Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Right now there was only two big things that I can't let go from the forums. The "new post" link (which is finally back !) and the "mark forums read" button when under the new post section. It was way more easier for me to keep track of all the new things, see were there is activities and discard what I'm not interested.

    So if you could please put it back, I would be very thankfull.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Selentic View Post

      Error saving signature

      Error information: " 404 error Not Found"

      l o l
      I have the same issue since the forums upgrade No matter what I write, everytime I'm trying to save, I obtain this error. It seem to save only if there is a simple line of text but if your add more than 1 line of text you get this error, even if there is no link embedded??!! The previous version was working flawlessly!
      Stevie's corner
      My UT4 maps
      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Stevelois View Post

        I have the same issue since the forums upgrade No matter what I write, everytime I'm trying to save, I obtain this error. It seem to save only if there is a simple line of text but if your add more than 1 line of text you get this error, even if there is no link embedded??!! The previous version was working flawlessly!
        There's actually a separate option to enable signatures, that's disabled by default for some reason. In case you missed it, because I did.
        CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - Check out my game!

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Selentic View Post

          There's actually a separate option to enable signatures, that's disabled by default for some reason. In case you missed it, because I did.
          Yep, I saw the option and enable it. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm still getting this odd 404 error when I'm trying to save my signature, sadly???
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Stevelois View Post

            Yep, I saw the option and enable it. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm still getting this odd 404 error when I'm trying to save my signature, sadly???
            I only wanted to re-enable the one I had which may has been what you we're trying to do as well, but yeah, if you're trying to create a new one you're out of luck.
            CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - Check out my game!

            Comment


              #66
              Aaahhh the light!! I need my darkness! Where is it D:?
              -Fn>Metalfist
              ---------------------
              Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

              Comment


                #67
                Are post likes a new thing as of this version? That or I'm just blind.

                UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                  Are post likes a new thing as of this version? That or I'm just blind.
                  Not sure what you mean lol.

                  I'll be working on the theme in the AM guys, darker colors incoming!

                  Stacey Conley
                  -----------------------------
                  Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                  Epic Games, Inc.
                  Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Flak
                    Can you check if you're able to enable the real activity stream? Similar to this one:
                    http://vbulletin-mods.com/forum/activity.php
                    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Flak View Post

                      Not sure what you mean lol.

                      I'll be working on the theme in the AM guys, darker colors incoming!
                      I mean every post in a thread has a like button. next to quote and flag. Never noticed that before.

                      UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post

                        I mean every post in a thread has a like button. next to quote and flag. Never noticed that before.
                        it is a new thing so we can have karma circlejerks like every other quality forum on the internet

                        like favourite subscribe
                        CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - Check out my game!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Avalanche._ View Post

                          How exactly is it not better? Keep in mind that it is made by vBulletin devs in the first place, it basically has all the good stuff from vBulletin plus more good stuff. It also doesn't have the wealth of security issues that vBulletin has.

                          The only valid argument I've seen so far for not using Xenforo over vBulletin for these forums is the point that Lynx_ made:



                          It would just be a large undertaking to change everything and fix login integration.
                          There are some settings from the user end missing in Xenforo that are available in VB. The way Xenforo handles PMs as "Conversations" is very annoying to me, message system in vBulletin is less confusing. The default themes and layouts also look pretty ugly from the forums I've seen using it but I know thats easily customizable.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Flak Every time I quote this guy the originally posted by text and link to the quoted post breaks.

                            idk if that's a new to this forum update or not, but I haven't seen it happen before.
                            CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - Check out my game!

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Everything is now just one color. Every section blends into another one (mostly on thread/subforum overview). You can hardly differentiate links from actual text, or quotes from original post. The readability is a lot worse now.
                              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by ness 710 View Post

                                There are some settings from the user end missing in Xenforo that are available in VB. The way Xenforo handles PMs as "Conversations" is very annoying to me, message system in vBulletin is less confusing. The default themes and layouts also look pretty ugly from the forums I've seen using it but I know thats easily customizable.
                                What settings are missing in XenForo that are in VB5? Also, what was the last version of XenForo you used? Since 1.2 they have added back a bunch of features they were missing from VB.

                                On PMs, the XenForo method is far superior to vB especially when you have conversation threads involving multiple people which are just trash on vB.

                                At any rate, I mentioned XenForo to Flak two years ago and they decided to stick with vB for their own reasons (obviously their IT likes it and munged it up for other game forums for some reason so I guess there is that). I'm just very surprised by how awful the UX is on vB5 even compared to previous versions of VB. On top of that, vB is dramatically more expensive, less secure, backed by one of the worst companies on the internet, and completely out of touch with their customer base. If it wasn't for how good their software was compared to the competition 10 years ago, they wouldn't even be around as everyone would just use Discourse or XenForo which both have better UX than vB does.

                                But still that doesn't prevent me from seeing why a company that has been using vB would stick with vB. vB5 is just shocking.

                                edit: Also, I have to agree with others about the loss of the actual New Posts functionality. The link that was added isn't really comparable unless you visit the forums every day and read everything you missed every day.
                                Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 04-13-2017, 12:29 PM.
                                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X