No announcement yet.

Forum Suggestion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know what happened to the forum rules thread that disappeared, but I totally loved the idea of removing pics from sigs.
    Plz make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by M!NDCR!M3Z View Post
      Dont know what happened to the forum rules thread that disappeared, but I totally loved the idea of removing pics from sigs.
      Plz make that happen.
      The only reason I wanted to keep it was so people could post their server banners.

Maybe we should just better regulate it? Maybe only allow the server banners?
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I'm not sure why people mind small images in signatures. I think you just need to say "smaller than 1MB and smaller than 500x200" or something like that.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I agree. People can always turn signatures off. One of my favorite forum features.

Comment

We have the WIP part of the forum, but it should deserve specific subforums, e.g. character model WIPs, game model WIPs, level/map WIPs, block layout WIP. Eventually one could remove the WIP subforum altogether and put those in the respective categories (a WIP in arts, WIP in level, etc). That might even be the better solution.

It would be nice if someone could make an art asset subforum in the art section too, so you can post stuff that is neither weapon nor environment (pickups) in there - or pickup bases.
            S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              I'm not sure why people mind small images in signatures. I think you just need to say "smaller than 1MB and smaller than 500x200" or something like that.
              Mnich's post was just a convenient example because his signature is larger than the entire post content div. _Lynx's post has a similar height, but the skype icon adds extra white space underneath his post content.

Also, it appears signatures add extra white space in each post. Compare jayoplus' post, which has a pool of white space under "Cheers." with mahri726's post which has almost no unused white space.

Comment

Would it be possible to add further rankings beyond Senior Member? Like for making 500 posts, for instance. Then 1000; 3000 - and starting x number of threads as well. Or raise the ceiling on the number of posts required before graduating to senior member.

It's a small thing, I know but most of the users who came here after the big announcement this past May are all Senior Members already. We've reached a saturation point, and it doesn't mean as much as it once did anymore. Or at first.
                Dueling Flak Cannons
                We see the shells falling
                Together, we die

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
                  I agree. People can always turn signatures off. One of my favorite forum features.
                  I should not have to turn them off because a select few (you know who you are) want to have some random, stupid, borderline offensive BS in their sig.
                  There are a lot of folks with very helpful links and such that I would miss if I turned them off completely.

Comment

Originally posted by M!NDCR!M3Z View Post
                    I should not have to turn them off because a select few (you know who you are) want to have some random, stupid, borderline offensive BS in their sig.
                    There are a lot of folks with very helpful links and such that I would miss if I turned them off completely.
                    Feel free to report any signatures that are causing problems. I'll get some guidelines up soon.
                    Stacey Conley
                    Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

My signature accurately represents my face and thoughts when reading most of the stuff people post on these forums

On a side note, maybe we can have a sub forum for playtesting? there isn't much going on now but that's going to change as we go on

Videos, after action reports - that sort of thing

We get some issues with we played the game and this happened vs people who think what we're saying is we think this is going to happen once we play the game

Some people aren't that bright, so it's worth considering

Comment

Originally posted by tigerclaw View Post
                        We get some issues with we played the game and this happened vs people who think what we're saying is we think this is going to happen once we play the game
                        I agree this is really annoying.
                        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll be checking into these and I'll implement what I can. Let's keep this discussion going, although I'm going to unstick the thread.
                          Stacey Conley
                          Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
                            1. Do not allow the thread-starter to delete whole discussions. That power should be for moderators only.
                            This has been done

2. Consider removing polls altogether. Exactly zero of them have contributed any meaningful information, and they only end up fueling the most argumentative, least productive voices.
                            We'll leave them for now, Steve talked about this in the last stream.

Thanks! This is just the first of many changes.
                            Stacey Conley
                            Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                              This has been done
                              Much obliged.
                              Dueling Flak Cannons
                              We see the shells falling
                              Together, we die

Comment

I'll second the want for avatars, as long as they are custom and not just from a list like they were on the Epic forums. It's much easier to quickly parse who wrote what when there are avatars (and a lot of people use globally-recognised avatars, helps relate across different boards and whatnot).

Another thing is perhaps some way to mark threads that have developer answers in them, or the ability to filter threads to developer posts only? That's something that's available on GOG.com forums and it comes in handy in long threads or after being away for a while and trying to catch up on the most important information.
                                Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                                My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Working...
                                X