X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    [MENTION=1513]Flak[/MENTION]

RSS feed for Activity Stream.

The New Post RSS is great, it gives me new threads, but I miss posts for subscribed threads unless I read them as soon as I get the email notification.

Having an RSS feed which provides every post would fix this issue for me.

I've got a way on my end to filter relevant posts.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Flak
    1) Not sure if Vbulletin has the option, but having a preview button when you are doing a quick reply would be awesome.

2) The default shortcut keys aren't very good, as they use ALT, which gets intercepted by browser (I've tried a few).
    Hover over the "Post Quick Reply" button for example is ALT+S, which is the same as Outlook which is nice, but it doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SAFeSTeR View Post
    I live in the UK and forum posts are date stamped in US format (MM/DD/YYYY) which can be a bit confusing sometimes. Would be great to have the option to display in DD/MM/YYYY or even DD/Month/Year.
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Exactly. Dates are confusing for a global wide perspective. IMO US (and some others) uses the most confusing one (as the mid field changes more frequent). The iso format (YYYY-MM-DD) should be used in general (or being able to select it). The build dates are confusing as well (2/1/2016 which is M/D/YYYY).

And then there's the time . The 00:00 AM/PM problem.
    Yep, ISO format YYYY-MM-DD and 24 hours time for forums and builds.

Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exactly. Dates are confusing for a global wide perspective. IMO US (and some others) uses the most confusing one (as the mid field changes more frequent). The iso format (YYYY-MM-DD) should be used in general (or being able to select it). The build dates are confusing as well (2/1/2016 which is M/D/YYYY).

And then there's the time . The 00:00 AM/PM problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I live in the UK and forum posts are date stamped in US format (MM/DD/YYYY) which can be a bit confusing sometimes. Would be great to have the option to display in DD/MM/YYYY or even DD/Month/Year.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It has been added for a long time already. Just go to "Advanced" mode by editing the first post of the thread.
    Thanks RattleSN4K3, I thought I'd seen it once before, but then didn't see it again.

Typically I don't use advanced on top thread.

Now I know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It has been added for a long time already. Just go to "Advanced" mode by editing the first post of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
    I get that on Chrome, stock android browser on a tablet and Cyanogenmod browser on my mobile.

EDIT: would be cool if thread creators could change the name of their threads at any time. I think RattleSNAKE also requested this on his own thread. My apologies if I'm wrong.
    Yeah this annoys me greatly that as a user you cannot do it. I understand why not, but asking a mod to do it is annoying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
    Flak is it possible to put a system where if you type @Flak or @Steve Polge in the post it will give you a notification.
    Originally posted by laernut View Post
    +1 for this, it'd be great.
    [list][*]Advanced User Tagging (Link)
    Advanced User Tagging is designed to increase activity on your forum by allowing members to mention each other in posts when talking about them.
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Pretty much this. (I'd press the "Like" button, but it doesn't exist yet )
    Could Epic please get this addon: [DBTech] Advanced User Tagging which will enable twitter style @mentions?

Given that Vbulletin is used for all of Epic's forums: UE, UT, Paragon, Spyjinx etc... it would be worth it.

Also, as a lot of the newer people joining will be more familiar with @mentions this request is bound to come up.

Thanks.

EDIT1: Found that this was requested before and +1 by myself in the past....
    Now I've found a plugin.
    EDIT2: When I was looking back through thread to find previous mentions of @mentions I forgot to include RattleSN4K3 and GreatEmerald mentions. I'd actually missed the link in RattleSN4K3 post and went and searched and found [DBTech] Advanced @User Tagging again.....I was using the archive view of the forums as I find it faster to scan through a large list of posts, but you do miss stuff. and was in a rush... whoops.

Copy and paste from their site:

Advanced @User Tagging: What is it?

[I]DragonByte Technologies is proud to present [DBTech] Advanced @User Tagging.

The @user Tagging mod is designed to increase activity on your forum by allowing members to mention each other in posts when talking about them.
    This is done in a very easy way, very similar to how Twitter mentions people. We use @ ; as the tags, so for instance you could say:
    ----
    This new mod from [MENTION=250132]Drag[/MENTION]onbyte Tech; is pretty cool.
    ----
    The
    Last edited by richardboegli; 02-27-2016, 07:56 AM. Reason: EDIT2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    Double post because I'm just that kind of guy.

Some of the small changes to styles has caused this issue on chrome;
    I get that on Chrome, stock android browser on a tablet and Cyanogenmod browser on my mobile.

EDIT: would be cool if thread creators could change the name of their threads at any time. I think RattleSNAKE also requested this on his own thread. My apologies if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 06-07-2015, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get that too NATO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Double post because I'm just that kind of guy.

Some of the small changes to styles has caused this issue on chrome;

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought we could do with some new forum icons;

Available here if you would like them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tidal Blast
    In a near future, I would like the forums to be directly linked to the UT game. On the left under the name of each member, I'd like to see their player card, what contributions they made, what awards they earned, how much influence pts they acquired by being active members, etc.

The Gamercard on Xbox.com forums are a good reference for what I'm trying to describe.

We're hoping to do something very similar!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X