Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    +1 for sniper damage reduced.
    I agree with headshot damage 125, more skill oriented, but normal damage should decrease in my view.
    Sometimes it is like a counterstrike manhunt, with awp in all corners, whether they are 5 m away or the opposite side of the map.
    I don t feel like skill is 100% accuracy oriented. Some players have better pixel chasing accuracy. This automatically places them no 1 when they get the rifle.
    In real life, a sniper prepares a week for a single deadly shot and is a camouflage master, staying for hours and days without eating, sleeping, moving. Unreal is "unreal/fantastic shooter" but nevertheless...
    I also feel like moving sniper should have hitbox hitting chances decreased. Constant headshots from snipers while they jump boost a ramp and look at you 0.1 is annoying after a while.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Might have to change your name to RPSWiZ4RD...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
    Yeah, so just to reconfirm. Flak is just too weak now. I've been playing a bit of UT2004 and UT3 again lately, and the difference is night and day. Its defo been tweaked too far - there has to be a middle ground.
    The problem is the HUGE nerf to fall off dmg ratio, it's been nerfed range-wise way more than any past UTs while I'd still say for point-blank range it's the most effective Flak due its easy to hit ratio due larger shard sizing (+ due ping compensation, movement settings etc). The weapon still needs very slight nerf to point blank (slightly smaller shard sizing still at the start of the shot while keeping the fall off size reducement roughly the same or possibly even increase very slightly bit at the end of the shards lifetime) but also slightly buff mid-long range effectivity (boost to fall off ratio slightly). When the weapon keeps most of the time delivering 5 ~ 20 dmg on a bit longer ranges it went a bit too far, 15 ~ 35 typical median dmg values on medium-long range (when you hit that is, not all shots fired will be hits due its random spread/small collision on long range) is roughly where I'd like it at minimum to feel it's balanced.

It's important IMO to not saturate the weapon's intended range too much, it should be noticeable yes, but when it's overdone it impacts gameplay negatively due the fact that there is player and weapon spawn points and you spawn at various places and if you spawn near flak for example and face a sniper or shock player on a place of the map where it's hard to get close up for example, then the gameplay becomes too "luck"/random dependant, there should always be a "reasonable" chance for a win, say 30% as opposed to say 10% or less when those scenarios happen (now talking as if both players are of equal skill).
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 06-26-2017, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, so just to reconfirm. Flak is just too weak now. I've been playing a bit of UT2004 and UT3 again lately, and the difference is night and day. Its defo been tweaked too far - there has to be a middle ground.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cunni View Post
    Hallelujah !!
    ?
    10 characters

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tripple rockets replaced by grenades
    +1!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hallelujah !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cant wait for the next update. So excited. I bet there are gona be weapon,movement changes,charcters to choose,meshed maps and new ones,better network code and some other impressive thing that Epic has up their slive. Go goEpic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I quite enjoy the 24 man version that's been on one of the EU servers quite regularly in this build. It feels very casual and a nice warm up for other game types, but it shouldn't be the focus of the weapon balance. When you're playing once a week or so then it's enough to try to get a bit of aim back and still have a bit of an effect (and game-mode things to learn too).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic is really betting big on Blitz to base weapon changes around the mode. I just don't see the appeal in the mode and I think its foolish to believe it will be some huge hit or even popular enough to warrant tweaking weapons around it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've played a bit more of Blitz and I can see why the overheat mechanic is there on the link gun. The primary fire of link is the most heavily used weapon and, I assume, most players are tapping the fire key to give an endless burst of shots. It seems like it's an easy way to contribute towards gaining kills, but also a way that you just keep getting hit from spam. I wonder if a better solution would be to lower the ammo considerably and also lower the fire speed to this "tapping speed" so that you need a bit more care as to when to use this and can't destroy someone really quick.

On the secondary fire, it just feels less and less effective. I'll be there or thereabouts with accuracy and the damage appears like ....6........6....6..............6..........66666666..........6..........6..... If you even survive that long. It seems like that mode is best at middle distance and then always primary fire when close, but it always feels a bit like you're spamming when at close range too, which is less satisfying. We obviously have to be careful about link and mini as they would be the worst weapon to be over-powered, but there's something that just doesn't seem right and they feel a bit too inconsistent and weak at the moment. Or maybe that's my aim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
    I have no problem with high damage, and DPS potential, but this game should definitely not encourage a "hit and run" playstyle, or any playstyle for that matter. That's what balance is about. Not favoring any play style, so all are viable.

Slow velocity projectile make for lower weapon efficacy, more actual dodging, and promote smart aggression by making movement relevant. High efficacy weapons require cover or armor to contend with, heavily favor peekaboo tactics which aren't fun to watch, and essentially make movement for show.

Anything can be balanced. That does not guarantee it will be fun.
    Exactly right. Currently hitscan is favored and creates boring gameplay. Slower projectile weapons are actually a lot harder to master than something like the sniper rifle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ironic, because BF is mostly bullet weapons. Though, even their bullet weapons have some time to target

"Slowing" the weapons down isn't at all specific. You really should specify rate/interval, velocity, switch away time, etc.

I have no problem with high damage, and DPS potential, but this game should definitely not encourage a "hit and run" playstyle, or any playstyle for that matter. That's what balance is about. Not favoring any play style, so all are viable.

Slow velocity projectile make for lower weapon efficacy, more actual dodging, and promote smart aggression by making movement relevant. High efficacy weapons require cover or armor to contend with, heavily favor peekaboo tactics which aren't fun to watch, and essentially make movement for show.

Anything can be balanced. That does not guarantee it will be fun.

Instead of a GL, I'd rather see an 8ball return, and put it in there next to a classic RL. Single big rockets, with a grenade option, and a mini-rocket launcher. Low damage, with the capacity to salvo. The current split is pretty boring, beyond all else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by teks1 View Post

Agreed, except on removing triple rockets. In my opinion UT needs "wide range (spammy)" weapon.

The thing I don't understand, is that so many want to slow down so many weapons. Seriously, why would you want to have slow rate weapons in arena shooter - it is boring. You shouldn't encourage "hit and run" playstyle, but you should reward (smart) aggressiveness. Make hitting harder (and/or less damage per hit), but don't make weapons slower.
    No it doesn't need spammy weapons. Go play battlefield so you can spam bombs with your tank.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They are actually talking about 100 to 0 dmg weapons to be slowed down. Some people also think tri rox should be removed because "it can't be balanced". That's probably what happened to grenades too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X