Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flak.....

Flak Cannon
    • Increased Flak primary fire interval 0.75s->0.8s.
    • Increased Flak Cannon max ammo 24->32.
    you have to be kidding me, another buff...at least it got slowed down a bit, it's overpowered now and abused by almost every player, especially new ones because it requires such little skill to kill with. the dev's need to try and run O in ctf with 3, 4 and even 5 players chasing you just spamming flak.
    There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Increasing an interval means slowing it down.

Comment

I'm pretty sure problem of flak power is not the speed of it shooting, it's pretty easy to hit with that, that's the problem. Maybe, there should be some kind of a delay shot (e.g. rocket launcher) but flak shoots instantly and has huge hitbox. Here is vid of the example what do I mean. I think making weapon harder to hit makes it more balanced. Shooting speed is not a problem we are looking for in my opinion.

Comment

I think he got that. But I'm also not happy with the current Flak Cannon. It's too much "hold down the trigger" while it should be more like "think about when you want to pull the trigger" - at least that's my opinion. I have no problem with it being strong, but you should be vulnerable if you miss.
        inUnreal.de - german Unreal Tournament Fansite

Comment

The flak is beyond absurd right now. The spread needs to be tightened, more damage falloff, and back to the old firing rate 2 builds ago. The gun is just wayyyyy too spam-able and easy to hit with right now. It's breaking CTF and ELIM with this balance.
          Ðarth|UA|
          Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

the shards seem gigantic... don't think rof or dmg changes will fix the problem

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4W6rKsheYo[/youtube]

Comment

It's bad. It's particularly bad because it's so easy to hit. The max damage isn't that absurd, it's just very likely any given player in any given situation will be able to achieve it.

I'm somewhat curious where the idea to increase the ammo came from. "I use the flak so much and I'm always running out of ammo"? "We're slowing down the fire rate marginally, better give people more ammo to compensate"?
              Last edited by pb.; 04-18-2017, 10:38 PM.
              Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

flak is in a bad spot still but im sure at some point the devs will find the sweet spot

Comment

Let's face it : players have been blaming ut4 flak primary fire since almost the beginning of the development. I don't understand. In every other fps with a shotgun, there is no problem : moderate damage/spread and point collision (bullets vs shards)

​​We could say the same for rockets...
                  Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                  https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                  http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                  Discord PUG Community

Comment

Flak should be a shotgun, now it's something else, it fires way too fast.
                    I wish they would take the flak gun of 2 builds back and then decrease the damage a bit and it would be fine.
                    Also I still don't like the speed of the rockets. Speed should be increased slightly, tri-rox remains **** and should be removed.

On the other hand, build feels smooth somehow, did they change gamespeed, can't find it in the release notes?

Comment

I honestly don't see it as too much of a problem.
                      :|

Comment

I'd personally like to see the flak as very powerful, but very slow-firing weapon... So I'd conversely propose upping the damage slightly (if I am not mistaken, then max damage was dropped to 103 from 125; bring it back to 125) ... but halving the firing rate (yes, 1.6 seconds between shots). So you can single-shot fairly unarmored targets at close distances, but you better make sure you hit the mark, or you make yourself very vulnerable for a bit.

I also don't see much of a problem with rockets - the slow speed makes them fairly easy to dodge in most instances, but if someone is not paying attention, they'll explode.

I tend to see the link gun as the easiest/spammiest one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                          Increasing an interval means slowing it down.
                          .at least it got slowed down a bit (from original post)

I just always thought of flack as a great finisher weapon. as it stands now, its a start to finish for a lot of players.
                          There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Comment

Originally posted by Rheia Ionan View Post
                            I'd personally like to see the flak as very powerful, but very slow-firing weapon... So I'd conversely propose upping the damage slightly (if I am not mistaken, then max damage was dropped to 103 from 125; bring it back to 125) ... but halving the firing rate (yes, 1.6 seconds between shots).
                            This could also be a good solution. It would allow for those crazy last second, instant flag returns in CTF without making them so easy to achieve.

It could viably exist as:

1. A low damage, easy to hit, rapid fire spam weapon.
                            2. A high damage, easy to hit (but penalized for missing), low fire rate weapon.
                            3. A high damage, difficult to hit, medium fire rate weapon.

Right now it's a high damage, rapid fire, easy to hit weapon. This is where the complaints come from.
                            Last edited by pb.; 04-19-2017, 02:11 PM.
                            Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Originally posted by pb. View Post

It could be viably exist as:

1. A low damage, easy to hit, rapid fire spam weapon.
                              2. A high damage, easy to hit (but penalized for missing), low fire rate weapon.
                              3. A high damage, difficult to hit, medium fire rate weapon.
                              Totally! Great suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X