UTLauncher Feedback Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTLauncher Feedback Thread

UTLauncher is a standalone application to join some UNOFFICIAL UT4 servers (server list maintained by me and raxxy)

Latest version available always here: https://ut.rushbase.net/rush/UTLauncher

Source code at https://github.com/CodeCharmLtd/UTLauncher - I welcome stars if you like it

Screenshots
    Linux/KDE:

Windows:

Mac OSX:

How to join with editor?
    Set up editor paths in Settings, right click on server and click "Play (Editor)"

Planned features:
    * Friends list and notifications
    * Themes (currently adapts to system themes)
    * Static Linux build (static toolchain?)
    * Server filtering (when more servers are available)

UT logo by HenrikRyosa (I hope it's ok I used it), proper in-application credits will be implemented later
    Last edited by RushPL; 09-11-2014, 05:41 PM.
    UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
    ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Just wanted to say THANK YOU. This is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
      * Mac build (volunteers?)
      Sure, if you can tell me what I need to do Just PN me or shox @ #beyondunreal
      (I have XCode and get the basics of compiling code... but I'm not a C++ wizard :| )

Also I don't know if the server list is dynamic now, but that would be my No1 wish if not. No updating, just pulling from a website to get the current list of active servers. I can help on that side as well if necessary.

And yes, I second that, thank you very much for your effort!

Comment

Spec doesnt seem to be working

Comment

I think the player count is wrong also, sometimes there are servers with like 8/2 players and when I join there are 5 players. Really nice to have this though, I hate copy/pasting IPs

Comment

I love this thing. The ability to check to see your fave server population without having the full client running is great.
            http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

chumb0 brings up a great topic, this would also be a nice feature for the full version! I also like how BF4 did it. Open a browser window that then spawns the game. Needed a little getting used to but it's so good. Everyone has a browser open and knows how to use it. It's easy to code and light on resources.

I would not use it a replacement for in-game UI as BF4 does, but as a casual launcher / server monitor / social gathering place -> ACE!

Comment

Originally posted by shox View Post
                chumb0 brings up a great topic, this would also be a nice feature for the full version! I also like how BF4 did it. Open a browser window that then spawns the game. Needed a little getting used to but it's so good. Everyone has a browser open and knows how to use it. It's easy to code and light on resources.

I would not use it a replacement for in-game UI as BF4 does, but as a casual launcher / server monitor / social gathering place -> ACE!
                Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                  Spec doesnt seem to be working
                  Spec is broken right now (with the game, not UTL) it's known :>

Comment

Works well, couple of suggestions though.

Change the colour of the program icon, the white icon disappears on the white background of windows explorer.
                    Can you add a button to launch the game without joining a server?

Comment

BF4 requires you to install browser plug-ins, I'm not a fan of that.

Comment

Sure, if you can tell me what I need to do Just PN me or shox @ #beyondunreal
                        (I have XCode and get the basics of compiling code... but I'm not a C++ wizard :| )
                        Unfortunately I am not a Mac wizard and would have no experience how to tell you what to do. :/

Also I don't know if the server list is dynamic now, but that would be my No1 wish if not. No updating, just pulling from a website to get the current list of active servers. I can help on that side as well if necessary.
                        It is dynamic in a way, UTL calls home on startup. We can add/remove servers on demand. There is no master server though and there will be none until Epic creates one (Epic doesn't want third party master server). When there is one, UTLauncher will use it.
                        Last edited by RushPL; 08-20-2014, 05:52 AM.
                        UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
                        ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Originally posted by chumb0 View Post
                          I love this thing. The ability to check to see your fave server population without having the full client running is great.
                          Didn't the "All-Seeing Eye" do this back in the olden-days?
                          Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                          "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                          Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by DDRRE View Post
                            Didn't the "All-Seeing Eye" do this back in the olden-days?
                            Yep! The nostalgia of using the launcher and thinking of ASE is great =D Had a buddy system, filters, all kinds!

Something lightweight like that is perfect IMO.

Comment

Oh please no! I will not enjoy this if the full version has anything to do with starting the game from a browser. It's adding wasted resources to keep a browser open and plagued with plugins and just feels cheap, messy, unintuitive, unpolished no matter how fancy or robust it is. I don't know how else to explain why I don't like browser launchers/servers or what the psychological or factual evidence is as to why? I guess other than alt-tabbing to change servers..But I do know personally from my own experience with BF3/4 I would not like to see UT ever go down this route because it creates a disconnect from the game. Keep it clean, keep it in the game, please! However if you have a server browser in game AND a choice to use a browser I would be okay with that, as long as I can still access everything from within the game.
                              Last edited by Esula; 08-20-2014, 06:06 AM.
                              [Concept] Impact Hammer: Alternative Fire
                              [Concept] Game Mode: Infiltration

Comment

Working...
                              X