0.1.11 Update posted 5/16/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- flak seems to be much better now
    - what's the point of flailing left hand? It is really just taking up the screen space. Weapons are already big enough.
    - hit registration seems to be really bad on projectiles, however I hadn't seen (or just maybe not noticed) that happen to hitscan weapons lately (just an observation, I might be wrong)
    - I really miss the 3-2-1 voice countdown during halftime (even though this was already gone in previous build). It really alerts you that match is starting and to get ready.
    Last edited by DarkSideCookie; 05-18-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

File the "New Redeemer functionality" update under if it ain't broke, don't fix it - along with removing grenades from the RL etc... and Blitz is a garbage idea and a garbage game mode. STOP FOCUSING ON IT, IT'S A WASTE OF TIME

Comment

I'm so excited for this game, but I got some feedback to offer after the last patch. I really dislike the dodge hand animation. I think it looks a little 'off' for a game like Unreal Tournament. UT has always strayed away from realistic physics (thus Unreal lol). Please provide us an option to disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by boNz View Post
          everyone complaining about hidden weapons and they come up with more distracting hand/weapons anims... speechless
          +1

to keep it simple: whatever you plan regarding effects/visuals/weapon optic/hud components and every other thing concerning your own character and inventory --> please make it 100% adjustable. this means for example scaling of everything + colors + on/off at all.
          people will love you for simply having the choice. who plays for the fun of it and likes great graphic aspects will enable a lot of stuff and care for it. contrary to this, people with low hardware specs and i think the very most of the competitive orientated players don't want to be forced in a firework of effects and distracting stuff.

also: the movement is still a little bit to slow.

a few people talking about combo damage --> keep the value for moved combos, reduce the indicator for stand still combos. this makes a huge difference while playing i guess.

is there a list of what features/developments etc. are planned to work on/implement or are already discarded? since i see many recurrent comments in the forums this may be a way to keep the communication on a higher level.

i for myself would like to see a huge statistics database of all players, doesn't matter if ingame or via webpage.

i basicall agree to folks beeing sceptical about making blitz the "main game mode".in my eyes the game is/was very successfull with ctf and tdm.

anyway, thanks for the update and all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
            Just some quick feedback on some of the major changes in the build:

- Flak Cannon due the shard size adjustment is now feeling better than it probably ever has (no suprise here), however I get the feeling Flak is turning out to be perhaps too extremely nerfed in medium-long range (I think when you keep getting mostly single digits dmg or perhaps 15 dmg or so tops then things have gone a bit too extreme, especially as it's much harder to score hits due the smaller shard sizing that enforcer in comparison would feel overpowered on medium-long range). I'd suggest from here try:
            • Reduced Flak shard starting radius 40->36. instead changed to ->30
            • Increased Flak shard radius reduction rate 150->450 instead changed to ->300~350
            • Slightly buff the falloff damage
            • Very slightly increase the speed of flak 2ndary ball (primary fire is still mostly preferred due its much greater speed, and the ball is travelling pretty slow compared to past UTs making it pretty useless other than close range)
            Then I'd believe we'd have a very nice Flak but already now I get the feeling, YES! we're getting there so that's refreshing to feel like that. The shard sizing has been the obvious issue and damage/fall off dmg ratios have been nerfed to oblivion because of it and starts needing adjustment due that. The spread is somewhat on the larger side which partly also makes it not very effective on range, it definitelly cannot be more bigger, it possibly could be slightly tighter to make it slightly more effective on medium range especially.[/LIST]
            The whole point is to make the flak close combat again, and thus more suited to arena duels, DM and TDM, not as an all purpose all powerful both close mid AND long range weapon!
            The above points a good for the balance of the game

Comment

lol they remove forum from game site because they know players dont like this UT and theres too much criticizm

Comment

I've played this build after a few months hiatus. The recent flak changes made me hopeful.

That said, I don't think enough people are asking this question; What happened to the movement?

1) Strafe feels like you're constantly stuck in the mud
                2) If you dodge in a certain direction and strafe in another direction on landing, it pauses/slows down for what it feels like 200ms~400ms. WHY?? Dodge is already predictable enough!

I heavily rely on strafe when engaging combat, the slowness/overall lack of responsiveness just makes it useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Armorfist View Post
                  I don't think enough people are asking this question; What happened to the movement?

1) Strafe feels like you're constantly stuck in the mud
                  Movement
                  I agree with quote. This is really annoying for me as well. So muddy ! This change introduced 2 builds before was supposed to solve the ADAD spam.
                  Problem with ADAD spam was not the character movement but the character animation which was totally crazy and unrealistic.

Also, I have noticed more fluidity between a dodge followed by a jump. To go further, I'd propose to be able to press JUMP before touching the ground (as in Quake) and why not keeping the momentum.

Weapons wise:
                  - Flak primary seems much better
                  - Flak secondary damage seems too high
                  - Rocket are still annopying as hell. Please reduce the rocket size. Then we'll see if speed has to be increased.
                  - Minigun : not very fun for me, I would prefer a reduced delay before fire and also less damage
                  Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                  https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                  http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                  Discord PUG Community

Comment

Just played an instagib match, and I felt like I was dropping frames or the performance was bad for some reason, but what I was actually seeing was the new shock rifle screen shake effect. Now whenever you shoot, the FOV momentarily changes, but it's so quick, it feels like a stutter. And especially during an instagib match where you're constantly firing, the screen hitching is driving me completely crazy!

There are very few things in FPS games I despise more than screen shake/view bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashun View Post
                      Just played an instagib match, and I felt like I was dropping frames or the performance was bad for some reason, but what I was actually seeing was the new shock rifle screen shake effect. Now whenever you shoot, the FOV momentarily changes, but it's so quick, it feels like a stutter. And especially during an instagib match where you're constantly firing, the screen hitching is driving me completely crazy!

There are very few things in FPS games I despise more than screen shake/view bob.
                      This is easily compensated with balancing hand on the screen, you just need to wave it more often and faster.

Comment

Hi
                        I'm pretty old here. I remember unfinished Outpost and no Launcher. Sorry but I won't post any feedback anymore. I'm out. I already deleted ut and other stuff. It's just useless and waste of time. However earlier it was lot of fun and thanks for that everyone.
                        See you later some day.

Total_Eclipse/MANIAK07

PS Special thanks for barsam2a and drwal. I could always count on you.

Last edited by Total_Eclipse.; 05-19-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAK07 View Post
                          Hi
                          I'm pretty old here. I remember unfinished Outpost and no Launcher. Sorry but I won't post any feedback anymore. I'm out. I already deleted ut and other stuff. It's just useless and waste of time. However earlier it was lot of fun and thanks for that everyone.
                          See you later some day.

Total_Eclipse/MANIAK07

PS Special thanks for barsam2a and drwal. I could always count on you.
                          A pity that you're leaving, hope to see you back in a couple of months.
                          Last edited by barsam2a; 05-19-2017, 03:07 PM.
                          WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                          Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

I spoke too soon; every weapon now has a screen shake/zoom effect when firing. Why?

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing that tri-rox is capped at 100 damage? But pretty much always hits for 100 damage?
                              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Sniper needs a huge nerf or this game is dead. People just stand around in CTF sniping all game and get #1 score and win.

Comment

Working...
                                X