What's with the radio silence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lg- View Post
    Honestly, I do trust Epic to make a great UT more than the community I rather they had more freedom and people stop grilling them. Provide some feedback, but don't expect it to be guaranteed to be used in any way. Seems fine to me. Its actually impossible to make a complete product (of any kind) fully based around user feedback - too much of it will always clash and half of it is wrong as users don't always know what they actually want util they have had it for a while. And even worse (and this REALLY applies to UT), most people hate *any* change from what they are used to. So yeah, let Epic do their thing. They certainly didn't need our feedback to make UT99 Not saying don't participate at all, but stop getting in the way.
    Agreed. But a small feedback from epic on the next steps won't hurt.
    Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
    https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
    http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
    Discord PUG Community

Comment

It's just sad that the original vision for this project didn't get to meet its full potential, I suppose.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

From Steve's Discord announcement:

Sorry we've gone silent for the last couple of weeks. Epic has some big releases coming out for both Fortnite and Paragon, and most members of the UT team are helping out with those games right now. We're still working on UT in a different branch, but are doing some large refactoring that is reducing build stability and doesn't make sense to merge to the main branch until it settles down. We will update you on status soon. Until then, we look forward to seeing what the community continues to create with the current build of UT, which is the most stable and best performing version we have released.

Comment

Originally posted by lg- View Post
          They certainly didn't need our feedback to make UT99 Not saying don't participate at all, but stop getting in the way.
          They need something. They are currently lacking the lead designer, and co-developers of said game, as they did for UT3.
          Originally posted by Mysterial
          An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post

Until then, we look forward to seeing what the community continues to create with the current build of UT
            lol right.. like they actually give a ****

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              It's just sad that the original vision for this project didn't get to meet its full potential, I suppose.
              Exactly, but oh well right?
              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Is there some reason this thread got removed yesterday and is now back?

Comment

Is there some reason this thread got removed yesterday and is now back?
                  Im sure there is, but just like the tootsie pop, the world may never know.
                  PayBack

Comment

Maybe not. I thought it was odd because it happened after my, imo relatively benign and well intentioned comment. It's not that I don't think the game has a chance of doing well. I'm just talking about the original idea of a community partnership. It would have been unique. I appreciate the opportunity while it lasted, though...

Comment

It was never a partnership. We were an outsource. Substitute for GT/DE/Legend. They are using plenty of community developed art assets. The only reason I can see at this point, that they brought us on so early in the development, is so they can use us as a test group. Stats to aggregate. The game is going through a lot of core design right now, and if it seems like community input is being ignored, it's probably because our design input was never welcome, as anything more than end user feedback.

It's unfortunate too, because there are a couple very knowledgeable and analytical people making some solid posts (and mutators) on what's fundamentally wrong with game play, and yet game play seems to just get more wrong with each update.
                      Originally posted by Mysterial
                      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

I'm not talking about an equal partnership, but nonetheless, it was advertised as a partnership between the studio and community, and for many of us, it was mutually beneficial. I understand not everyone feels that way. At some point, it probably just overwhelmed them. Which is too bad.

Comment

Maybe not. I thought it was odd because it happened after my, imo relatively benign and well intentioned comment. It's not that I don't think the game has a chance of doing well. I'm just talking about the original idea of a community partnership. It would have been unique. I appreciate the opportunity while it lasted, though...
                          The forum and the game were acting really wonky yesterday. Wouldn't sign me in for an hour then it would but parts were missing etc. I wasn't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                            From Steve's Discord announcement:

Sorry we've gone silent for the last couple of weeks. Epic has some big releases coming out for both Fortnite and Paragon, and most members of the UT team are helping out with those games right now. We're still working on UT in a different branch, but are doing some large refactoring that is reducing build stability and doesn't make sense to merge to the main branch until it settles down. We will update you on status soon. Until then, we look forward to seeing what the community continues to create with the current build of UT, which is the most stable and best performing version we have released.
                            Thanks bubbax !! Don't hesitate to give again that kind of feedback.
                            Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                            https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                            http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                            Discord PUG Community

Comment

Working...
                            X