pages. Also miss the Subscriptions page.
                  Save changes in profile settings doesn't work for me. Click doesn't trigger anything.
                  Is anyone else getting this? Could you get me a screenshot of what you're trying to do?
                  Stacey Conley
                  Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post

Is anyone else getting this? Could you get me a screenshot of what you're trying to do?
                    There was a link to "New Posts" on the main page and also another link to an activity feed.

I think this link is replicating the New Posts link if it works for others: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/search?searchJSON={"date":"lastVisit"}
                    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post

There was a link b4 called "new posts" that would list the most recent post on the forums that is missing since the upgrade. I forget how the "activity feed" differed from that. I'm not sure what's going on with the profile and subscription stuff as it seems to work for me.
                      Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                      Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post

There was a link to "New Posts" on the main page and also another link to an activity feed.

I think this link is replicating the New Posts link if it works for others: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/search?searchJSON={"date":"lastVisit"}
                        I was actually talking about the saving changes in profile thing. I'm painfully aware of the new posts button missing

Stacey Conley
                        Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Flak
                          The 10 chars limit is somehow annoying ...I know why you implemented it but sometimes it's not useful.

And the Quotes should get a darker background or a frame so we can see them faster and don't mix them up with the normal posts.

Is it so when you hit the thread title that you get always to the newest post? This can be annoying as hell when you have to scroll up or go pages back to read the original post. A simple marker behind the shown nickname of the last poster (like in the old forum) should be enough to go to the newest one. But maybe a tad bigger so we can hit it better on our mobile devices.

Oh and get better smilies those shipped with the original forum software look stupid.

Ah because of smilies ... a suggestion. On UT99.org we implemented the Editor interface icons as additional smilies for tutorials.
                          Maybe this could be useful here as well. To explain stuff and so.
                          Last edited by papercoffee; 04-11-2017, 01:03 PM.
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Well, it's, interesting...

Very very minor gripe but since it's logo related I would like to mention that the tournament is slightly higher and smaller than "unreal" and I'm never going to be able to unsee it :P

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Omg. Well, the new forum (and the style) has some advantages, but boy it's not intuitive in various cases, it is bugged (like "dashboard" only shoes the "last activity" feature) and the there are things like the new WYSIWYG editor where you can only apply text formats if you use the full styled editor, you can just use the "source" view and apply the formattings with the buttons. The buttons are disabled when choosing the "source" view.

And what I also miss is the "Full site" cookies based preference on mobile platforms to switch from mobile view to full site (the same as on desktops). You can request the full site on some browsers, but that's not the same.

Where can I manage my attachments ...

Btw. for anyone missing the "new posts" / "Activity" page:
                              You can find the new latest activity stream under the dashboad, which isn't a link you can press on the main page. Not sure how I redirect to that page. You can also find the "latest activity" button in every thread on the top bar
                              https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...rums/dashboard

Overall, a forum update is the right step. And approach a more fluid forum is way to go. But so many features are either removed or disabled.

Edit:
                              The dashboard latest activity doesn't seem to update.

Also, why is "Show signatures" default to off when I had it on, and it is default to on for non-registered users...

Edit 2:
                              Seems like "Friends" and alike is totally missing. Additionally a notification about a friends request is now gone (without actually denying or accepting it, not even sure if you opened the specific page).

Repying to private messages cannot be done with quoting previous text. You need to copy-paste text and reply to specific paragraphs manually (granted, you needed to split quoted text previous as well, but you had the actual "bbcoded" text).

Browsing pages with the new "non-loading" page-switching isn't very practical. The animation is just too slow (if not even useless) and it even scroll on browser-back.
                              Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 04-11-2017, 05:10 PM.
                              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Current setup is very confusing to me. There's nothing to click for "new posts" and my own profile isn't showing half of what it did before.

Also, my signature is missing from my posts.
                                Last edited by EvilGrins; 04-11-2017, 05:03 PM.
                                Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X