What's with the radio silence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
    but this thread is not for the community to debate theories as to why Epic is no longer responding, its to push Epic to respond with the real answer.
    I agree guys. Just listen to Payback and use the thread for what he decides it is for.

Payback - Could you please take the time to go and flag what other current active threads are for please, just to make sure everyone is aware.

Thanks <3
    Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Snark Week...
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Furma View Post

you think there is a dedicated UT team within epic games? think again, Epic Games is using its resources for other games atm thats why UT updates are sporadic and why UT is still in pre-alpha even after 3 years
        I've stood in the office and met the dedicated team. I'm sure they all get shuffled around from time to time. This instance right now is strange and hasn't really occurred to my knowledge in 3 years. This is why I was curious about it. I assumed it was either fortnight related or maybe they're finally pushing out an alpha and a bunch of new content.
        Last edited by pb.; 07-27-2017, 08:42 AM.
        Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Im pretty sure the robot skins are finished and have been for a long time. Why hold back on content?
          Join the community Facebook page
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by pb. View Post

I've stood in the office and met the dedicated team. I'm sure they all get shuffled around from time to time. This instance right now is strange and hasn't really occurred to my knowledge in 3 years. This is why I was curious about it. I assumed it was either fortnight related or maybe they're finally pushing out an alpha and a bunch of new content.
            They definitely had a dedicated team, but that really seems unlikely to be the case now based on everything that has gone on over the past nearly two years now. There was a definite shift at the end of 2015. They haven't seemed to be full time on UT since then.
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Well they are focusing a lot on Fortnite and Paragon right now. I think this pushes UT back a bit further. Still I'd love to hear what they've planned for the coming months. No matter if it's a livestream or a simple blog post. Just some information would be nice.
              inUnreal.de - german Unreal Tournament Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                Im pretty sure the robot skins are finished and have been for a long time.
                i swear i heard the audio of a ut3 robot at times when the skaarj i play dies.. i noticed it mostly when killed by shock primary. maybe just my ears playing tricks

Comment

Not to be offensive or personal, but the community managment for ut4 is really bad.
                  Does not show a lot of respect for the unreal community which is part of why the franchise was really successful. Quite a sad development lately ...

Comment

honestly forums in general are (mostly) a cesspool of annoying people with annoying opinions.

Comment

Projects come and go. I would not be surprised if epic decided to shut the game down quietly. Lawbreakers and Quake Champions are much better games right now and have grasped the attention of other arena fps fans.

I do not want to discourage the development but I'd rather see the game canceled and have the community get fired up to make a better more successful UT like game.
                      Steam
                      irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                      UT Username - nvz
                      gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                      || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

It's not being cancelled. Some are helping out with the launch of Fortnite and the others are just grinding away at the game. No more, no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty or Ruin View Post
                          honestly forums in general are (mostly) a cesspool of annoying people with annoying opinions.
                          I agree, just a bunch of Debbie Downers and Negative Nancys who think they know how this game is supposed to be made. Its NOT UT99 already!

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty or Ruin View Post
                            Forums turn into that when the community management is poor under rough circumstances, which is unfortunately the case with quite a few forums, including this one.

I've seen forums that are very well handled though, so it does exist, it's just quite rare, I guess because it takes a considerable amount effort.
                            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by Avalanche._ View Post

Forums turn into that when the community management is poor under rough circumstances, which is unfortunately the case with quite a few forums, including this one.

I've seen forums that are very well handled though, so it does exist, it's just quite rare, I guess because it takes a considerable amount effort.
                              Exactly, toxic forums are a reflection of the communication of the people operating them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway%27s_law

This isn't just true of forums, of course. Any "system" turns into a reflection of the communication style used to operate that system. It's telling in a lot of ways in this project.
                              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Wrong. Forum are not representative. Negative people tend to be much more motivated to post their thoughts.
                                Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                                https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                                http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                                Discord PUG Community

Comment

Working...
                                X