Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thebonjour27 View Post
    I just downloaded UT today, and being my first UT game, I was impressed. The amazing movement, the satisfying gun play, it's all very polished for a game in pre-alpha. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this tho. (also, I think the grenade launcher should have a little bit more range)
    Welcome to the community dude! You're in the general discussion forum, so this is the right place (sort of). As this is your first UT game, it would be cool to read up on your thoughts of the game if you have to time/interest to write an in-depth post sometime. I've played UT since UT99 and also love this game, but my perspective is colored by all those years of play and so might not be as interesting as yours.

Comment

Thebonjour27 and Gru50m3
      This is the wrong thread dudes...
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Bug.
        Unable to post a comment to a visitor message. It fails in sending the ajax-request due to in invalid URL with a dialog message of:
        Conversation
        Error posting comment. (Error code 404)

Please try again.
        Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 05-28-2017, 08:36 AM.
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
          visitor message.
          Wait, what? What visitor? You can post now as visitor?
          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
            Wait, what? What visitor? You can post now as visitor?
            Yep. Similar to the old forum (not the this one before the upgrade but the old "UTForums").

It's the input field on a profile page in the "Activities" tab. It's a bit irritating as a button "Private message" is just on top of that and there's no other caption to actually describe what the input field does... but what could one expect with vB5.0...

Such visitor message can be seen publicly by anyone for instance here:
            https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...urce=source_vm
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Can't multiquote even though the page acts like it should work.
              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I've just noticed, when someone is quoting my posts - notification doesn't appear in Messages (this worked last week though).
                - got sig? -

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                  Can't multiquote even though the page acts like it should work.
                  I also noticed that. I've added that feature back with the "Greasemonkey" script I've worked on and used since day one with this forum.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Unclutter_MultiQuote.png
Views:	7
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	388682

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
                  Maybe it's just me, but I've just noticed, when someone is quoting my posts - notification doesn't appear in Messages (this worked last week though).
                  Maybe, you really need to be subscribed to that thread. But I also noticed that it worked from the beginning and nowadays it isn't. Likely a global configuration. Not sure if "@" still works with notification. Since VB5, the old plugin is not installed anymore and the mention-feature is now embedded into the core - wouldn't be the first issues with core features of VB5.

Comment

Not sure if "@" still works with notification.
                    RattleSN4K3 did it work?

Comment

RattleSN4K3 did it work?
                      It my case it did work, but sadly it does not work for quotations like this one. Really miss that feature (from that plugin), additionally to the Activity stream being gone (no, the link "Activity stream" here is not the same as it was).

Comment

That's bummer.
                        When is your Grease Monkey script usable?
                        I would love to have the multi quote system back and this scroll animation disabled.

Comment

That's bummer.
                          When is your Grease Monkey script usable?
                          I would love to have the multi quote system back and this scroll animation disabled.
                          It's usable. There too much to work on and thus I stopped extending it. I have been continously using it for the recent weeks. Working fine... haven't got the mood to create a "release" thread tho. Gonna if I got the time tomorrow.

Comment

For anyone who's interested in some tweaks/fixes for vb5, I've uploaded the script.

Unclutter VB5 on:

Too lazy to actually create a release thread for now. Let's see if someone has bug reports or feature requests I may create a thread for a separate discussion.

Some screenshots in the attachments.

Comment

For anyone who's interested in some tweaks/fixes for vb5, I've uploaded the script.
                              Thank you very much ...this is so much better.
                              I have only one additional request ...can you get rid of this "Go To Top" animation? A simple jump to the top is more then enough.

Comment

Thank you very much ...this is so much better.
                                I have only one additional request ...can you get rid of this "Go To Top" animation? A simple jump to the top is more then enough.
                                In some cases it just jumps instead of scrolling. I actually haven't checked deeply enough for disabling scrolling (when clicking on some links). It might be somehting I can't have access to. I try to investigate. I also noticed the "Bottom" and "Top" buttons don't work for paged opened with an anchor (such as "Last post" links from the thread overview).

Comment

Working...
                                X