Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Pre Alpha Playable Build Instructions (new build 10/10)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament Pre Alpha Playable Build Instructions (new build 10/10)

The forum post describing how to install the UT pre-alpha playable build is only visible to signed in forum members in the Top Secret Members Only forum. Unreal Tournament is still very early in development, so the build is incomplete, buggy, full of placeholder art and therefore is not in any way representative of the ultimate vision for the game. You really shouldn't play it now! We’ve made it available to Unreal Tournament forum members so they can try the game out and offer constructive feedback on these forums, or maybe even jump in and start contributing.

We put a new build up on 10/10/2014

If you are signed in to the forum, click HERE to go to the Top Secret (shhhhh) post.
    Last edited by RZE; 10-10-2014, 03:23 PM. Reason: fixed release dates
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Originally posted by Flak View Post
    The forum post describing how to install the UT pre-alpha playable build is only visible to signed in forum members in the Top Secret Members Only forum. Unreal Tournament is still very early in development, so the build is incomplete, buggy, full of placeholder art and therefore is not in any way representative of the ultimate vision for the game. You really shouldn't play it now! We’ve made it available to Unreal Tournament forum members so they can try the game out and offer constructive feedback on these forums, or maybe even jump in and start contributing.

If you are signed in to the forum, click HERE to go to the Top Secret (shhhhh) post.
    Let me be the first to say:

Comment

I don't have super secret access to post on the super secret forum section

But other than this it's nice to see a section dedicated for feedback

Q. does this mean Epic will release and handle ALL of the playtest builds? usually if we wanted to test the latest comits or some random custom content we'd just do it... how's this going to work now?

Comment

All registered users should have access to it, is that not the case?
        Stacey Conley
        -----------------------------
        Unreal Tournament Community Manager
        Epic Games, Inc.
        Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Wow does this mean I am in super secret club ! I am downloading the game now, its going very slow 160 kb/sec

I hope you guys keep us updated weekly or something that would be cool.
          Maybe every friday you upload newest build , also is this version compatabile with raxxy's servers I sure hope it is!

Comment

Come to #beyondunreal on irc.globalgamers.net for servers.

I can see the secret forum, but I can't post in it.
            Last edited by TheWhiteDragon; 08-19-2014, 02:25 PM.
            BeyondUnreal Podcast
            r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
              I can see the secret forum, but I can't post in it.
              yeah, same here its locked! I hope they will add some kind of feeback forums or bug report so we can comment

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                Wow does this mean I am in super secret club ! I am downloading the game now, its going very slow 160 kb/sec

I hope you guys keep us updated weekly or something that would be cool.
                Maybe every friday you upload newest build , also is this version compatabile with raxxy's servers I sure hope it is!
                It's compatible. RushPL even slapped together a sexy looking launcher to assist in the connection duties for the time being.

Comment

Epic > *

No other developer comes close to how awesome you guys are!
                  Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                  "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                  Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Well this is great news!
                    Last edited by xios; 08-19-2014, 02:33 PM.
                    irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

UT its a very Greate Game i hope comming now 2014/2015 Beta Phase

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                        It's compatible. RushPL even slapped together a sexy looking launcher to assist in the connection duties for the time being.
                        And where can we find this launcher? All I noticed was a small splash screen that closed so fast I couldn't see anything, and then the game launched. I doubt that's the launcher you're referring to

Edit: Nevermind, saw the launcher link in the IRC channel (https://ut.rushbase.net/rush/UTLauncher)
                        Last edited by DDRRE; 08-19-2014, 02:45 PM.
                        Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                        "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                        Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Even tho i'm a ue4 subscriber, thank you Epic for the standalone builds and thank you to Raxxy for the server browser and servers. Now we have all the tools to do some serious play-testing! hoohah!
                          Rawr1234 on Unreal Tournament play-test servers and IRC!

Comment

I registered just for access, but I'll certainly stick around for discussion and feedback.

I really love this entire approach. I want to see the best, most successful UT4 possible

I'll hop on IRC at some point too. Thank you Epic and thank you to the dev. community.

Comment

Woot! Yay! Thanks, Epic!
                              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
                              X