Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [OFFICIAL] Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

Forum Upgrade - Discussion thread

The forums will be upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin today. (If all goes as planned) We should be down approximately three hours. When the forums return, they will have a different look, but don't dismay! We'll be working over the next few days getting the look and feel right with this new version.

Please post here if you have any issues. We'll open a suggestions thread after issues are worked out. THANK YOU!

Attached Files

• replied
    Originally posted by mastrok View Post
    Can we get some darker forum themes?
    So much this, i've been using darkreader which makes the forums look 10000% better, it has problems though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we get some darker forum themes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
    I hope you didn't take this decision because of toxic comments...
    But if you did, I have to say that it worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HereticGrunt View Post
    I don't get it, i just bookmark the UT forums and i can access it in one click.
    I know, I know. But now it is less accesible to visitors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't get it, i just bookmark the UT forums and i can access it in one click.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you please put back the link to the Forums on the Main Page menu?

I hope you didn't take this decision because of toxic comments...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The notification system don't work any more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    Why have the forums been deleted from the front page of Epic Games?
    ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why have the forums been deleted from the front page of Epic Games?

Why is it you have to manually type in https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums to get to the forums?

Can anyone answer this?
    Was this intentional?
    Is this a mistake?
    Did someone drop the ball?
    Why is it, that when someone is back-linked to the website for Epic Games, the makers of the Unreal Engine, that they can't click on a link to the computer game for which the namesake of their AAA award-winning engine derives?

Is there something I have missed here? If it is not listed at all - and you get (surely) a backlash by people (who content creators want to engage with) just 'bouncing' from the sub-website of UT4, because they cannot find the forums...

Whose decision was this?
    Why was this done?
    What were the minutes of the meeting to discuss removing the forum from the front page(s) of the Epic Games website?
    Is this decision an indication of an internal decision to scale back UT4?
    Is it just people from my country who cannot see the forums on the main site?

Looking for answers, asking questions...and am humbly standing by to eat some pie after being corrected.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I usually also use a favorite link to get to the UT forums, but I tried to go through unrealtournament.com to get here and there didn't seem to be a link to it. Is that intentional?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Flak
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    I'm getting logged out as soon as I visit the forum after a FireFox reboot. Did someone noticed this as well or is it just on my end?
    And why isn't a quote counting as a 10 characters long post?
    Last edited by papercoffee; 06-17-2017, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah yes I've found that - thanks. I don't remember seeing the option or turning it off. Was it off by default for everyone?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
    I would like to see signatures return if possible please.

This is a game that has some community involvement, and I've certainly clicked on a number of links for people who are advertising (in their signature) things that they have done, e.g. maps, music, websites, etc. I think it's an important part of a game with community involvement.
    I can see all the signatures ...or do you mean pictures in it? Pictures are borked somehow. (I don't know how I managed to get a picture in my sig)
    Check your user settings. Maybe "show signatures" is deactivated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to see signatures return if possible please.

This is a game that has some community involvement, and I've certainly clicked on a number of links for people who are advertising (in their signature) things that they have done, e.g. maps, music, websites, etc. I think it's an important part of a game with community involvement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X