Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Pre Alpha Playable Build Instructions (new build 10/10)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stss View Post
    Also using Linux here, and I have the same problem if I run the game by itself, but joining a server from the launcher puts me into a game and I can still play. Pressing escape brings me back to the blue screen again. Also, all options menus are blank
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7295[/ATTACH]
    It's called "clean UI". It's so clean, you don't even see things. Basically everything works fine for you.

Comment

I have newest release 9-12 and the server browser is showing no servers now. It says idle bottom left side of the screen.

Comment

Just got done playing around in the game for the first time and all I gotta say is WOW and where is the rest. I want more!!!

Comment

Well considering you just spent 7 minutes doing the same jumps off the same lift, I think there's some more for you to discover...

Comment

Is the hit box for shock combos smaller in UT4 than they are in 2k4? Or is it just because I'm having a really hard time getting the mouse to feel right that I keep missing them?

Comment

Originally posted by sneakypoo View Post
              Well considering you just spent 7 minutes doing the same jumps off the same lift, I think there's some more for you to discover...
              Sorry if me just testing the feel of lifts, air combo's and character movement wasn't exciting for you.
              I did post that it was the first time I have played this version of Unreal and was trying to see how the game felt.

Comment

You need to use the in game browser from now on unless they work something out with the creator of the Desktop Server Browser

Comment

Anyone else only seeing like one server? Why do I only see one server now?

Comment

Thx for the Win32 Client, but it isn't working for me.

"Not a Valid Win32 application"

Windows XP Service pack 3
                    Last edited by Heroics; 09-13-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

on the new alpha build. I want to host a multiplayer server witch I can do. my question is how do I find out what the ip is so others can join for testing?
                      AKA TwocensT

Comment

I can't dodge right... like, it just doesn't work.. (left, forward, backwards do)
                        It wouldn't bind "Right" to the "D" button, it kept getting reset to blank, had to edit the .ini file.
                        Now "D" is bound to move right, but won't dodge..
                        Other than that and some dimensions in maps that are off i say yeeeh freakin haw
                        Oh, also, sound comes from everywhere, can't pinpoint where it's coming from.
                        And no DoubleJump/DodgeJump?
                        GJ Dev's, keep it comin

Comment

I hear you guys made the 100 armor 150, and the 50 armor 100... I'm not even going to waste time downloading this build, because it's clearly not worth my time. Fix this **** in the next build.
                          Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
                          MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
                          Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
                            I hear you guys made the 100 armor 150, and the 50 armor 100... I'm not even going to waste time downloading this build, because it's clearly not worth my time. Fix this **** in the next build.
                            What! Not worth downloading? Are you on crack? Its way better then old values.
                            Join the community Facebook page
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Is there a general feedback thread somewhere, organized by build? Just gave UT4 my first try, mostly by running around in empty maps (the 9/12 build).
                              Some thoughts after my first impression:

- Awesome to be able to play this! I've been waiting for a new UT for ages!
                              - I often appear to be unable to move at the start of the match or after adjusting something in the settings. Only when I shoot, I am able to move again.
                              - Really had to unlearn the double jump and adjust expectations on which height I could reach.
                              - The sniper rifle leaves no decals in the wall and floor, so no telling where you hit.
                              - Actually like the possibility of the one-button dodge. Finally allows easy forward dodging, should make spectators less motion-sick as well.
                              - The FPS on my pc are worse than I thought. Even on these clean maps. Especially in the castle map with about 10 players in a sea of explosions and projectiles I really couldn't tell what hit me. Is this game heavier on RAM or the videocard? Does it already support dual video cards?
                              - One time in face, when I jumped down from the redeemer and used the shield secondary to see if that would lessen the fall-damage, the shieldgun somehow got stuck and continued firing, until I clicked my mouse again.
                              - When I died while using feign dead, I was still in third person after respawning. By feigning dead again, and snapping out of that, it returned to first person view.

Comment

Originally posted by Heliosje View Post
                                Is there a general feedback thread somewhere, organized by build?
                                https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ate-2014-09-12

You tried to find one?

Comment

Working...
                                X