Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] 0.1.10 Update posted 4/18/2017

New update available! 4/18/2017 - 0.1.10

Unreal Tournament is available through the Epic Launcher for Windows and Mac clients.
    Last edited by Flak; 05-16-2017, 09:17 AM.
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Nice - Thanks

The updates seem to becoming more regular - which is definitely a good thing!

Edit: The link to the release notes right at the bottom of the blog post has some additional HTML so it doesn't work properly.
    Last edited by Smurgl; 04-18-2017, 12:05 PM.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

• Removed hidden weapons option in favor of lowered position options.What does that even mean?

Comment

*EDIT*

The duel changes look great, especially the decrease in weapon spawn time, but what exactly does "No power ups in Duel" mean? Does this mean no belt or armors, in addition to no udamage?
        Last edited by legionz; 04-18-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

We need to be able to disable weapon bob if you are forcing weapon models.
          PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
            We need to be able to disable weapon bob if you are forcing weapon models.
            How will you know you're walking if your weapon isn't violently bobbing up and down?

Comment

Just downloading the last patch. Watched the video from Zaccubus aswell and judging by it I like the changes so far. I just hope weapon bobbing is toned down a bit. Right now they seem a bit too "dancy".

Comment

Some initial thoughts:

- While I wasn't a fan of removing hidden weapons initially, the very low options serve well enough, and I can see myself getting used to them.

- The new mesh on the GL looks nice. I think it has some work to go in terms of reducing its spamminess but I'm getting used to seeing it on the roster.

- Not sure how I feel yet on the mini windup. If it helps in the long run with players randomly melting an entire stack with poor accuracy using the primary fire, I guess I could live with it, though the mini still largely feels like a weapon without much impact.
                - The "nerf" to flak's fire rate (a 0.05 sec increase, I believe) doesn't really solve the issues it has had in previous builds. It does ridiculous damage over range because of the lack of damage dropoff. The high fire rate means that players will often literally just hold W and Mouse 1 and chase you down with it. Even if their accuracy is garbage and only a few shards hit, it shoots so fast that it doesn't take very long to get a kill with it. Not to mention that it only takes a few shards striking to impact the player's movement, making defensive dodging harder and making spammy followup shots for the flak user all the easier. And of course, the increased ammo capacity will only encourage these behaviors. Imo, I think its fire rate should be reverted to the original form, damage somewhat increased, and ammo count returned to previous levels.

- What in the world are going on with bots this build? I've had my issues with them before, but after playing some DMs with them I never want to touch botmatch again. On Skilled and above, their accuracy with link secondary is ludicrous, and it almost seems like their primary fire never overheats. Overall, their efficacy with this weapon is disproportionately higher than with other weapons. Not too mention they've taken to spamming certain fire modes like tri rox and mini alt even more. In the case of the mini alt, for something supposedly designed for "long range suppression", bots sure love using it as their go-to fire mode on Stinger. And considering how much DPS it can do with little accuracy, I can't say I blame them.

- The tutorial videos playing while the map loads are a nice idea (might help newcomers pick up trans in CTF, for instance) but they don't seem to be disabled even after you've watched them once, nor does there seem to be a way to turn them off. Not to mention: I'm level 50, I think I know the basics of deathmatch by this point.

- (edit) Thanks again for reverting the dodge change last build, it all feels buttery smooth again (minus the annoying movement punch from getting hit by just a few flak shards)

Comment

Originally posted by Astech View Post
                  • Removed hidden weapons option in favor of lowered position options.What does that even mean?
                  In previous builds, you could play with hidden weapons (i.e., they were invisible) so that you'd have less stuff blocking your vision. This has been removed and replaced with a low and very low option that reduce the amount of screen real estate your weapons take up.

Comment

Removing hidden weapons is some kind of late april fool's joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by theo87 View Post
                      Removing hidden weapons is some kind of late april fool's joke right?
                      I only hope

Comment

okay this build feels much better to play - fps is better and the game feels more fluid

I cant comment on weapon balance yet, the only thing bothering me atm is that the HUD is too busy
                        constant flashing and changing of colors distracts and it makes me look at the corners of my screen instead of center

also level load times are much improved, nice job on that as well - I would just remove the loading videos playing
                        Last edited by Furma; 04-18-2017, 02:59 PM.
                        || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Originally posted by RodrigoBelacruz3 View Post

In previous builds, you could play with hidden weapons (i.e., they were invisible) so that you'd have less stuff blocking your vision. This has been removed and replaced with a low and very low option that reduce the amount of screen real estate your weapons take up.
                          Sorry man, just realised the question was wrong. What i ment was are there any benefits for the players or devs? is it easier to fix some isues maybe? A coding problem or something similar?
                          So what was the reason to remove it in the first place?
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Some people really seem to exaggurate over the removal of option "hidden"... It was changed for everyone, we're all on the same page, nobody has an advantage. Like it? Good for you. Don't like it? Don't play if it really bothers you that much.
                            You should know that if epic wants to make something out of the game and attract more players, the option will have to be added eventually.

Personally I never even considered changing weapon positioning and always just left it as it was set by default, but I gave it a try today and set it to lower right. For some reason I really like it. It gives that "sleek" feeling to the weapons and as far as I am concerned, it's great. Will keep on playing like this

Comment

Apparently I'll be happy at last

Comment

Working...
                              X