X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why no performance optimisations?

Comment

I'll pass this update.

I was hoping that (after so many complaints) hidden weapons will be restored. No hidden weapons, but redeemer is tweaked. I read majority of posts with thousands of good suggestions and we ended up with redeemer firing change.

Go figure
      Last edited by TectPyh; 05-16-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

LogPackageContent: Publishing: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
        LogPackageContent: Publishing:
        BUILD FAILED

Thanks Epic - business as usual I see: wasting my time. My time. Me.

Can you please fix it so that when I run a complete lighting build and map build, your own engine doesn't flaking die like an old Labrador, before curling up into a ball and peeing on my rug?

Jeez, I take a day off to make changes to the map that your community has given me, made recordings, reviewed the recordings in slow motion, timed responses on jumps, provided feedback out of their day, and then you completely screw it up with an engine that cannot compile and ship a map!

Sort it out, and email me directly when your engine can compile 87 brushes and 34 static meshes without having a fit.
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

First person dodge animation comes off a bit too strong. People who play this game often will dodge frequently, and it looks like I'm constantly waving. Personally I think that hand-balancing gesture would look natural during a wall dodge than a AA or DD dodge.

Comment

Hidden weapons needs to be put back in! It si absurd to remove it from an arena fps!!! And other weapon position needs tweaks! Also, proper ultrawide support is needed, this cutout option is a no no!
            Last edited by enioentity; 05-16-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
              It was said in the video that it was because newbies were accidentally firing it.
              smh. proves they could care less about the old school players or "community" when they worry about a newb not knowing how to fire a weapon that has been that way since day one. whatev's.
              I have always been an online CTF player. So fun. I used to build maps back in the 99' days. They can be downloaded here.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch mitchell View Post
                logpackagecontent: Publishing: Program.main: Automationtool exiting with exitcode=1 (error_unknown)
                logpackagecontent: Publishing:
                build failed

thanks epic - business as usual i see: Wasting my time. my time. me.

Can you please fix it so that when i run a complete lighting build and map build, your own engine doesn't flaking die like an old labrador, before curling up into a ball and peeing on my rug?

Jeez, i take a day off to make changes to the map that your community has given me, made recordings, reviewed the recordings in slow motion, timed responses on jumps, provided feedback out of their day, and then you completely screw it up with an engine that cannot compile and ship a map!

Sort it out, and email me directly when your engine can compile 87 brushes and 34 static meshes without having a fit.
                speaking of having a fit xd
                CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Just some quick feedback on some of the major changes in the build:

- Flak Cannon due the shard size adjustment is now feeling better than it probably ever has (no suprise here), however I get the feeling Flak is turning out to be perhaps too extremely nerfed in medium-long range (I think when you keep getting mostly single digits dmg or perhaps 15 dmg or so tops then things have gone a bit too extreme, especially as it's much harder to score hits due the smaller shard sizing that enforcer in comparison would feel overpowered on medium-long range). I'd suggest from here try:
                  • Reduced Flak shard starting radius 40->36. instead changed to ->30
                  • Increased Flak shard radius reduction rate 150->450 instead changed to ->300~350
                  • Slightly buff the falloff damage
                  • Very slightly increase the speed of flak 2ndary ball (primary fire is still mostly preferred due its much greater speed, and the ball is travelling pretty slow compared to past UTs making it pretty useless other than close range)
                  Then I'd believe we'd have a very nice Flak but already now I get the feeling, YES! we're getting there so that's refreshing to feel like that. The shard sizing has been the obvious issue and damage/fall off dmg ratios have been nerfed to oblivion because of it and starts needing adjustment due that. The spread is somewhat on the larger side which partly also makes it not very effective on range, it definitelly cannot be more bigger, it possibly could be slightly tighter to make it slightly more effective on medium range especially.

- The sound changes:
                  • In general the "ducking" needs work, it's often a bit too extreme leading to much varying sound levels depending on what is being played and leads to too much inconsistency in the sound
                  • Flak reload sound sounds okay, however the volume levels/ducking makes the firing sound often disappear into rest of the sounds, it needs to stick out better when firing. I believe sound levels in the previous build were pretty okay, it got more silent, less "punchy" in this build and that's probably the reason it disappears kinda.
                  • What should be used as reference that sounds great (volume levels, punchiness etc) is Enforcer and Shock Rifle. Those are just spot-on IMO right now.
                  • Incoming Rockets are much easier heard, really pleased currently with the ability to notice incoming rockets. When firing rockets then the volume is still somewhat low, but I'm pretty neutral on that as it's nice to also be able to hear something else than just the weapon being fired...
                  • Hopefully stinger minigun is being reconsidered, apart from having identity crisis, the sound also is among the worst of the bunch and really could be spiced up bigtime, especially the 2ndary fire sound is just so disappointing overall.
                  Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 05-17-2017, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post
                    speaking of having a fit xd
                    Well duh, I had just spent an entire day working on a map which members of the community wanted to play, so yeah - I will have a fit when the community is let down through no fault of my own 'sir.

Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Played it for a decent amount now, just some quick feedback:

- Redeemer: this change made the whole thing MORE complicated, not less. Not sure how beginners are supposed to know that you have options after launch and how to execute them, especially in a frantic shooter. Completely disagree with the reasoning and the effect.

- Dodge hand animation: I like the idea of those hand motions, but they don't really seem to fit the sudden movements of a dodge. And they happen a little too frequently, especially since there's no variety.

- Weapon changes: I like the new Flak sounds and it feels slightly better balanced. Nice new Lightning Gun firing effect! And thank god the Rocket loading sound is back.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

hahaha with every patch they add some terrible things, now redeemer xD srly devs are killing this game before launch on purpose

Comment

How is the new flak? Only change important to me. Redeemer? I don't even have a bind to select it. You noobs! ☺️
                          Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                          https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                          http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                          Discord PUG Community

Comment

Originally posted by UnamericanRobot View Post
                            And why are the Redeemer fire modes both guided? I liked it so much better when primary fire was non-guided, and secondary fire was guided.

I'd like to have a good reason here, developers.
                            The reason was that new players found it confusing and used mainly the primary fire mode instead. I mean common Epic will you give us aimbot if the new players don't know where to shoot? Make them learn don't pamper them! Epic promised UT DNA! How is removing primary fire UT DNA?
                            Last edited by G1nst3r1; 05-17-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I feel sorry for the developers with you lot constantly moaning.

Can you see it from other people's points of view sometimes? It is completely plausible that a new player might nuke themselves with the redeemer, it's not like it's a weapon you use often.

Most of us are experienced players, if you can't deal with a few control changes then UT is the last thing you need to be worrying about.

Comment

Originally posted by Andelusion View Post
                                I feel sorry for the developers with you lot constantly moaning.
                                If you do not want feedback, do not ask for it.
                                Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X