Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by PayBack View Post

Show me one piece of information from Epic or anything that says the UT Devs are working on other projects right now. Lack of communication means nothing, you are assuming because the Devs arent talking that must mean they arent working on the projects.
    https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en...ar-update-2017

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en...play-rebalance

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...community-pack

fortnite and paragon are projects with higher priority and devs/designers already mentioned several times in the past that they are working on other projects - as you can read from the links above, these 2 games are constantly updated unlike UT

you think there is a dedicated UT team within epic games? think again, Epic Games is using its resources for other games atm thats why UT updates are sporadic and why UT is still in pre-alpha even after 3 years

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even if Epic tells you I doubt you'll believe it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Furma View Post

except for common sense and UT being in pre-alpha for 3 years now with Epic Games dedicating most of its work force on other projects I mentioned

developers and community manager having minimal to no correspondence with community for some time now is a dead give away that Epic is focusing its efforts on other projects
    UT4 is an afterthought at this point.
    Show me one piece of information from Epic or anything that says the UT Devs are working on other projects right now. Lack of communication means nothing, you are assuming because the Devs arent talking that must mean they arent working on the projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PayBack View Post
    Epic please tell us what is going on.

There is no evidence to support anything you just said.
    except for common sense and UT being in pre-alpha for 3 years now with Epic Games dedicating most of its work force on other projects I mentioned

developers and community manager having minimal to no correspondence with community for some time now is a dead give away that Epic is focusing its efforts on other projects
    UT4 is an afterthought at this point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    + its middle of summer so people should be on holidays as well
    It's only me having 1 or 2 weeks holiday in the whole summer? Lmao.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic please tell us what is going on.

Fortnite, Paragon and Unreal Engine are Epics top priority

Unreal Tournament 4 is more like a sideline project they (a small team) work on in their spare time

either way, this will be a slow development that will stretch on for years with a high probability of getting canceled if Epic games management decides its a waste of resources - hardcore arena shooters are all but dead in this day and age so it makes financial sense to focus on other products

also Epic games might be looking at how successful Lawbreakers and Quake Champions (a much higher budgeted arena shooters with massive marketing behind them) will be before deciding on fate of UT4 - if those games fail, there is no point in making UT

sad but true (hopefully I am mistaken, but there is no evidence to the contrary)
    There is no evidence to support anything you just said.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fortnite, Paragon and Unreal Engine are Epics top priority

Unreal Tournament 4 is more like a sideline project they (a small team) work on in their spare time

either way, this will be a slow development that will stretch on for years with a high probability of getting canceled if Epic games management decides its a waste of resources - hardcore arena shooters are all but dead in this day and age so it makes financial sense to focus on other products

also Epic games might be looking at how successful Lawbreakers and Quake Champions (a much higher budgeted arena shooters with massive marketing behind them) will be before deciding on fate of UT4 - if those games fail, there is no point in making UT

sad but true (hopefully I am mistaken, but there is no evidence to the contrary)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Funny PB should ask. I came over here tonight to see if I could find a UT4 status update. I had high hopes when this was first announced in May 2014 and through the first year of development, but my optimism has been steadily decreasing. I'd like to hear that they still aspire to produce a first rate UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personal message to epic staff

I dont want to play Quake champions which is so
    poor weapon wise as all quakes before.
    I have played enough overwatch to be aware of the limits of this game. You can't hardly carry your team and super power is a cheap mechanism.

Conclusion : you have no competitors. So go beta, promote blitz and let me play ctf leagues

More seriously, I'm one of those who think that movement (except this sluggish acceleration) and weapons are almost perfect. Do great visuals effect, great immersive sounds and great user interface and go for big success. I would buy your game 100€.

Make our planet great again : Make UT great again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is probably just Fortnite but who knows? Steve hasn't been around at all for weeks, even on Discord.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fortnite would be a good reason. It's just strange they wouldn't mention it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I even would be good with some sort of hint (tweet, meaningful picture - something)...

In meanwhile we could consider two extremes: going Alpha or putting project on hold. Also, vacations or Fortnite could be a reason too, I guess...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X