No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In previous version preview page had an editor below preview.

EDIT: Preview is now a pop-up, however it offers two options at the bottom - Save and Close. Clicking Close will return you back to editing.
    Last edited by _Lynx; 04-12-2017, 09:37 AM.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Right now there was only two big things that I can't let go from the forums. The "new post" link (which is finally back !) and the "mark forums read" button when under the new post section. It was way more easier for me to keep track of all the new things, see were there is activities and discard what I'm not interested.

So if you could please put it back, I would be very thankfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post

Error saving signature

Error information: " 404 error Not Found"

l o l
        I have the same issue since the forums upgrade No matter what I write, everytime I'm trying to save, I obtain this error. It seem to save only if there is a simple line of text but if your add more than 1 line of text you get this error, even if there is no link embedded??!! The previous version was working flawlessly!
        Stevie's corner
        Maps : DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post

I have the same issue since the forums upgrade No matter what I write, everytime I'm trying to save, I obtain this error. It seem to save only if there is a simple line of text but if your add more than 1 line of text you get this error, even if there is no link embedded??!! The previous version was working flawlessly!
          There's actually a separate option to enable signatures, that's disabled by default for some reason. In case you missed it, because I did.
          CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post

There's actually a separate option to enable signatures, that's disabled by default for some reason. In case you missed it, because I did.
            Yep, I saw the option and enable it. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm still getting this odd 404 error when I'm trying to save my signature, sadly???
            Stevie's corner
            Maps : DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post

Yep, I saw the option and enable it. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm still getting this odd 404 error when I'm trying to save my signature, sadly???
              I only wanted to re-enable the one I had which may has been what you we're trying to do as well, but yeah, if you're trying to create a new one you're out of luck.

Comment

Aaahhh the light!! I need my darkness! Where is it D:?
                -Fn>Metalfist
                ---------------------
                BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Are post likes a new thing as of this version? That or I'm just blind.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    Are post likes a new thing as of this version? That or I'm just blind.
                    Not sure what you mean lol.

I'll be working on the theme in the AM guys, darker colors incoming!

Stacey Conley
                    -----------------------------
                    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                    Epic Games, Inc.
                    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Flak
                      Can you check if you're able to enable the real activity stream? Similar to this one:
                      http://vbulletin-mods.com/forum/activity.php
                      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post

Not sure what you mean lol.

I'll be working on the theme in the AM guys, darker colors incoming!
                        I mean every post in a thread has a like button. next to quote and flag. Never noticed that before.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post

I mean every post in a thread has a like button. next to quote and flag. Never noticed that before.
                          it is a new thing so we can have karma circlejerks like every other quality forum on the internet

like favourite subscribe

Comment

Originally posted by Avalanche._ View Post

How exactly is it not better? Keep in mind that it is made by vBulletin devs in the first place, it basically has all the good stuff from vBulletin plus more good stuff. It also doesn't have the wealth of security issues that vBulletin has.

The only valid argument I've seen so far for not using Xenforo over vBulletin for these forums is the point that Lynx_ made:

It would just be a large undertaking to change everything and fix login integration.
                            There are some settings from the user end missing in Xenforo that are available in VB. The way Xenforo handles PMs as "Conversations" is very annoying to me, message system in vBulletin is less confusing. The default themes and layouts also look pretty ugly from the forums I've seen using it but I know thats easily customizable.

Comment

Flak Every time I quote this guy the originally posted by text and link to the quoted post breaks.

idk if that's a new to this forum update or not, but I haven't seen it happen before.

Comment

Everything is now just one color. Every section blends into another one (mostly on thread/subforum overview). You can hardly differentiate links from actual text, or quotes from original post. The readability is a lot worse now.
                                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                                X