Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php?styleid=8 UTDark
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php?styleid=9 UTDarkest

Darker themes added. Please check for visual problems.
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Flak, maybe sticky the threads that sly and i created showing the list of official and community developers. Also +1 for the shoutbox and maybe a section for popular servers for all of UT so people can play on them.
      History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
      UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
      UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
      UT Main Menu Design

Comment

An ignore function for certain users would be great.

/edit: just seen, user Polkadot Cadaver already asked for this feature earlier on

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php?styleid=8 UTDark
          https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php?styleid=9 UTDarkest

Darker themes added. Please check for visual problems.
          Thanks, I'll post in the appropriate thread about those Im using the Darkest one atm. I am wondering if we could get viewer counts turned on so we know how many people are around, its helpful to gauge when the forum will be most active.
          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses View Post
            An ignore function for certain users would be great.

/edit: just seen, user Polkadot Cadaver already asked for this feature earlier on
            Uh, it already exists. Press the user's name, then "Add to Ignore List" (on the left).
            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I wish I could see the dates as DD/MM/YYYY, every time I read them I get confused >_<

Comment

Originally posted by eimiar View Post
                I wish I could see the dates as DD/MM/YYYY, every time I read them I get confused >_<
                Could it just be changed to ISO format? YYYY-MM-DD?

Comment

Enable tags in vbulletin on the PC version.

Comment

this is a far stretch, but maybe adding the unofficial newsreader (NNTP) function to vbulletin.

It is much easier to see what I have read when using a newsreader like thunderbird.

Showing my age....

Now get off my lawn! :P

Comment

Enable the "All" posts option in vbulletin.

I hate having to click last to goto next page.

Been using autopager in firefox.

Comment

Advanced Search -> Search with posts -> Search Single Content Type
                        Choose Show Results as: Posts.

The posts in the search result are cropped which means that I have to look click through each post....

Makes it harder for people to search to see if what they are wanting has already been raised or not.

Comment

Originally posted by laernut View Post
                          UE4 forums have this already, I just posted a few posts.

Plus they also have the option for users to add their own tags to threads that they didn't create.

Comment

Tags were enabled but got disabled to avoid abuse afaIk.
                            S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by laernut View Post
                              We had tags enabled, but they got abused. Some users fail to comprehend that this is a developer forum and not 4chan.

Too funny, Sly posted while I was typing.
                              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                                We had tags enabled, but they got abused. Some users fail to comprehend that this is a developer forum and not 4chan.
                                hmm, I assume there would be ways to have different groups of users.
                                If the user abuses tags, then they get moved into a new group.
                                All users start in this default group and with forum post count they get promoted into another group which has access to tags.
                                It's sad that some core functionality is removed because of users abuse.

It would be hard to manage as anyone can create a new user account. So banning does not help.
                                Could have a separate level of access for people who have paid subscription? These people have paid and have their real name associated with their account through payment details....

Comment

Working...
                                X