Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Thebonjour27 View Post
    I just downloaded UT today, and being my first UT game, I was impressed. The amazing movement, the satisfying gun play, it's all very polished for a game in pre-alpha. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this tho. (also, I think the grenade launcher should have a little bit more range)
    Welcome to the community dude! You're in the general discussion forum, so this is the right place (sort of). As this is your first UT game, it would be cool to read up on your thoughts of the game if you have to time/interest to write an in-depth post sometime. I've played UT since UT99 and also love this game, but my perspective is colored by all those years of play and so might not be as interesting as yours.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Instead of going through everything one by one, suffice it to say I've fixed a lot but there might be some things I missed. If you notice anything please post here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
    More posts per page (by default) could also be a good thing IMO.
    Apparently there has been a lot of investigating on what a good default number is considering users across all devices. You can change this in your settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just downloaded UT today, and being my first UT game, I was impressed. The amazing movement, the satisfying gun play, it's all very polished for a game in pre-alpha. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this tho. (also, I think the grenade launcher should have a little bit more range)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be nice if the "mark channels read" was available in more than just the bottom of the main forum window

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
    I dunno if this has been pointed out already (haven't read the whole thread), but I think the forums should display a larger number of threads per page by default. I find that a bit concerning for the guys releasing WIP maps in the Level Design forum, which may get lost in the second and following pages way too early.

While we're at it, can we just have an entirely separate subforum for remakes. I couldn't care less about the 3 pages worth of maintained ports of old maps that bury the real maps every time there's an update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we get back our signature pictures? Or at least give us some avatars. The Forum got really bland.

Or what do you think about Ascii art in our signatures

█████████████████████████████████████
    ██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
    █████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████
    ████████░░████░░░░░██░░░░░███████████
    ████████░██████░░░████░░░░███████████
    ████████░░████░░░░░██░░░░░███████████
    █████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████
    ███████████░░░░██░░░░░░░█████████████
    ████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
    ███████████░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░██████████
    ████████████░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░█████████
    █████████████░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░░████████
    ████████████████████░░░░░█░░░████████
    ██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
    █████████████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█████████
    ████████████░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░██████████
    ███████████░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░█████████
    ██████████░░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░████████

Edit-----------
    Even the code tag isn't working properly ...this is now really bogus.

Edit2---------
    Hmmm? Somehow I managed to have my picture back in my signature. How?

Edit3--------
    And now is the system telling me that I would have too many lines in my signature. Even so I haven't changed anything, just checked out how I managed set an image up.
    I'm confused and puzzled.

Edit4--------
    Flak
    Another bug occurred. The forum front page won't update any more. There are old threads shown as last posted.
    Last edited by papercoffee; 04-27-2017, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=132

Can we get thread previews like this for the maps section?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dunno if this has been pointed out already (haven't read the whole thread), but I think the forums should display a larger number of threads per page by default. I find that a bit concerning for the guys releasing WIP maps in the Level Design forum, which may get lost in the second and following pages way too early.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
    They've been disabled.
    lame .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post

Maybe it's time again to use Grease Monkey to get this annoying things under control [...]
    If you are finished RattleSN4K3 ...I'm your first customer.
    It's a bit more than just "hiding the header". And hopefully I can get the script working on mobile. So it may take a bit more time. But I still like to see the issues reported in this thread getting resolved somehow somewhen.

I even manipulate the dates everywhere to actually show the ISO-8601-compliant date (YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss])... and various other things. With Ajax now being supported (in some case) to read data without re-loading the page, I can think of various other features. One think which has always bugged was the nested-quote-quote problem where a quote inside a post isn't "copied" when you're quouting such post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Due to all such usability issues, I have started to work heavily on my GreaseMonkey/etc. script which I mentioned here. The animation of the "goto" button and alike is also driving me nuts. And it gets worse if you are actually faster than the animation when using paging and the animations scrolls back to the top although you are already reading/viewing other posts down below.
    Maybe it's time again to use Grease Monkey to get this annoying things under control till Flak got it sorted out.
    If you are finished RattleSN4K3 ...I'm your first customer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Working with threads and editing posts to include most recent information (for release threads for instance) is a hell of a process. By doing so I noticed several issues:
    • Massive gap after [LIST][/LIST]
    • Images are converted into [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"URL_WITH_ESCAPED_CHARACTERS"}[/IMG2]
    • "Edit reason" isn't tranfered into text field when editing posts
    • Editing a post and saving it additionally adds a empty line after a [LIST][/LIST]
    • Table cells are vertically top-aligned in editor, but centered in post
    • Tables now have a forced border
    • Tables now have a cell padding
    • Tables don't allow "empty line" after it
    • Adding images after another, editing post and re-saving result into having images below one and another instead
    • No more strike through

Hu... can we, can we?
    I don't think it's part of the configuration of this forum software.

Due to all such usability issues, I have started to work heavily on my GreaseMonkey/etc. script which I mentioned here. The animation of the "goto" button and alike is also driving me nuts. And it gets worse if you are actually faster than the animation when using paging and the animations scrolls back to the top although you are already reading/viewing other posts down below.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, btw. Can we get rid of this animation when the "GO TO TOP" button got hit? A simple jump to the top of the page would be more then enough and less annoying.
    Hu... can we, can we?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Selentic View Post
    Images in signatures are broken now?
    They've been disabled.

It seems this is intentional. But I think instead should they implement a hight limit.
    Oh, I wish and I even know how to do this

Last edited by _Lynx; 04-20-2017, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X