Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Please, no Paragon forum style, look'n'feel.
    That is not in the plan.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    Wow, this is really atrocious. VB5 is worse than I thought...
    I
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    [...]When the forums return, they will have a different look, but don't dismay! We'll be working over the next few days getting the look and feel right with this new version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to be brutally honest here: the layout is diabolical. It's giving me flashbacks to the forums of a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, this is really atrocious. VB5 is worse than I thought...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we must play in Forums or in UT4? better upgrade UT4 even though beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It will be possible on the new forum upload audio files? WAV etc.?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to use avatar, this is possible ?
    You could also add an information field that allows users to enter their clan tag
    Last edited by Real LoRD.; 04-10-2017, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    [...]When the forums return, they will have a different look, but don't dismay! We'll be working over the next few days getting the look and feel right with this new version.
    Please, no Paragon forum style, look'n'feel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    I hope this goes smoothly.
    You and me both!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    I've been using the forums almost exclusively on my phone, I don't see a huge issue with the mobile interface, but not a bad thing to look at.

I meant it more sarcastically. Because many pages said something about updating and became a flat-design javascript nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't get why you guys don't just ditch vBulletin and go with Xenforo, which is in many ways much more suitable for handling a community like this and making forum participation more appealing.

It has live updates/notifications, an excellent PM system, a post editor that is not broken, many other features included by default and is super easy to configure. It also doesn't look as dated in most of the available styles/layouts, but this is something that can be solved with any forum software.

Some example community sites using Xenforo:
    - http://community.playstarbound.com/
    - https://starmadedock.net/
    - https://forums.beyondunreal.com/

Since I doubt a move to Xenforo will ever happen, there are a couple of things that would be pretty nice to have on these forums, that I've seen as a standard on many community forums, see this as a mini wishlist:
    - (Custom) Avatars, makes it easier to recognize posters and is just a nice extra bit of personalization
    - Unlimited PMs, it's 2017... I doubt storage is an issue nowadays
    - Likes (that appear visibly), to encourage good posts (but don't add dislikes, they discourage posting)
    - A better looking and less confusing profile page (it doesn't adapt to the theme and looks cluttered/bad in general, like what is an "Album" supposed to be? What are "Groups" used for?)
    - Less confusing attachment process
    - Better and less broken post editor with more features (and/or buttons for features)
    - (bonus) Live chat integration with discord would be wicked, but not sure if something like that readily exists atm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    More mobile user friendly?

I've been using the forums almost exclusively on my phone, I don't see a huge issue with the mobile interface, but not a bad thing to look at.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More mobile user friendly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hope to see more options to interact with Epic game and have more visibility for quality contents made by community

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice, can't wait

Leave a comment:

Working...
X