No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New posts is back. I'll be working on the forums in the AM. Thank you for your patience! I had to head out early today, sorry about that
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Ooooooh smilies are much better.
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

For a "Activity stream"-like-without-update-view you guys can use a search like this:
        https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...y_only%22%3A1}
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

@Flak:
          Search by text only works for content from the upgrade one. It won't find posts before the upgrade.

Also the size limit for zip files (for attachments of assets, like for tutorial content and providing exampple assets in helping posts) is still too low. 100 KB for zip files where as image are 5 MB (5000 KB)... before the upgrade, I haven't checked it.
          Your file of 259566 bytes exceeds the limit of 100000. SomeZipFile.zip
          Edit:
          Just tried uploading a 2MB image file (2900859 bytes) and it aborted with a error message stating a different size.
          Before the upgrade, a upload which takes more than 30s got aborted, likely this is the same problem but with a different message.
          Your file of 7474845 bytes exceeds the limit of 5242880. image.jpg
          Uploading a 6MB file (6532521 byts) resulting in an error as well, also stating a wrong size.
          Your file of 16100232 bytes exceeds the limit of 5242880. image2.jpg
          Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 04-11-2017, 06:06 PM.
          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Maybe I just can't find it, but there was a button to jump to the first unread post, somewhere near "Thread Tools", iirc. If I'm not blind and it's missing, I'd be very happy to have it back.

I'm happy to see that it's now possible to upload *.txt files!

Comment

CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
                Also, my signature is missing from my posts.
                Go to you profile set-up. There you can reactivate signatures.
                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Dig the new colors.

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post

Go to you profile set-up. There you can reactivate signatures.
                    Error saving signature

Error information: " 404 error Not Found"

l o l
                    CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                      Thanks for that!
                      - got sig? -

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                        New posts is back. I'll be working on the forums in the AM. Thank you for your patience! I had to head out early today, sorry about that
                        Thanks Flak. Maybe it's my preference, but I would prefer it to be "date":"lastVisit" rather from "from":"lastDay". Whilst I do visit regularly, I think I'd prefer to see the new posts since my last visit rather than the last 24 hours.

The topic view is definitely the way forward though!
                        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Outpost 23 theme!

Looking good Flak.
                          My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Flak I notice that the youtube videos (e.g. on top 5 plays) are all quite small. Can this be tweaked please?

It would also be nice for to allow the button to make them full screen, but that looks like it's deliberately removed (on the old forum too) - not sure why.
                            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

hey I have few issues with the new theme:

-the red of "Unreal Tournament Developer" is absolutely painful to my human eyes

-topic per page is not enough, an option to edit could be great

-on https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/ sub forums seems scattered like the page havent finished to load ( I see sub forums under "Last Post" column )

-"Activities" in privacy setting doesn't seems to work

-in post reply smiles and attachement buttons are on right when the content is on the left, illogic ergonomie for me

-it's not clear how to setup notifications: I want notification from my own threads but not from all my subscribed discussions , how I do this?

finally I have no idea of the difference between replies and comments.
                              DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                              Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Not sure if its been fixed. But yesterday i tried editing a post. It took me about 20 minutes, and then i eventually just gave up.
                                The post in question had a link in it. And it would not allow me to remove the link. I was forced to enter a new one. So i entered http://pleasefixtheforums.com

Also when you click on preview post your options are to accept the post... there is no going back to continue editing which defies the point of previewing a post.

Comment

Working...
                                X